Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220 Seat Riser

wedge88

@RaimieI didn't want to clutter up the new boat delivery posts so I will create here.  Has anyone with a T220/250 ordered a seat riser?  

I like the risers so I only have to use the booster when surfing so I am going to order one but I don't like my options. 

Inland Curl changed their tubular style to HDPE which looks wonky and they claim it's necessary because the base bolts are near the outside edge but I snapped a pic of mine and they look centered so I would like to put an Uptice locking box like we had in our 2015 but want it where the door swings back instead of off the side but need to verify the measurements.  They also claim it won't work due to where the seat lags to the base but the T220 base is different from the other 2022 Malibu/Axis that I have checked out. 

A84DBDC2-DAF3-4FEE-9787-9B026D6A56D5_1024x1024@2x.webp

Current Uptice offering

IMG_0468.jpg

My 2022 T220 base

IMG_0469.JPG

Current Inland Curl offering

s-l1600_8eac159f-a6bb-44d2-9b91-c9b06c5b50d6_110x110@2x.webp

What I would like to make work.

Edited by wedge88

Good stuff. I wish they would just make the seat base higher on these boats.

I was hoping to go with the inland curl option again, but might go in a different direction based on your post. Keep up posted on what you go with! I am planning on putting on my ladder and hopefully seat riser after the 10 hour service.

• 5 weeks later...

Since I started this I figured I better post what I chose.  I went with the Inland Curl riser for the simplicity.  Went in pretty easy and looks good and solid.  Wanted the Uptice but not with the door out the side and the adjustable riser just didn’t have a clean look with all the bolts and nuts, for my taste.

0C0E315F-0AA6-4BD6-AECC-7834281E1FE2.jpeg

670F4B8F-AB4B-4DD0-8A31-FC48F624C9CA.jpeg

B99396AE-7705-4495-85E3-F7F0DEA4C7C7.jpeg

3 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

so the real question... can you fully rotate the seat now?

I cannot.  It gets close to 90 degrees but not quite.  If the seat was mounted near the edge of hump, like the pics I posted up above, I think it would.  

This will work for now but my plan is to make my own box.  I’d like to make something that’s dual purpose seat riser as well as storage between seat and throttle gunnel as there is so much wasted space over there.  Our 22VLX had a sunken storage bin in that spot which was great for lotion storage.

Edited by wedge88
5 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

so the real question... can you fully rotate the seat now?

This prolly bugs me more than anything else on my boat. I have an 22 a22 and it won’t swivel unless it’s all the way forward.  What were they thinking 

Installed this yesterday. Uptice riser. Unfortunately, its not going to work for me. Its too tall for me. I realize I can lower one setting, but it won't make that much of a difference. I am going to remove it today and start looking for alternatives, or make one that is about 2".

IMG_20220421_184139198_HDR.thumb.jpg.212422d2c8d6e762310ec61ed804153b.jpg

Just cut about a inch or more off the angle pieces length wise and they will bolt back together to make lower. You may have to drill some new holes if you go down past the original ones.

Edited by Blowncoupe
11 minutes ago, Blowncoupe said:

Just cut about a inch or more off the angle pieces length wise and they will bolt back together to make lower. You may have to drill some new holes if you go down past the original ones.

This is what I did too. Try and cut it down so the holes will align

I get it. I just think the inland curl option is a lot cleaner as mentioned above. I am going to contact Kevin and see if he can make me a custom height. (He was able to on my 18 but it was a different style)

On 4/22/2022 at 8:04 AM, Raimie said:

Installed this yesterday. Uptice riser. Unfortunately, its not going to work for me. Its too tall for me. I realize I can lower one setting, but it won't make that much of a difference. I am going to remove it today and start looking for alternatives, or make one that is about 2".

