Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BIG SOUND SYSTEMS-WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING?

thewakesetter

thewakesetter

This is for all the loud guys on the lake. I am curious who is running what on their Malibu's? I ordered my boat with a completely deleted system so I could custom build my own. Here is my current Build:(IN PROGRESS)

SUBS: 5 WETSOUNDS REVOXXX 15s (3 FRONT 2 UNDER THE PASSANGER SIDE ONE UNDER DRIVERS AND 2 IN THE BACK COMPARTMENTS) (PORTED)

POWER: 16-2600AMP 6V MARINE GRADE GOLF CART BATTERIES-WIRED IN SERIES

TOWER: 14 WETSOUNDS REV 10s with LEDs and RGB

BOAT: (8)10" WETSOUNDS REVO CX10 XS COAXIAL SPEAKERS with LEDs and RGB

PROCESSOR: AUDIOCONTROL DM-810 DIGITIAL AUDIO PROCESSOR

AMPS:(SUBS) (5) WETSOUNDS SINSTER SDX-2500 D CLASS AMPS WIRE AT 2 OHMS

(6) WETSOUNDS SINSTER SDX-4 CHANNEL AMPLIFIERS (TOWR AND INTERIOR)

WETSOUNDS WS-420 EQ

For all the older guys on here that are going to give me a hard time: This system still makes plenty of room for storage in the boat. YES, I DO SURF AND ACTUALLY USE MY BOAT! LOL 

For everyone else post up your setups. I am curious to see what everyone is running! 

10 hours ago, thewakesetter said:

Do you really mean "in series" to get a 96V battery?  I assume you want high current, so more likely 8 parallel sets of 2 (in series for 12V each)?  

you gonna tie into the boat's system too? upgraded alternator to charge all that?

7 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Are you serious or just trolling?  If your serious, I couldn't imagine what that stuffs gonna cost.

google says those 16 batteries alone are ~$4k...ouch.

A 2 ohm DVC woofer will get you wither a 1 or 4 ohm load at the amp. So with one woofer p/amp, 4 ohm would net only 1000W rms. 1 ohm would net 2500W rms. With two woofer, you can get 2 ohm, but they would divide 1700W rms for a net of 850W each. 

14 tower speakers and 8 in-boats but only six 4 chnl amps? 

Edited by MLA
  • Like 1

Seems like this would be a build that would just about beat someone elses boat out there...

I would recommend SDX 2's to power the revs (either 4 per amp or 2 per amp depending on output you want). If this is legit, i have even seen people be able to get the wetsounds headunit and hook it up and be compatible with the malivue screens, at this cost, the extra $500 for the headunit should be chump change. Looking at around $45,000 for JUST the wetsounds equip. (msrp).

If this is legit id like to follow the build process. I thought I was loud with 4 rev 10's on an sdx2, 10 8" on sdx4, and 2 revo xxx12's each on a syn dx 2.3.

Please don't take this comment to be rude or inflammatory, etc. but I have to ask, why?  I understand that everyone has their own tastes, interests, ideas, and hobbies, but I don't understand the point of this.   

From an audio shop marketing perspective, I totally get it- promotional purposes.  For an individual rider- I'm lost.

Honestly, can someone please explain it to me?

44 minutes ago, REHinH20 said:

...and with this set-up, no extra ballast needed!!!

Because of all the gals that will instinctively flock to the boat like the salmon of Capistrano?

Edited by BlindSquirrel
14 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Because of all the gals that will instinctively flock to the boat like the salmon of Capistrano?

lol, I'm thinking there will be many "solo" rides on that thing!!  Certainly, no place for any conversation.

2 hours ago, justgary said:

Yup, P, OIDH.

It might be even more fun to spend the money on getting your male appendage surgically gigantisized and then stand on top of your tower and wag it meaningfully at every innocent passerby.

Perhaps name the boat "LoudrThnUrMom" 

• Haha 3
16 hours ago, thewakesetter said:

This is for all the loud guys on the lake. I am curious who is running what on their Malibu's? I ordered my boat with a completely deleted system so I could custom build my own. Here is my current Build:(IN PROGRESS)

SUBS: 5 WETSOUNDS REVOXXX 15s (3 FRONT 2 UNDER THE PASSANGER SIDE ONE UNDER DRIVERS AND 2 IN THE BACK COMPARTMENTS) (PORTED)

TOWER: 14 WETSOUNDS REV 10s with LEDs and RGB

BOAT: (8)10" WETSOUNDS REVO CX10 XS COAXIAL SPEAKERS with LEDs and RGB

PROCESSOR: AUDIOCONTROL DM-810 DIGITIAL AUDIO PROCESSOR

AMPS:(SUBS) (5) WETSOUNDS SINSTER SDX-2500 D CLASS AMPS WIRE AT 2 OHMS

(6) WETSOUNDS SINSTER SDX-4 CHANNEL AMPLIFIERS (TOWR AND INTERIOR)

WETSOUNDS WS-420 EQ

For all the older guys on here that are going to give me a hard time: This system still makes plenty of room for storage in the boat. YES, I DO SURF AND ACTUALLY USE MY BOAT! LOL 

For everyone else post up your setups. I am curious to see what everyone is running! 

Unless youre an audio shop promoting your skills/products there is absolutely no need for all this. I feel sorry for anyone sitting in the boat or even on the shore. I suspect you may piss off a bunch of people at your lake.  All you want is attention with a system like this. 

As far a comment on the components of the system, the Audio control piece is top notch (I use them all the time, and have been an Audio Control fan since the early 90s). And if you dial it in correctly you will be able to leave the amp gains all the way down so the noise floor will be non-existent. Sadly I have a feeling youre a twist everything clockwise type of individual.

And this is coming from someone who was in custom car audio for 20+ years before coming to the boating world.

