Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pressure fuel indmar mpi year 2000

Charlotte2

6 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

with E85 it also turns as rounded and banging but no smoke or very little? on the other hand I made a big acceleration and heard a big boom (blow of petard)...I believe that for E85 it is necessary to set ignition above 10°
(if anyone knows I would take note because when my problem solved I will pass ethanol)

I have compared your engine data to a run I did with my engine some time ago.  Everything looks fine with yours as far as I can tell.  By the way, my "F29 Lookup" is around 3.3 mS at 650 RPM.  Our atmospheric conditions are very similar.

Since that is the case, I suspect it may be one of two things:  Poor spark or low compression.

I don't remember if you have changed the coil or not, but they are cheap and can get weak.  I would change it.

It would also be a good idea to do a compression/leakdown test on each cylinder.  It is possible that you could have both conditions, with poor compression caused by cylinder washing from the rich fuel for so long.  This can glaze the rings and allow blowby. 

Running the engine wide open for a few minutes might help remove carbon from valves and piston tops also.  I would try that as well.  If you can, record the data during that test.

1 hour ago, GaryDoug said:

Voici les 3 fichiers, les deux premiers en réponse à justgary et un troisième qui est le résultat de l'utilisation de carburant E85

https://www.mediafire.com/file/r3g2sieme8fjdfa/DLOG-Save-2021nov.24-124201-No.csv/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p8d6ayjjr158n33/DLOG-Save-2021nov.24-130037-No.csv/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gemsv9jsvv4455g/DLOG-Save-2021nov.24-133424-No.csv/file

L'heure de l'analyse est dans le nom du fichier après la date, c'est-à-dire 12:42:01

La valve IAC semble fonctionner

yes the test IAC is at 13:00:37

44 minutes ago, justgary said:

J'ai comparé les données de votre moteur à un essai que j'ai fait avec mon moteur il y a quelque temps. Autant que je sache, tout va bien chez vous. Soit dit en passant, mon "F29 Lookup" est d'environ 3,3 ms à 650 tr/min. Nos conditions atmosphériques sont très similaires.

Puisque c'est le cas, je soupçonne que cela peut être l'une des deux choses suivantes : une mauvaise étincelle ou une faible compression.

Je ne me souviens pas si vous avez changé la bobine ou non, mais elles sont bon marché et peuvent s'affaiblir. Je le changerais.

Ce serait aussi une bonne idée de faire un test de compression/fuite sur chaque cylindre. Il est possible que vous ayez les deux conditions, avec une mauvaise compression causée par le lavage des cylindres du carburant riche pendant si longtemps. Cela peut glacer les anneaux et permettre le soufflage. 

Faire tourner le moteur grand ouvert pendant quelques minutes peut également aider à éliminer le carbone des soupapes et des têtes de piston. J'essayerais ça aussi. Si vous le pouvez, enregistrez les données pendant ce test.

Thanks Justgary, this is not good news for me because changed the reel in August and I"have been running compression tests a week ago...all cylinders to about 10.5 bar (152 psi)

In the new rooms:
Gas pump
pressure regulator
candle wire
lighter head
finger teaser
ignition module
candles (black in 30 minutes)
injectors (replaced by reconditioned FJ164)
thermostat

I will receive
IAC Regulator
temperature sensor

That you have had the opportunity to turn around to try...nothing changes...

I think I’ll try to find someone here who will lend me the full ignition system because there’s the coil in the igniter that I don’t change ...

I just saw a big detail that may be important.
I filmed computer screen while I was recording this noon...there were several DTC codes that appeared less than 1 second and disappeared in the DTCs box at the bottom right. Here is the list of defects:

- 43L
- 44L
- 32L
- 61L
- 32L (several seconds)

I repeat that they came and left in less than 1 second

3 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

I just saw a big detail that may be important.
I filmed computer screen while I was recording this noon...there were several DTC codes that appeared less than 1 second and disappeared in the DTCs box at the bottom right. Here is the list of defects:

- 43L
- 44L
- 32L
- 61L
- 32L (several seconds)

I repeat that they came and left in less than 1 second

I would not trust that to be true. When the app gets bad data due to power irregularities, it does what you are seeing. If the codes do not stay on, they are very likely false. You can see irregularities in the other data as well.

