Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pressure fuel indmar mpi year 2000

Charlotte2

Just now, justgary said:

Would it be better for that measurement to use volts referenced to ground?  Basically just testing the relay and fuse connections.

J2-32 should have B+ on it when the key is on if the fuse and relay are both good.

He could do that with the ECM plugged in but with the ECM inactive it might not be a good load test. Better than nothing I guess.

6 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

Il pourrait le faire avec l'ECM branché, mais avec l'ECM inactif, ce n'est peut-être pas un bon test de charge. Mieux que rien je suppose.

I’ve lost my friends to you...:lol:

what should I do and measure?

58 minutes ago, justgary said:

J'essaie toujours de confirmer si votre moteur doit utiliser des injecteurs 19 #/Hr ou 24 #/Hr. J'ai les données de mon moteur à comparer avec les vôtres.

Si votre moteur fonctionne suffisamment bien pour faire un court trajet, pouvez-vous enregistrer des données qui incluent une courte période de chacun de ces éléments (avec le moteur déjà réchauffé à 160 * F) :

- Ralenti à ~650 RPM (MAP <45 kPa)

- Croisière à ~3600 RPM (MAP ~78 kPa)

- WOT à ~5000 RPM (MAP ~100 kPa)

Le moteur doit être sous charge pour cela, donc le simple fait de le faire tourner au point mort ne compte pas. Je n'ai besoin que d'environ dix secondes de chaque point de données, le fichier doit donc être suffisamment court pour être publié en un seul enregistrement continu. Merci.

justgary I can not put the boat in the water before the month of April here...it’s a shame...

39 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

Pas de lecture ? Assurez-vous de le mesurer avec les deux connecteurs ECM débranchés. Le compteur est-il en mode de gamme automatique ?

Peut-être que le tachymètre affecte la lecture.

yes in automatic mode...two ECM connector disconnected and battery connected

5 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

yes in automatic mode...two ECM connector disconnected and battery connected

Try putting the meter in the lowest fixed resistance range, not auto.

The reason I suspect power problems is because there are so many reading spikes in the log file. We normally do not see those. That could cause erratic operation. But that may not be the real cause of the problems.

If I were troubleshooting, I would use an oscilloscope on the pink wire while the engine is running. But you may not have one. Again this is just a guess.

Maybe check and/or replace the ignition relay.

Edited by GaryDoug
16 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

Essayez de placer le multimètre dans la plage de résistance fixe la plus basse, pas automatiquement.

La raison pour laquelle je soupçonne des problèmes d'alimentation est qu'il y a tellement de pointes de lecture dans le fichier journal. Normalement, nous ne les voyons pas. Cela pourrait provoquer un fonctionnement erratique. Mais ce n'est peut-être pas la vraie cause des problèmes.

Si je devais dépanner, j'utiliserais un oscilloscope sur le fil rose pendant que le moteur tourne. Mais vous n'en avez peut-être pas. Encore une fois, ce n'est qu'une supposition.

Peut-être vérifier et/ou remplacer le relais d'allumage.

What is the function of pink thread?

If an ignition coil is supposed to provide say 40,000 or 50,000 volts output, is there a way to measure that at the spark plug? Safely?

Steve B.

quick edit: I'm pretty sure my '02 Monsoon 325 injectors are 24# also, and the same with the spark plugs you mentioned above.

Edited by Steve B.
added info
12 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Si une bobine d'allumage est censée fournir une sortie de 40 000 ou 50 000 volts, existe-t-il un moyen de mesurer cela à la bougie d'allumage? Sans encombre?

Steve B.

modification rapide: je suis presque sûr que mes injecteurs '02 Monsoon 325 sont également 24 #, et la même chose avec les bougies d'allumage que vous avez mentionnées ci-dessus.

coil has already been changed... no improvement

21 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

Quelle est la fonction du fil rose ?

What is the pink wire (electric cable) for?
on the tachometer there is also a perfect stargazer pass plugged for rpm...

