Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LXi has been approved

edgeski1

Skisix, the closed bow is a huge storage area....I can sleep in there. It's faster than a RLX (by a tiny amount), perhaps due to airflow, perhaps weight....and the looks....well, that's just personal. I just love the clean (no upholstery, no grab rails) look of a closed bow.

Jack, you are likely very right. And it's been a bit for me too, but the last class c tournament I was at had it's largest showing in Mens III, and almost as many in Mens IV. Mens I had 3-4 skiers.

And Jack, don't let that 1300 miles bother you. I've got one going to Kansas this month, and I've sent them to CA, BC, Tahoe, and Russia, believe it or not. You buy the boat, I'll help you find a way to get it home.

Peter. :)

name='SmoothWaterMan' date='Jan 26 2007, 02:36 PM' post='150756']

Skisix, the closed bow is a huge storage area....I can sleep in there. It's faster than a RLX (by a tiny amount), perhaps due to airflow, perhaps weight....and the looks....well, that's just personal. I just love the clean (no upholstery, no grab rails) look of a closed bow.

Jack, you are likely very right. And it's been a bit for me too, but the last class c tournament I was at had it's largest showing in Mens III, and almost as many in Mens IV. Mens I had 3-4 skiers.

And Jack, don't let that 1300 miles bother you. I've got one going to Kansas this month, and I've sent them to CA, BC, Tahoe, and Russia, believe it or not. You buy the boat, I'll help you find a way to get it home.

Not a Response, but pretty clean lines...

100_0691.jpg

Edited by 88Skier

That's cool Peter, you obviosly have a twinkle in your eye about that boat.

Here's the link for all the approved tow boats:

http://usawaterski.org/graphics/downloads/...20Form-AWSA.pdf

Is it me or did AWSA jack these combinations up. The Hammerhead with a smaller prop then the Monsoon??? The MC looks really messed up. MCX / 1.26:1 with a much, much bigger prop. then the LQ9 / 1.56:1 ??? That just can't be right!!

Also I thought it interesting that the CC is a new boat. I wonder what they changed ? I bet it was the motor.

Supra 20 w/Indmar Assault (basically a Monsoon) and a 13x11 prop. Smaller boat same HP???

What a weird year!!!

Is it me or did AWSA jack these combinations up. The Hammerhead with a smaller prop then the Monsoon??? The MC looks really messed up. MCX / 1.26:1 with a much, much bigger prop. then the LQ9 / 1.56:1 ??? That just can't be right!!

Also I thought it interesting that the CC is a new boat. I wonder what they changed ? I bet it was the motor.

Supra 20 w/Indmar Assault (basically a Monsoon) and a 13x11 prop. Smaller boat same HP???

What a weird year!!!

Yeah, really weird! I wasn't aware that CC changed anything either.

The Hammerhead with a smaller prop then the Monsoon??? The MC looks really messed up. MCX / 1.26:1 with a much, much bigger prop. then the LQ9 / 1.56:1 ??? That just can't be right!!

Holeshot, perhaps?

What a weird year!!!

That column is to indicate which props are approved, not to be read as that prop was approved for that boat. For instance, either Bu can run the OJ or the ACME. I think they made a mistake on the CC, I haven't heard anything that is new.

It's not like the chief driver actually goes under the boat before the tournaments and actually checks- at least in my area.

That column is to indicate which props are approved, not to be read as that prop was approved for that boat. For instance, either Bu can run the OJ or the ACME.

So is that regardless of which motor is in the boat? i.e. if the RLXi has the Monsoon, it can still use the ACME 13x12 or OJ 13x11.5?

That column is to indicate which props are approved, not to be read as that prop was approved for that boat. For instance, either Bu can run the OJ or the ACME.

So is that regardless of which motor is in the boat? i.e. if the RLXi has the Monsoon, it can still use the ACME 13x12 or OJ 13x11.5?

Yes, either of those engines in an RLXi with either of those props.

That makes more sense. I would hate to see the MC that runs an LQ9/ 1.56 : 1 with a 13x12 prop. I would think they would get their spead sheet a little more defined. I was hoping that they just screwed up on purpose so that nobody would have to follow their guide lines. Tongue.gif

I think the CC is trying a new motor as I told you guys at the boat show. I Doubt it will show in promo boats yet.