Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

REV12 Tower Speaker

Five Cent Worth

4 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Yep, ordered the 23 lsv with only 23lsv pack, no subwoofer. Made adapters to add amps.

Powering all of the cabin speakers off of a SDX4 giving each of them a little over 150 rms. Previously had 4 rev 10's on an sdx2, but going to install 4 rev 12's on a sundown 500.4 (they dyno at about 600rms per channel at 14v) 

Currently have 2 XXX12's each on a 2.3hp, going to switch these out next year for 2 DC XL Elite 12's on ~5k. 

Overall sounds WAY better than any of the stock boats. They tried cramming all of the revo 8's on a syndx4 dsp.. it was pretty underwhelming.

What gauge did you run to tower by the way? I have 4 individual runs of 14ga, but may want to run 12 for the new rev 12's.

I actually used wetsounds wet wire.  https://wetsounds.com/spkr-rgb-combo-150-wire/  12ga.  It's expensive, but so much easier to run with it all in one run.  I hate running LED runs separate.  I'm running all my 4 revo8s on an SDX2, the 4 revo 6s on the last 2 channels of the sdx6, then a xxx12 on the sdx2500.   

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, CJAY said:

I actually used wetsounds wet wire.  https://wetsounds.com/spkr-rgb-combo-150-wire/  12ga.  It's expensive, but so much easier to run with it all in one run.  I hate running LED runs separate.  I'm running all my 4 revo8s on an SDX2, the 4 revo 6s on the last 2 channels of the sdx6, then a xxx12 on the sdx2500.   

I am doing a whole new system in my boats. Tell me if this all will work, 4 Rockford fosgate 8 m2, 4 Rockford fosgate 6 m2 with a sdx 6 running those. A SDX 2 in parallel running the 2 pair 12hds. And 2 Rockford fosgate 12 T1 on a sdx 2500 at 2ohms. 

56 minutes ago, Ottomatic said:

I am doing a whole new system in my boats. Tell me if this all will work, 4 Rockford fosgate 8 m2, 4 Rockford fosgate 6 m2 with a sdx 6 running those. A SDX 2 in parallel running the 2 pair 12hds. And 2 Rockford fosgate 12 T1 on a sdx 2500 at 2ohms. 

I don't know much about rockford fosgate, but I'd definitely run more than 200 watts per can for the 12s.  That's way under powered.  One set at 400 watts ifs going to sound better than 4 at 200.  Plus it will be more bang for your buck

6 minutes ago, CJAY said:

I don't know much about rockford fosgate, but I'd definitely run more than 200 watts per can for the 12s.  That's way under powered.  One set at 400 watts ifs going to sound better than 4 at 200.  Plus it will be more bang for your buck

Look at wetsounds website that amp is rated at 620 at 2 ohms, wouldn’t that be 310 per speaker??

1 minute ago, Ottomatic said:

Look at wetsounds website that amp is rated at 620 at 2 ohms, wouldn’t that be 310 per speaker??

They are 4ohm speakers, you can't run them at 2ohms

10 minutes ago, CJAY said:

They are 4ohm speakers, you can't run them at 2ohms

he said two pair, which means two 4ohm speakers per channel, which means 2ohms.

2 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

And he is running in parallel.  I'd still give them more juice than 310 watts.  I'm running 585 per speaker.  Pick up an extra sdx6 over the sdx2 and you could run all of them at 585 with 4 channels for the in boats left 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Best bet for only 1 pair would be SDX4 for a pair. 

2 hours ago, CJAY said:

And he is running in parallel.  I'd still give them more juice than 310 watts.  I'm running 585 per speaker.  Pick up an extra sdx6 over the sdx2 and you could run all of them at 585 with 4 channels for the in boats left 

Ok so instead of doing the sdx2 do a sdx6, if they are wired in parallel how are wiring them up??

1 hour ago, Ottomatic said:

Ok so instead of doing the sdx2 do a sdx6, if they are wired in parallel how are wiring them up??

You would need two (2) 6 channel amps power four (4) speakers with each amp bridged into 3 chnl mode. Upside, you have 4 open chnls for other speakers/woofer. Down side, each tower speaker need its own 2-conductor v's two 2 conductors can service 2 pair wired to a 2 chnl amp. 

17 hours ago, Ottomatic said:

You need to run single runs to each speaker.  It's extra work, but I think a little extra work is worth it to get the most out of a $6000 total investment between speakers and amps.  Plus those 4 left over channels work great for the bow speakers

10 hours ago, CJAY said:

You need to run single runs to each speaker.  It's extra work, but I think a little extra work is worth it to get the most out of a $6000 total investment between speakers and amps.  Plus those 4 left over channels work great for the bow speakers

Yes this is the way I am going, changed my order today. Now I just have to hurry up and wait!!

Can anyone confirm if the rev x mount is all that is needed to go from Rev 10s to Rev 12s on a G3.5 tower? No one seems to be able to consistently tell me 1 pair will fit with clearance on the side mounting location. 

20 minutes ago, QmanBu said:

Can anyone confirm if the rev x mount is all that is needed to go from Rev 10s to Rev 12s on a G3.5 tower? No one seems to be able to consistently tell me 1 pair will fit with clearance on the side mounting location. 

The original will not work, there is not enough spacing from the tower to the rim of the front of the speaker due to the mounting positing being inset into the speaker. 

You will have to order the Rev HD X Mount. I got some and will be installing today. 

spacer.png

Awesome! Would love to see a pic once you get them installed. I want to pull the trigger but was waiting to see it actually done on a G3.5 tower. 

I take it it still will mount “high and tight” on the dual bracket and then the x hd mount with the size?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, QmanBu said:

Awesome! Would love to see a pic once you get them installed. I want to pull the trigger but was waiting to see it actually done on a G3.5 tower. 

I take it it still will mount “high and tight” on the dual bracket and then the x hd mount with the size?

So due to the cans being bigger I’m going to have to use this wetsounds offset bracket for mine Atleast. I have g5 tower and they make the 10’s really close (under a cm). https://wetsounds.com/ADP-Illusion-DXT/

Here is a link of a guy who had done it with an older tower! I actually inquired as well haha. https://www.instagram.com/p/CgFgwkoPnuU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=