7 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

What is the pink wire (electric cable) for?
on the tachometer there is also a perfect stargazer pass plugged for rpm...

The pink wire is the main 12v power supply. The orange wire is always on and is for 12v backup of the learned data in memory.

If you can, unplug anything connected to the tachometer connector before measuring resistance.

This is a Marine Power manual rather than Indmar, but they should be essentially the same.  Page 5-20 (also known as page 246) has a relevant schematic.

https://marinepowerusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ELECTRONIC-FUEL-INJECTION-MEFI-3-5.7L-350CID-8.2L-502CID.pdf

Note that the manual has sections for Throttle Body Injection (TBI) as well as Multi Port Injection (MPI).  It also has sections for big block 7.4L/8.2L engines.  Make sure that you are looking at a section appropriate for your engine....

11 minutes ago, justgary said:

Ceci est un manuel Marine Power plutôt qu'Indmar, mais ils devraient être essentiellement les mêmes. La page 5-20 (également connue sous le nom de page 246) contient un schéma pertinent.

https://marinepowerusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ELECTRONIC-FUEL-INJECTION-MEFI-3-5.7L-350CID-8.2L-502CID.pdf

Notez que le manuel contient des sections pour l'injection de corps de papillon (TBI) ainsi que l'injection multiport (MPI). Il comporte également des sections pour les moteurs Big Block de 7,4 L/8,2 L. Assurez-vous que vous regardez une section appropriée pour votre moteur....

thank you.. Justgary!  I look éd 246 I only have my phone I don’t see much... that you have to see on the diagram 

Here is the 1998 version of the same manual. It is in vector format, not raster/bitmap, so is much smaller and easier to scroll and read. I do not have a 1999 manual in vector format.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/okf2ep9mouh5zbj/L510004_MEFI3_troubleshooting_and_repair_1998.pdf/file

Edited by GaryDoug
6 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

Voici la version 1998 du même manuel. Il est au format vectoriel, pas raster/bitmap, il est donc beaucoup plus petit et plus facile à faire défiler et à lire. Je n'ai pas de manuel de 1999 au format vectoriel.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/okf2ep9mouh5zbj/L5100004_MEFI3_troubleshooting_and_repair_1998.pdf/file

thanks!!  I’m not as strong as you in electronics so I don’t understand what is relevant in the. page 246?

4 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

thanks!!  I’m not as strong as you in electronics so I don’t understand what is relevant in the. page 246?

Page 246 is probably not the same on the 98 manual. I will take a look. 5-20 in 1999 is 5-22 in 98.

Edited by GaryDoug
11 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

a friend send for me try mefi4... 

Will not work. Do not connect that to your connectors. They are completely different pin-outs. It would be a lot of effort to rewire it, even if it could work.

Edited by GaryDoug
1 minute ago, GaryDoug said:

Ne fonctionnera pas. Ce sont des brochages complètement différents. Ce serait beaucoup d'efforts pour le recâbler, même si cela pouvait fonctionner.

You do well to tell me.. I thought with a little luck this might work.. 

3 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

Probably prevented some fireworks! Sorry.

I suppose it is all for the best.

Probably the best way to rewire it would be with a male/female jumper harness on each connector so you could pin everything out correctly but leave the original harness untouched.  But of course, that would be a lot of work only to find out (for example) that the problem was in the original harness....

1 hour ago, justgary said:

Je suppose que tout va pour le mieux.

La meilleure façon de le recâbler serait probablement d'utiliser un harnais de cavalier mâle/femelle sur chaque connecteur afin que vous puissiez tout épingler correctement tout en laissant le harnais d'origine intact. Mais bien sûr, ce serait beaucoup de travail seulement pour découvrir (par exemple) que le problème était dans le harnais d'origine...

ok.. thank you !! 

Earlier I seem to have seen the 50 amp circuit breaker at the rear the green lugs as oxidation perhaps the cause. I’m looking at tomorrow to dismantle