Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

REV12 Tower Speaker

Five Cent Worth

The new grill option is so much better than the previous wetsounds options. Glad to see as I have never been a fan of their std grill. The old malibu branded ones were a little better but the one in the pic posted by @06malibu is the best of the group in my opinion. Nice work wetsounds. Hopefully it makes it through to the rest of the line as well. 

Edited by lerch
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 9:14 PM, 06malibu said:

These things are massive 

157BB5EC-25BD-4A59-B788-8C8D5216BD38.jpeg

Beautiful! Have you heard them? Do they deliver on mid-bass?

On 6/24/2022 at 9:22 PM, Cole2001 said:

Going to assume most brands already doing wetsounds will offer them. Be curious to see what the stereo package cost comes out to be. 

I have heard malibu was one of the OEM’s that was not going to. Could be false

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 8:47 PM, Ottomatic said:

I am about too order 2 pair do you think they will fit on a g4 tower??

Yes, I just installed a 2 on my G4 tower with rev10s on the inside.  I'm running 575watts to each and they blow away the rev 10s on mid base and sound all around.  They actually add bass

On 7/10/2022 at 9:07 PM, Brandonloos21 said:

I have heard malibu was one of the OEM’s that was not going to. Could be false

Malibu doesn't power their speakers well enough to make them worth it

A larger driver compared to a smaller driver both, receiving the same wattage, the larger driver will deliver more output and deeper mid-bass/bass extension. This is a common topic around woofers. Ive got X amount of wattage, should I go with a 10" or a 12"? Go with the 12"! Principal holds true with cabin or tower speakers, as long as the tower pods are way to small to allow the mid-bass production. 

its actually more efficient to increase output by adding surface area compared to adding amp wattage. Adding surface are can be either swapping to larger speakers or adding more speakers. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, CJAY said:

Malibu doesn't power their speakers well enough to make them worth it

Yes I’ve always ordered mine bare and installed my own. But that is subjective as many people have different reasons as to why something may or may not be “worth it”. 

I know some people on these forums don’t really care about spending the extra $, especially those with GX tower as it’s more difficult to run wiring. They just re-amp the stock rev 10’s and call it a day. 

In addition, I’m sure Malibu would have stepped up their amps (maybe SYNDX2.3 to power 2 pair, 2x SYNDX4s?) to run these if they were going to be carrying as OEM. 

Ya don’t know until ya do though…

18 hours ago, CJAY said:

Yes, I just installed a 2 on my G4 tower with rev10s on the inside.  I'm running 575watts to each and they blow away the rev 10s on mid base and sound all around.  They actually add bass

Mine will be in next week. I ordered the dxt adaptors to help with the off set. Are  running them in stock location?? 

4 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Yes I’ve always ordered mine bare and installed my own. But that is subjective as many people have different reasons as to why something may or may not be “worth it”. 

I know some people on these forums don’t really care about spending the extra $, especially those with GX tower as it’s more difficult to run wiring. They just re-amp the stock rev 10’s and call it a day. 

In addition, I’m sure Malibu would have stepped up their amps (maybe SYNDX2.3 to power 2 pair, 2x SYNDX4s?) to run these if they were going to be carrying as OEM. 

Ya don’t know until ya do though…

As a whole malibu way under powers their speakers period, tige does a much much better job with their stereo systems, until new ownership took over and dropped wetsounds as a whole in 2023.  Friend has a 2022 25lsv and his stereo is pretty weak.  The big issue is these new boats are getting harder and harder to do aftermarket installs due to how they glass things, require adapters and limit room for wiring.  When I re did my 25lsv I reran the towers with single runs, to 2 sdx6's with 3 of my rev 10s on one amp and one on the other, then the front speakers on the other two channels.  Towers are getting 585 watts each, which really brings out the sound on the new 12s

2 minutes ago, Ottomatic said:

Mine will be in next week. I ordered the dxt adaptors to help with the off set. Are  running them in stock location?? 

Those adapters are great, only negative is how thin and fragile the led wires are.  Broke the ground 3 times trying to get them up into the tower.  I have mine on the stock outer 

13 minutes ago, CJAY said:

Those adapters are great, only negative is how thin and fragile the led wires are.  Broke the ground 3 times trying to get them up into the tower.  I have mine on the stock outer 

Those are BIG!!! Will 2 pair fit. Outer pair on stock location and inner pair with the adapters?? How will head clearance be do you think??

1 minute ago, Ottomatic said:

Those are BIG!!! Will 2 pair fit. Outer pair on stock location and inner pair with the adapters?? How will head clearance be do you think??

Yeah two pair will fit fine and they hang just a little lower at the woofer than the 10s, so probably won't impact things much.  I may do another pair next year.  They just really round out the sound well

54 minutes ago, CJAY said:

As a whole malibu way under powers their speakers period, tige does a much much better job with their stereo systems, until new ownership took over and dropped wetsounds as a whole in 2023.  Friend has a 2022 25lsv and his stereo is pretty weak.  The big issue is these new boats are getting harder and harder to do aftermarket installs due to how they glass things, require adapters and limit room for wiring.  When I re did my 25lsv I reran the towers with single runs, to 2 sdx6's with 3 of my rev 10s on one amp and one on the other, then the front speakers on the other two channels.  Towers are getting 585 watts each, which really brings out the sound on the new 12s

Yep, ordered the 23 lsv with only 23lsv pack, no subwoofer. Made adapters to add amps.

Powering all of the cabin speakers off of a SDX4 giving each of them a little over 150 rms. Previously had 4 rev 10's on an sdx2, but going to install 4 rev 12's on a sundown 500.4 (they dyno at about 600rms per channel at 14v) 

Currently have 2 XXX12's each on a 2.3hp, going to switch these out next year for 2 DC XL Elite 12's on ~5k. 

Overall sounds WAY better than any of the stock boats. They tried cramming all of the revo 8's on a syndx4 dsp.. it was pretty underwhelming.

What gauge did you run to tower by the way? I have 4 individual runs of 14ga, but may want to run 12 for the new rev 12's.

Edited by Brandonloos21