Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's a fair price for this boat

malcontent

A buddy of mine is interested in a Malibu. He's thinking about the following boat. Anyone want to venture what a fair price would be? I think it's got 150 hours.

2006 Malibu Wakesetter VLX

T/A boatmate trailer (4 wheel disc brakes, torsion axels, pack less hubs)

Spare Tire

Hammerhead 383 w/ 400 hp and 420 ft. torque

Dual Batteries

2 outlet heater w/ 2 hot tube pull outs

Bow MLS system

2pr pull up cleats

Wedge Complete

Billet Glove box door

Depth Finder

Stainless Exhaust Tips

Bimini top (grey and red stripe)

Red Illusion X tower

4 Stainless Steel tower speakers w/ Diamond Speakers

Sony CD player w/ 4 Diamond Coaxial speakers and 2 Diamond Component speakers

2 MTX fan cooled amps flush mounted on custom enclosure so you cant see any wires

1 Eclipse amp

1 Eclipse 12 "

1 Diamond 10" sub

A buddy of mine is interested in a Malibu. He's thinking about the following boat. Anyone want to venture what a fair price would be? I think it's got 150 hours.

Spare Tire

Dual Batteries

Bow MLS system

2pr pull up cleats

Wedge Complete

Billet Glove box door

Depth Finder

Stainless Exhaust Tips

Red Illusion X tower

2 MTX fan cooled amps flush mounted on custom enclosure so you cant see any wires

1 Eclipse amp

1 Eclipse 12 "

1 Diamond 10" sub

I would think that you would spend at least $55,000.00 with the 383 hammerhead in it sounds like is has alot of speaker upgrades. Hope this helps you I think that somebody soon will give you a better idea of what it should cost you but I should not be too far off. Good luck

My 2 cents....

150 hours is a fair amount for an 06. No power wedge (assuming it doesn't have one) also hurts it a little. The HH is nice, but I don't think its worth what was paid for it on the resale end. As much as the original owner may have put into the stereo, and as nice as it may be, its not worth all that much on the resale side (unless your friend would have sunk all that money into the same system anyway). I'd probably be looking to pay high 40's to very low 50's for it, depending on condition, and assuming its not been used in salt water. What are they asking for it?

JC's an experienced "flipper" so from a buyer's perspective his is a good one.

The flip side to that argument is that if you were to buy a new '07 with all of that, even at 10% off of MSRP, it would cost you low to mid $60k's. I've got a boat that's set up very similarly, perhaps with a few more options & I wouldn't take a penny less than $56k for it if I were going to try to sell it this spring (which I'm not). I probably wouldn't sell it quickly at that (or maybe not, I don't know), but that's what I'd want. One other motivation is that the seller potentially bought the boat wrong & may be "upside down" in it, owing more than the boat will bring.

Spare Tire

Dual Batteries

Bow MLS system

2pr pull up cleats

Wedge Complete

Billet Glove box door

Depth Finder

Stainless Exhaust Tips

Red Illusion X tower

1 Eclipse amp

1 Eclipse 12 "

1 Diamond 10" sub

i would pay around $55000 for that $58000 tops i would say.