IMG_20220421_184139198_HDR.thumb.jpg.212422d2c8d6e762310ec61ed804153b.jpg

We put 6 hours on a very busy and windy lake this past weekend where I needed to be on my game.  Very happy with the Inland Curl as it puts me above the windshield frame.  My wife liked the height but didn't like that her feet dangled above the floor by 3-4".  Told her I'd make a hinged foot rest.  (I probably won't but it made her happy for the time being.)

i like the idea of a boost and swivel, but with risers this high, does it make it awkward with the steering wheel (banging knees)?

26 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

i like the idea of a boost and swivel, but with risers this high, does it make it awkward with the steering wheel (banging knees)?

No issues with the steering wheel.  The riser puts the whole seat at the height of using the bolster, but now the bolster is only required when surfing with lots of peeps in the back of the boat.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wedge88 said:

We put 6 hours on a very busy and windy lake this past weekend where I needed to be on my game.  Very happy with the Inland Curl as it puts me above the windshield frame.  My wife liked the height but didn't like that her feet dangled above the floor by 3-4".  Told her I'd make a hinged foot rest.  (I probably won't but it made her happy for the time being.)

I adjusted mine to the lowest setting and will at least try it out for a couple hours and see what I think. I am definitely over the windshield frame.

• 1 year later...

Raimie did you end up liking the uptice and keeping it? On the install how do you get to the nuts on the bolts holding down the seat base. Are there nuts under the fiberglass to access somehow? My T22 had the front access to get under seat. Or are they just screwed into the fiberglass. 

On 5/25/2023 at 11:31 PM, Bagar20 said:

Raimie did you end up liking the uptice and keeping it? On the install how do you get to the nuts on the bolts holding down the seat base. Are there nuts under the fiberglass to access somehow? My T22 had the front access to get under seat. Or are they just screwed into the fiberglass. 

I kept it and have been happy with it. The T220 uses lag bolts so there are no nuts on the underside. I just reused the factory hardware.

Edited by Raimie
  • 1 month later...
JeffPetersen

I cannot figure out how to install this.  Access to bolts is super difficult.  Any help would be appreciated.

Axis T220 2023

Thanks

ahopkins22LSV
On 7/10/2023 at 12:07 AM, 555nova said:

How long did it take to get your risers from uptice? I put in my order 5 weeks ago and it still hasn’t shipped even though it said it was in stock.

Contact them. The number on the site is the direct number to the owner. They are a small shop so maybe they are behind and haven’t updated the site but any time I’ve needed something he has taken care of it right away when I reach out. 

Install should be pretty straight forward Jeff. Access is a little tight but very doable. Took me about half hour. You need a ratcheting wrench. I don’t remember the size but I think was 1/2”. Some of the bolts are tricky and if you have swivel seat can help. Some also have to be started with ratcheting end but finished with open end of wrench as you run out of room as bolt gets higher up. It’s really not hard at all. 

It was mentioned prior also but just in case. The bolts are lag bolts and just screwed into fiberglass. No nuts on back side to have to try to reach. 

Post #2 in this link may help people adding a riser and help with being able to swivel the seat.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m with Jeff on this one. On my T250. You absolutely cannot reach the front. Four bolts and nuts on the seat base without climbing into the lifejacket storage behind the captains chair. And even then if you have a heater, it appears I’m going to have to pull the hot tubes out to be able to reach over the top of them and get a wrench on the nuts. I asked my dealership to install a riser and I said I would relieve them of all liability and they said “nope we won’t do those anymore”.  Oh my thoughts are Malibu purposely did this to make it damn near impossible to install a seat riser. Even though they have the worst bow rise in the industry and the numb nuts who ordered my boat did not get it with a bolster seat. I have one ordered from Malibu but they said it could take 12 to 16 weeks.  And even then on the other access boats, I’ve been on that have seat risers. We still use the bolster and I’m 6 foot tall. On the 2017 and the 2018 I have installed risers on. They were just lag bolts going into the fiberglass but these are very long nuts and bolts.