Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Torsion Axle 2020 23 MXZ

Judnick58

Does anyone know where I can order just 1 torsion axle for my Malibu trailer? I bent the heck out of one last summer pulling my 2020 23 MXZ. The trailer has maybe 800 miles on it… 

• 2 months later...

Having already played this game myself. In both cases you probably need to replace just the actual straight axle assembly between the hubs. The splined axle shafts are rubber mounted in those axles assemblies. IME, the chances of you bending the actual torsion arm are nearly impossible because the rubber gets sacrificed and destroyed first. I reused my original hub assembly without any problems or after effects from my curb incident. Fortunately I live in TN and it was a BoatMate trailer on my 2010. I just drove out to Loudon and bought a new unpainted axle assembly. The shipping cost alone at the time was more than the cost of the axle. 

Edited by wdr
Cl
2 hours ago, Scotters12 said:

I need to replace mine as well. Did you end up finding out which one? I have yet to pull it off and get the serial number.
Curious if it's the same as boatmates listed below 
https://www.boatmateparts.com/product_details.php?itmId=1007

On my 21 Malibu replaced it with UFP. I believe any UFP dealer can replace that axle. All you need is the serial number. Crawl underneath and take a pic of the serial number. 

Thanks all for the feedback all. Took off the trailing arm to get a better look, but guess I'll just have to get a new axle from UFP because I can't confirm its just the trailing arm. You can see the wear pretty extensively on the tire in the images I put below. Dealer said it was 4 months for Malibu to paint one and send it so was hoping to expedite.    

https://imgur.com/a/Px3zD5l

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

On my 21 Malibu replaced it with UFP. I believe any UFP dealer can replace that axle. All you need is the serial number. Crawl underneath and take a pic of the serial number. 

Found the serial number thanks!

2 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

I need to add. In about 2016or 2017. On my 07, I lost the UFP axle on my trailer. I went to the local trailer shop and they got the axle replaced for $0.00. Dexter/UFP replaced it no cost. Same thing, get the serial number. My local trailer shop did ask me to bring the axle in to verify the length. 

8 hours ago, Scotters12 said:

Thanks all for the feedback all. Took off the trailing arm to get a better look, but guess I'll just have to get a new axle from UFP because I can't confirm its just the trailing arm. You can see the wear pretty extensively on the tire in the images I put below. Dealer said it was 4 months for Malibu to paint one and send it so was hoping to expedite.    

https://imgur.com/a/Px3zD5l

spacer.png

spacer.png

Found the serial number thanks!

Front Tire on Curb side of trailer.... Good chance its just the trailing arm.  

• 2 months later...

I'm having a very similar issue on my 2017, but can't find the serial number on the axle. Can someone share a picture of where it is? I have the line-x type coating they put on the white trailers similar to the OP.

TIA

1 hour ago, mikeakatex5 said:

I'm having a very similar issue on my 2017, but can't find the serial number on the axle. Can someone share a picture of where it is? I have the line-x type coating they put on the white trailers similar to the OP.

TIA

If it's like my 2016 Boatmate trailer, the serial number is on the bottom of the axle just offset from the center of the axle.

I just ordered 2 new axles Tuesday.  Starboard side front axle was bad and allowed the tire to hit the fender causing a blowout.  I went ahead and ordered 2 new ones.  Cost was $1444 ($500 shipping, $100 paint, plus axles).  Unfortunately gas to TN right now would probably run me close to the shipping costs.  Boatmate told me 6-8 weeks on time frame.

20220605_180732.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

To follow up on my last post.

I purchased a trailing arm and brand new tire to see it would fix it. Unfortunately still saw a lot of wear on the tire and ended up buying an axle

Trailing arm I bought:

https://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/UFP-Vault-Torsion-Arm-Disc-Brake-Assembly-42K-Left-Hand-43041L-_p_4530.html

Found the axle number on the bottom of the axle. Contacted UFP, they created below form for me and quoted me like ~$440 dollars for raw axle but needed to be shipped to a business which I didn't have. Contacted one of there local distributors and they put the order in for me and took about 3-4weeks.. ~$660 pick up from their store. Got the paint codes from Malibu and got a matching gloss paint plus primers at local auto paint store. If I was to do it again I'd buy the Raptor white truck bed paint as it seemed to match the texture much better than the gloss paint. 

Instructions on taking off the trailing arms found here:

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/general-tigé-topics/trailer-talk/26900-bent-spindle-trailing-arm-2016-boatmate#post1088616

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

X6OokjO.jpg

WnRZtHz.jpg

Paint codes

lCddfY8.png