Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response Build Photos Wanted

Slalom Frog

Hi everyone-

I am getting ready to take on a project of adding a little ballast to my Response LXi. I am going to add a bag in the ski locker and probably make a custom tank to sit the rear seat on. Any photos of a Response at any stage in the build process would be appreciated. It would be great to get some photos of the interior of the hull as bare as possible. Thanks!

Here are pics from the plant when mine was being built

newboatpics

There are also some pics from a plant tour ... not sure what is included in them.

/Steve

Steve - thanks for the photos, couple of them will help me plan my system without having to take things apart in the boat. I appreciate it.

Mike

Here one pic. of the interior being built.

th_HPIM1166.jpg

And one of the rear seat mod. that I did that you could put bag under and keep the seat. Link to Mod.

th_Seatmod.jpg

Thinking of doing something similar with the seat but not quite as tall. Haven't decided if I am going to build a tank or find a bag that will fit under a modified seat height. Nice idea that you came up with.

Do you already have a Wedge on your boat? If you do, adding that much ballast to the back of the boat isn't going to do much (other than damage your fuel tank if you don't support it properly). If you don't have the Wedge, that would be a much easier way to accomplish the same thing.

If you're adding additional ballast, I would recommend locating it further forward in the boat, otherwise you won't like the wake much.

Do you already have a Wedge on your boat? If you do, adding that much ballast to the back of the boat isn't going to do much (other than damage your fuel tank if you don't support it properly). If you don't have the Wedge, that would be a much easier way to accomplish the same thing.

If you're adding additional ballast, I would recommend locating it further forward in the boat, otherwise you won't like the wake much.

I do have a wedge. I am not going to place any ballast in the trunk. I am going to most likely build a tank that will also serve as a base for the seat. I am also going to put a sac in the floor locker. I have estimated that I am going to add about 350 pounds from the tank and roughly the same in the ski locker.

I am basing my project on what my wake has been like when I have people in the boat. I really like the wake when there are 5+ people in the boat. I am hoping to be able to create such a wake when I don't have people. Any suggestions/comments? I know that you have quite a bit of experience with your Response.

Thanks

Sorry, I definitely misread your original post! I think you're set with the ballast/Wedge combo that you're exploring, and that's going to get you as close as possible to the ideal wake without filling the interior of the boat with ballast.

Sorry, I definitely misread your original post! I think you're set with the ballast/Wedge combo that you're exploring, and that's going to get you as close as possible to the ideal wake without filling the interior of the boat with ballast.

No worries, thanks for the confirmation.