Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extreme Trailer

burbanized

Has anyone done this wheel swap on their trailer? I am thinking of doing this to mine , but i dont know how difficult it would be to do so. HELP PLEASE Cry.gif

I have not done this but assume it could be fairly costly. You will need to talk to Extreme or any trailer supply shop and see if there are any 6 lug hubs that will fit on your spindles. If so you will also have to change out the brake rotors and possibly the caliper and brackets depending on the diameter of the new rotors.

A few measurements and a quick call to a trailer shop should get you started. I know of a great shop here in Modesto you can call. Let me know if you want the number.

Awww C'mon guys I also want the trailer to be pimp. I can get a hold of some stock DENALI rims that I think will make the trailer really stand out and If I want to really pimp it, I can get a hold of some 20's for the trailer too. Besides the stereo is already

So whats up? when are we riding I think my 05 still has the lowest hours around. lets get the drysuits out. I heard you guys are doing the McClure trip for memorial for 07.

Kb3 can you please givre me the number to the shop in Modesto? I would like to give them a call. and ask some questions

Trailer rated tires aren't necessary. The tire just have to have a good load rating. The stiffer the side wall the better. Trailer tires aren't immune to blow out, they blow out all the time. Getting a good tire with a stiff sidewall that are made to corner at speeds is better. Extreme trailers use auto tires on their 17" rim upgrades and still warranty everything.

just buy some wheel adapters that go from a 5 lug to 6 lug. You won't have to swap your hubs his way.

The only problem I see with that is most wheel adapters are fairly thick, and while I am not an expert on Extreme trailers, I would be surprised if the extra track width would fit under the fender wells. ICBW

just buy some wheel adapters that go from a 5 lug to 6 lug. You won't have to swap your hubs his way.

The only problem I see with that is most wheel adapters are fairly thick, and while I am not an expert on Extreme trailers, I would be surprised if the extra track width would fit under the fender wells. ICBW

I would also question the weight carrying ability of them. I'll bet they come with a HUGE disclaimer.

Even if you adapted... are the backspacing on the other wheels you have correct? The wheels might actually rub on the inside of the fender, or stick out... slinging road crap up on your boat..

Man this seems like one of those "hey I've got this extra set of XXX... " that'll end up costing you more than if you just went and got the right wheels to start with

KB3

good point you are correct. You will have to get a positive offset to make up for the thickness of the adapter. The wheels need to be a 0 offset to fit correctly, or I should say as the stock wheels fit.