Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 LX what do i need to know?

ron

just put $$$ down on above. coming off a 2005 crownline 180 V6. anything special i need to know about this boat? has the factory tower, stereo, heater, wedge.

what are your experiences?

just put $$$ down on above. coming off a 2005 crownline 180 V6. anything special i need to know about this boat? has the factory tower, stereo, heater, wedge.

Welcome to the board. There isn't a model called LX, do you mean VLX? On Malibu's corporate website there is a list of options you can get. Most recommend get the most HP you can, add the stereo stuff aftermarket w/ lower costs, tower it's a matter of choice and style.

Welcome to the board. There isn't a model called LX, do you mean VLX? On Malibu's corporate website there is a list of options you can get. Most recommend get the most HP you can, add the stereo stuff aftermarket w/ lower costs, tower it's a matter of choice and style.

thanks.. it is a Response LX. nothing to watch out for? this fall i may ask for tips on winterization. we b on fox lake wisconsin..

Yea - don't mind Malibudue, he can't keep track of all the boat models... you can only expect so much of the boy ;)

Welcome to the group - I suspect you'll love the boat

Welcome.gif to the site. M-dude is a true wakeboarder. He can't even remember the Response LX Tease2.gif

I know this is not your first boat but go into the DIY Articles & Technical Information section. This my help with many of your questions, even how to winterize your BU.

Yea - don't mind Malibudue, he can't keep track of all the boat models... you can only expect so much of the boy ;)

Welcome to the group - I suspect you'll love the boat

Hey there big boy at least spell my screen name correctly.... Tongue.gif

thanks.. it is a Response LX. nothing to watch out for? this fall i may ask for tips on winterization. we b on fox lake wisconsin..

The Response is the best handling boat out there and is appropriately named. Give us the specs or the info but it should have the LCR engine or the monsoon. Since you're purchasing used I'd have a marine mechanic perform an inspection and wet test at the expense of the seller should you purchase it. Give everything a through check and then double check it. Given the age practically a new boat it'll have some warranty left on it. The wedge is only needed if you plan on doing any wakeboarding, although it's not going to produce much of a wake. How many people are you going to have on board regularly I assume you slalom primarily on lakes that aren't extremely rough?The Response is the best handling boat out there and is appropriately named. Give us the specs or the info but it should have the LCR engine or the monsoon. Since you're purchasing used I'd have a marine mechanic perform an inspection and wet test at the expense of the seller should you purchase it. Give everything a through check and then double check it. Given the age practically a new boat it'll have some warranty left on it. The wedge is only needed if you plan on doing any wakeboarding, although it's not going to produce much of a wake. How many people are you going to have on board regularly I assume you slalom primarily on lakes that aren't extremely rough?

The Response is the best handling boat out there and is appropriately named. Give us the specs or the info but it should have the LCR engine or the monsoon. Since you're purchasing used I'd have a marine mechanic perform an inspection and wet test at the expense of the seller should you purchase it. Give everything a through check and then double check it. Given the age practically a new boat it'll have some warranty left on it. The wedge is only needed if you plan on doing any wakeboarding, although it's not going to produce much of a wake. How many people are you going to have on board regularly I assume you slalom primarily on lakes that aren't extremely rough?The Response is the best handling boat out there and is appropriately named. Give us the specs or the info but it should have the LCR engine or the monsoon. Since you're purchasing used I'd have a marine mechanic perform an inspection and wet test at the expense of the seller should you purchase it. Give everything a through check and then double check it. Given the age practically a new boat it'll have some warranty left on it. The wedge is only needed if you plan on doing any wakeboarding, although it's not going to produce much of a wake. How many people are you going to have on board regularly I assume you slalom primarily on lakes that aren't extremely rough?

Easy now mdude, we got it the first time...no need to repeat yourseld Surprised.gif

M-dude, you are going to be so sorry you jumped on this thread. . .what, does the wife have you thinking vdrives? First thing I thought of was Response--nary a V-name crossed my mind. ;)

And where exactly did Ron state that the boat is used? Perhaps it is, but let's not jump to conclusions. At least you have Troy and Edwin so excited that they're misspelling things. Crazy.gif

Ron, WELCOME! You will LOVE the boat. We can walk you through the winterization when needed or almost anything else you might have questions about. And to address your question specifically, I'll start you out with this: Your new boat backs to the right (in case you didn't know).

Easy now mdude, we got it the first time...no need to repeat yourseld Surprised.gif

Just got giddy about a DD discussion. Yahoo.gif

Glad to see we have another SKIER on the site.

Welcome aboard.

Tell us more about the boat..... and we'll flood you with ideas and DIY projects and great ways to spend more of your money.

For starters, PLEASE replace (assuming you may have to replace them) whatever Mickey Mouse registration numbers with Domed Numbers. For $100, you new purchase will "look" like it's worth $1000 more.

See one of our other locations on this site re where/how to purchase and HOW to apply.

post-114-1169705920_thumb.jpg

Edited by doughickey

More ways to enhance your boating pleasure:

1/ Launch Seat: To add seating capacity when you can't have folks sitting at the back.

2/ PVC Cover System: To prevent your cover from drooping if you park at a dock.

3/ Booster pack: For when your good old battery dies.

4/ Teak Platform: Covers and re-finishing

5/ Motor Box Insulation

6/ CNC NiBrAl prop upgrades

7/ Helmets

8/ Impeller replacement

9/ Mooring Whips

10/ Fabric protection & Lubrication

11/ Portable Ski Courses

12/ Trolling Motors (for emergency power..... don't laugh.... it works)

post-114-1169706050_thumb.jpg

post-114-1169706083_thumb.jpg

post-114-1169706216_thumb.jpg

Edited by doughickey
At least you have Troy and Edwin so excited that they're misspelling things. Crazy.gif

I get so flustered when I see Edwin's Avatar that I can't type correctly Innocent.gif

... much better than the tongue and toilet thing... though it provided the same mispelling result Crazy.gif