Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pressure fuel indmar mpi year 2000

Charlotte2

On 12/8/2021 at 6:02 PM, GaryDoug said:

Try putting the meter in the lowest fixed resistance range, not auto.

The reason I suspect power problems is because there are so many reading spikes in the log file. We normally do not see those. That could cause erratic operation. But that may not be the real cause of the problems.

If I were troubleshooting, I would use an oscilloscope on the pink wire while the engine is running. But you may not have one. Again this is just a guess.

Maybe check and/or replace the ignition relay.

Hello everyone!  I made the measurements... I get on the orange 12,2 ohm and on the pink 14,2 ohm
I clean the green sockets oxidation everything is clean
All other parts finished being replaced
knock
map
aic
sensor throttle
temperature probe 

I made the measurements with the battery connected + and- and the ECM disconnected...

GaryDoug can you please tell me where the ignition relay is and how to test it?

Edited by Charlotte2

Hello everyone!  I made the measurements... I get on the orange 12,2 ohm and on the pink 14,2 ohm
knock
map
aic
sensor throttle
temperature probe 

I made the measurements with the battery connected + and- and the ECM disconnected...

#GaryDoug can you please tell me where the ignition relay is and how to test it?

6 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

Hello everyone!  I made the measurements... I get on the orange 12,2 ohm and on the pink 14,2 ohm
knock
map
aic
sensor throttle
temperature probe 

#GaryDoug can you please tell me where the ignition relay is and how to test it?

I don't know where it is on your boat. Get someone to switch on and off the ignition while you listen for it.

3 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

I don't know where it is on your boat. Get someone to switch on and off the ignition while you listen for it.

I suspect that the relays are under the box that covers the ECM, but I am not really sure either.  I have never had to hunt mine down.

@formulaben?

17 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

ok i'll have a look ... what do you think of the measurements of the pink and orange threads?

1 hour ago, Charlotte2 said:

ok i'll have a look ... what do you think of the measurements of the pink and orange threads?

?? Is that what you asked me? values seem high to me.. +5 ohm.. 

26 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

It seems high to me as well.  I would have expected 2 Ohms or less.  The orange wire J1-1 should connect directly to the battery through the ECM fuse.  The pink wire is connected to the battery through the ECM relay and another fuse.  It might be worth your while to make sure all of the power connectors at the engine and under the dash are clean.  The engine grounds (returns) are usually connected on studs on the ECM ends of the heads.  The B+ power to the engine comes from the starter and possibly the alternator.

If you have green connections, spend some time getting them un-green.

2 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

Make sure you are using the meter correctly. When you touch the two meter leads together, it should read zero Ohms. Most meters have a reset button to make it zero. If not, just subtract that reading from the ones made on your boat wires.

Just now, justgary said:

Look at all that space!

To be completely fair, the partition/seatback at the front of the engine compartment is removed in this photo, but that is very easy, 4 screws and lift it out. I bought this boat just because of the ample room to work.

1 minute ago, GaryDoug said:

To be completely fair, the partition/seatback at the front of the engine compartment is removed in this photo, but that is very easy, 4 screws and lift it out. I bought this boat just because of the ample room to work.

Not to mention a place to put the kids when they get unruly....

6 hours ago, GaryDoug said:

Make sure you are using the meter correctly. When you touch the two meter leads together, it should read zero Ohms. Most meters have a reset button to make it zero. If not, just subtract that reading from the ones made on your boat wires.

the measure is on I have zero when I touch the two wires... 

On 08/12/2021 at 19:03, GaryDoug said:

Le fil rose est l'alimentation principale 12v. Le fil orange est toujours allumé et sert à la sauvegarde 12v des données apprises en mémoire.

Si vous le pouvez, débranchez tout ce qui est connecté au connecteur du tachymètre avant de mesurer la résistance.

If I understand correctly I can take a direct fi from the battery to the + that comes on the pink and orange? to test.. 

So today I put a wire connected on one side to the positive battery and on the pink... nothing changes.. I looked at the orange wire had 14.2 volts during the test and the pink too.. I reversed the relays (3) to be sure they work.. Nothing changes... so I guess now I have to send the ECM for checks.... Mefiburn can be or somewhere else?? Maybe someone can do it? 

5 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

So today I put a wire connected on one side to the positive battery and on the pink... nothing changes.. I looked at the orange wire had 14.2 volts during the test and the pink too.. I reversed the relays (3) to be sure they work.. Nothing changes... so I guess now I have to send the ECM for checks.... Mefiburn can be or somewhere else?? Maybe someone can do it? 

What about the power return?  Did you clean the ground wires behind the heads?

1 minute ago, justgary said:

Et le retour de puissance ? As-tu nettoyé les fils de terre derrière les têtes ?

I don't understand.. sorry ! 

31 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

I don't understand.. sorry ! 

Sorry.  The negative side of the battery must also provide good contact.  The black battery wire goes to the engine, connecting at the stud on the head.  Make sure it is clean. 

Also remove the round Cannon plug near the ECM and make sure the connections are clean.  If you have the old split male pins, gently separate them a tiny bit so that they make good contact.

2 minutes ago, justgary said:

Pardon. Le côté négatif de la batterie doit également fournir un bon contact. Le fil noir de la batterie va au moteur, se connectant au goujon sur la tête. Assurez-vous qu'il est propre. 

Retirez également la fiche ronde du canon près de l'ECM et assurez-vous que les connexions sont propres. Si vous avez les anciennes broches mâles fendues, séparez-les doucement un tout petit peu pour qu'elles soient bien en contact.

ah yes thanks for the details.. actually all this has been checked and the black wires of the J socket of the ecm have less than 5 ohm.. Only pink and orange have more than 12 ohm.. 

1 minute ago, Charlotte2 said:

ah yes thanks for the details.. actually all this has been checked and the black wires of the J socket of the ecm have less than 5 ohm.. Only pink and orange have more than 12 ohm.. 

The Cannon plug carries the ignition voltage, so you really need to check it.

7 minutes ago, justgary said:

La prise Cannon transporte la tension d'allumage, vous devez donc vraiment la vérifier.

ok then I’ll still look can be even pull out the complete leads... because my round grip is clean with grease