Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220 trailer specs

tgaffin

For whatever reason the actual measurements on these boats to fit in a garage seem to be impossible to find.  Anyone with a T220 with 14" wheels be willing to measure theirs with the tower down?  I saw one post that shows 94.5" with lower racks.  Just verifying a t220 will fit in a 8' garage door with lower racks or do the racks need be mounted upper to make it shorter.  Thanks in advance!

I have to put my racks on still as we went with Skylon Skylocks but I don't forsee an issue.  We have an 8' door and we're on 18" wheels and it cleared the garage by 6" without racks.  I will post my findings if no one else does but it may not be until tomorrow night.  

Great info, thanks! Newbie here, anxiously awaiting my T220 arrival. Glad to have found this group! I have had trouble finding trailer specs as well. Would you be willing to post the total length with the trailer tongue folded? 

10 minutes ago, BohBoh said:

Great info, thanks! Newbie here, anxiously awaiting my T220 arrival. Glad to have found this group! I have had trouble finding trailer specs as well. Would you be willing to post the total length with the trailer tongue folded? 

Are you looking for actual trailer length or total length of boat on trailer?  I can tell you what I know.  My garage is 23'10" and with platform removed and tongue folded we clear the door by 1/2".  I would estimate that if the platform was on that you would need another 8-10" as you have power wedge and surfgates that still come into play when it's removed.

Thanks, I was looking for total length of boat on trailer. I think I am @ 24’ 6” so maybe I will be able to squeeze it in there with the swim platform still in place. I have access to a barn that I can store the boat in if needed. It sure would be awesome if it’ll fit in my garage without too much trouble!. My door is about 7’ tall. I’m thinking that a drop hitch will give me a little bit more room to work with on 14” wheels….

Does your boat have 

1 hour ago, wedge88 said:

Are you looking for actual trailer length or total length of boat on trailer?  I can tell you what I know.  My garage is 23'10" and with platform removed and tongue folded we clear the door by 1/2".  I would estimate that if the platform was on that you would need another 8-10" as you have power wedge and surfgates that still come into play when it's removed.

Does your boat have surf pipe on it?

Good to know! Thanks for the info.  I have 30' but the extra space removing the platform might be nice over winter.  Sounds like the 24'6" is pretty accurate with platform on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 2:28 PM, wedge88 said:

I have to put my racks on still as we went with Skylon Skylocks but I don't forsee an issue.  We have an 8' door and we're on 18" wheels and it cleared the garage by 6" without racks.  I will post my findings if no one else does but it may not be until tomorrow night.  

Just wondered if you have had any time to get a height measurement with tower down.

1 hour ago, tgaffin said:

Just wondered if you have had any time to get a height measurement with tower down.

I did not as we were comparing apples and oranges.  I have 18" wheels and it cleared my 8' door by 6".  I put the racks on (upper position) and lost no height clearance and racks clear rev10 speakers to swing all the way in.  If you mount on the lower position, you're adding to your overall height as the pillar the racks install on is the highest point when tower is folded.  I attached an image to better clarify.  

I can grab that measurement, this evening, but it won't include racks and it's on a taller trailer.  I really don't see how it could clear 7' with 14s and no racks.  

InkedIMG_0452_LI.jpg

Awesome thanks for the info.  It should clear our 8' door even with racks in the lower position.   Worst case move racks to uppers and we will be good.  Build date 5/10 for us.  Seems like an eternity.

Do the upper and lower racks have the same mount pattern (are they interchangeable)?

Also, wedge88- I like the colors that you picked for your interior. Did you ever post updated pics of your boat after you picked it up from the dealer?

• 2 months later...
On 3/31/2022 at 10:42 AM, wedge88 said:

I did not as we were comparing apples and oranges.  I have 18" wheels and it cleared my 8' door by 6".  I put the racks on (upper position) and lost no height clearance and racks clear rev10 speakers to swing all the way in.  If you mount on the lower position, you're adding to your overall height as the pillar the racks install on is the highest point when tower is folded.  I attached an image to better clarify.  

I can grab that measurement, this evening, but it won't include racks and it's on a taller trailer.  I really don't see how it could clear 7' with 14s and no racks.  

Hi @wedge88.  Just to be clear - are you saying your boat fits in a standard 8' garage door?  When I collapse my tower and measure I'm over 8' tall with the tower collapsed.  I think I have a very similar setup to yours - 18" wheels, one set of Rev 10s, and the dual coverage bimini.  I wonder if my tower is not lowering as far as yours?  did you take any pictures with yours collapsed? 

Edited by rennis
1 hour ago, rennis said:

Hi @wedge88.  Just to be clear - are you saying your boat fits in a standard 8' garage door?  When I collapse my tower and measure I'm over 8' tall with the tower collapsed.  I think I have a very similar setup to yours - 18" wheels, one set of Rev 10s, and the dual coverage bimini.  I wonder if my tower is not lowering as far as yours?  did you take any pictures with yours collapsed? 

Did you remove the black knob turn buckle screws to allow the tower to go lower?

Edited by ndahlberg12
48 minutes ago, ndahlberg12 said:

Did you remove the black knob turn buckle screws to allow the tower to go lower?

I sure didn't!  and saw that on a youtube video - that makes quite a lot of difference as it turns out. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, rennis said:

Mine clears the 8' door by 6" with the bimini ends being the highest point.  Did you order the tower assist shocks?  I just had it installed on mine and I had to remove the knobs to get the tower to go all the way down.  Once down, I put the knobs back in to lock the tower in the lowered position so it doesn't spring back up.  

Edit - saw you got the answer above.  Sorry I was late to the game but hopefully it worked for you.

Edited by wedge88

I did the same thing and had to figure out the knobs had to be removed.   I do have a warning.  I had my tower down (knobs back in to be sure it stayed down since we have the shocks) and I had flipped the tower supports back upright and locked back with the plastic piece.  Since we have our racks in lower position it made it too tall for the 8' door and as I pulled it out of garage it ever so slightly caught my garage door.  Not the header but just the very end of the door.  No harm to boat but it did ding my garage door.  Lesson learned the tower supports have to be flipped out to make it low enough.