Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Grand Wagoneer vs RAM 1500

RyanB

On 1/26/2022 at 8:00 PM, RyanB said:

LWB

LWB?  

Also, were you able to confirm anything around the towing capacity on your side?  I am about to start a thread asking if there is any real world experience towing the 25 with the newer Tahoe/Suburban's and/or the grand wagoneer.

4 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Long wheelbase

Thank you.  I thought he was talking about a specific model and it was a model abbreviation.  I couldn't make the connection.

20 minutes ago, JeffK said:

LWB?  

Also, were you able to confirm anything around the towing capacity on your side?  I am about to start a thread asking if there is any real world experience towing the 25 with the newer Tahoe/Suburban's and/or the grand wagoneer.

I haven’t done any more research on WDH recommendations. Personally, I would trust what is in the owners manual more than what I would a dealer employee, so I’m ok with what I’ve found so far. And I honestly am not concerned about WDH with my 7000 pound boat. Others may feel differently. 

I will order a long wheel base Wagoneer or GW as soon as they are available.  Happy to give you a report when I’m able to take delivery, but that’s certainly several months off.  

1 minute ago, RyanB said:

I haven’t done any more research on WDH recommendations. Personally, I would trust what is in the owners manual more than what I would a dealer employee, so I’m ok with what I’ve found so far. And I honestly am not concerned about WDH with my 7000 pound boat. Others may feel differently. 

I will order a long wheel base Wagoneer or GW as soon as they are available.  Happy to give you a report when I’m able to take delivery, but that’s certainly several months off.  

That would be great!  Would love to know what you think

The new Sequioa's just dropped and it looks like they only come with the big-torque hybrid engines.  They may be worth a look.  Next years Caddies are also coming in a "V" version with over 600 HP but anybodies' guess on how redonkulous the price will be.   

• 2 months later...

Jeep really missed the mark with this new Grand Wagoneer by having a few hundred pounds less payload than the Suburban/Tahoe and Expedition.  1450 lbs of payload gets eaten up quick by a family of 5 each bringing 20 lbs of stuff with them.  They didn't leave a lot of room for tongue weight.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 11:21 AM, RyanB said:

I think it’s about $30k. 

Yeah, I’m not a Chevy guy. And certainly NOT a Cadillac guy. The only thing that would make me think about going that way would be the 3.0 diesel, and that isn’t enough of a draw for me. The Caddy is a hard pass in my household. 

That was my position... hell no, I will never own a GM product... certainly not a Cadillac... and NEVER an Escalade.  Well.. one year into owning my '21 Escalade Duramax.... I could not be happier and there isn't another vehicle out there that I would trade it in for today.  We are super happy with this thing. Still a little embarrassed to pull into the Caddy dealer for service (only been once for a simple oil change.)  Been flawless. Awesome to drive around town and pulls strong on the way to the lake.