11 minutes ago, COOP said:

Unless youre an audio shop promoting your skills/products there is absolutely no need for all this. I feel sorry for anyone sitting in the boat or even on the shore. I suspect you may piss off a bunch of people at your lake.  All you want is attention with a system like this. 

This is what those stereo's are built for.

This is on lake Eufaula Ok. It is Corp owned and the "cut" is a solid 1/4 mile from the nearest house and is very well known for being the hot place to go. From the $1mill+ go fasts to the over the top wake boats and everything between. 

It is a loud fun place to go. Trust me no one cares including the lake patrol. 

Mine was built to hold it's own back in the day. But the new guys are spending more in stereo then my entire boat / stereo cost. 

I've got 2 rev 410's with a arc 300.2 on each enclosure, DD 3512 powered by a DD M1C, and a arc 300.4 on the 4 diamond 6.5's. 

I built mine to be efficient and endure the abuse. We built 5 or 6 sub boxes playing with different configurations to get the most out of the space I have.  

I am running 4 interstate golf cart batteries with a separate house battery. 

I also built water cooled blocks that the amps are mounted to so cooling is never an issue. 

I have mounted and wired a arc 600.2 but I never got the 4 rev 10's to hook up to it. I got a lake house and had kids so that upgrade got put on hold.
Honestly my stereo has only been used hard 3 or 4 times in the last 3 years. 

I can't wait to see your build. 

thewakesetter
14 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Are you serious or just trolling?  If your serious, I couldn't imagine what that stuffs gonna cost.

Absolutely serious! lol

• Like 1
thewakesetter
12 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Pics or it didn’t happen. Sounds like an insane setup that’s for sure. Your pictures on another thread looks like stereo delete so makes sense. 

I will post pictures shortly. I own a malibu blog so it's all for the site. 

• Like 2
thewakesetter
7 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Do you really mean "in series" to get a 96V battery?  I assume you want high current, so more likely 8 parallel sets of 2 (in series for 12V each)?  

you gonna tie into the boat's system too? upgraded alternator to charge all that?

google says those 16 batteries alone are ~$4k...ouch.

Correct on the batteries. The electrical system is completely separated from the boat stereo. It's the only way to go! 

thewakesetter
28 minutes ago, cowwboy said:

This is what those stereo's are built for.

This is on lake Eufaula Ok. It is Corp owned and the "cut" is a solid 1/4 mile from the nearest house and is very well known for being the hot place to go. From the $1mill+ go fasts to the over the top wake boats and everything between. 

It is a loud fun place to go. Trust me no one cares including the lake patrol. 

Mine was built to hold it's own back in the day. But the new guys are spending more in stereo then my entire boat / stereo cost. 

I've got 2 rev 410's with a arc 300.2 on each enclosure, DD 3512 powered by a DD M1C, and a arc 300.4 on the 4 diamond 6.5's. 

I built mine to be efficient and endure the abuse. We built 5 or 6 sub boxes playing with different configurations to get the most out of the space I have.  

I am running 4 interstate golf cart batteries with a separate house battery. 

I also built water cooled blocks that the amps are mounted to so cooling is never an issue. 

I have mounted and wired a arc 600.2 but I never got the 4 rev 10's to hook up to it. I got a lake house and had kids so that upgrade got put on hold.
Honestly my stereo has only been used hard 3 or 4 times in the last 3 years. 

I can't wait to see your build. 

That looks like an extremely good time! lol I have heard Lake Don Pedro out here in cali gets like that. 

thewakesetter
4 hours ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Some photos for inspiration... Looks like Next Level can take your boat to the next level.

Wakeboard-Boat-Tower-Speakers-Wet-Sounds-Equipment-Orlando WetSounds-Stereo-Speakers-Next-Level

It's funny you found that picture. There was a guy out here that had a 23LSV with 32 Rev 10s on the tower. I am pretty sure I have seen the boat on here. That a bit too much even for me! lol I still like to use my boat.

14 minutes ago, thewakesetter said:

Correct on the batteries. The electrical system is completely separated from the boat stereo. It's the only way to go! 

Since you are serious about the job, go with LiFePO4 batteries rather than lead acid.  They have much better performance under load and last much longer even at 80% cycle depth.

thewakesetter
1 hour ago, justgary said:

Since you are serious about the job, go with LiFePO4 batteries rather than lead acid.  They have much better performance under load and last much longer even at 80% cycle depth.

Really? I will have to check them out. I have never run those before thanks for the input.

thewakesetter
2 hours ago, COOP said:

As far a comment on the components of the system, the Audio control piece is top notch (I use them all the time, and have been an Audio Control fan since the early 90s). And if you dial it in correctly you will be able to leave the amp gains all the way down so the noise floor will be non-existent. Sadly I have a feeling youre a twist everything clockwise type of individual.

And this is coming from someone who was in custom car audio for 20+ years before coming to the boating world.

It's for our malibu blog actually. We are going to film, photograph, and do a step-by-step process of the entire build. And yes, it may piss some people off for sure. To each their own i say. I am actually into sound QUALITY way more than just volume. Also, reliability is a huge thing for me. Most guys can only run their systems for an hour or two before they have to fire up their boat. 

1 hour ago, thewakesetter said:

Really? I will have to check them out. I have never run those before thanks for the input.

Lead acid voltage will sag under heavy load, but LiFePO4 will not.  Lead acid is considered empty at 50% discharge, but LiFePO4 will easily support 80% every discharge, and further if you don't mind reducing their lifetime.

Specifically what batteries are you considering?  2600 Amp doesn't mean much....

1 hour ago, thewakesetter said:

Most guys can only run their systems for an hour or two before they have to fire up their boat.

This does not surprise me at all.  How many hours are you hoping to run between charges?