Just now, GaryDoug said:

Je ne croirais pas que c'est vrai. Lorsque l'application reçoit de mauvaises données en raison d'irrégularités d'alimentation, elle fait ce que vous voyez. Si les codes ne restent pas allumés, ils sont très probablement faux. Vous pouvez également voir des irrégularités dans les autres données.

yes I also think like you... the SYNC key went from green to red all the time

Just now, GaryDoug said:

Maintenant, il est possible que les irrégularités de puissance soient le vrai problème. Je ne dis pas que c'est le cas, mais cela pourrait valoir la peine d'être étudié.

and yes that’s also what I think now as if there are micro cuts somewhere...I don’t know how I could verify that

I would do this: Disconnect both battery terminals. Unplug both connectors on the ECM. Use the lowest resistance range of your multi-meter. Check the resistance from the negative battery cable to pins 4, 5 and 20 on the ECM J1 connector (all black wires). Next measure the resistance (with the ignition switch on) from the positive battery cable to pins 1 (orange wire) and 32 (pink wire) on the ECMJ2 connector. All should measure less than 5 Ohms.

23 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

Je ferais ceci: Déconnectez les deux bornes de la batterie. Débranchez les deux connecteurs de l'ECM. Utilisez la plage de résistance la plus basse de votre multimètre. Vérifiez la résistance du câble négatif de la batterie aux broches 4, 5 et 20 du connecteur ECM J1 (tous les fils noirs). Mesurez ensuite la résistance (avec le contacteur d'allumage en position marche) du câble positif de la batterie aux broches 1 (fil orange) et 32 (fil rose) sur le connecteur ECMJ2. Tous devraient mesurer moins de 5 Ohms.

yes thank you I do tomorrow morning...:)

I have news because I sent the reference of my CEFI to several repairer... MEFIBURN tells me that CEFI3 does not correspond to Hammerhead but malibu monsoon 2

22 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

I have news because I sent the reference of my CEFI to several repairer... MEFIBURN tells me that CEFI3 does not correspond to Hammerhead but malibu monsoon 2

Monsoon II = 5.7L (350 Cubic Inch) Small Block Chevy.

Hammerhead = Small Block Chevy bored and stroked to 6.2L (383 Cubic Inch).

Your engine should have a label with model and serial number on the side of the oil pan (port side on a vee drive).

Just now, justgary said:

Monsoon II = 5,7 L (350 pouces cubes) Chevy à petit bloc.

Hammerhead = Small Block Chevy alésé et poussé à 6,2 L (383 pouces cubes).

Votre moteur doit avoir une étiquette avec le modèle et le numéro de série sur le côté du carter d'huile (côté bâbord sur un entraînement en V).

there is error...mine is a 5,7L Hammerhead 350 with 365hp.. not a 383 Mine to aluminum cylinder heads and trees came different... I went through the forum there were also on the 2002 "echelon" and on the brochure of the time it was optional...

35 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

there is error...mine is a 5,7L Hammerhead 350 with 365hp.. not a 383 Mine to aluminum cylinder heads and trees came different... I went through the forum there were also on the 2002 "echelon" and on the brochure of the time it was optional...

Whatever they called it, if you have 5.7L displacement, you want injectors rated to work with a 5.7L engine.  The injectors are sized by the amount of air the engine can hold in each cylinder, not the horsepower.

5 minutes ago, justgary said:

@COOPÉRATIVE- Avez-vous une bonne référence croisée pour les injecteurs de carburant ? En fait, juste des spécifications feraient l'affaire. Numéro de pièce Indmar 556049.

it is on the forum they advised the. FJ164.. last year.. I have the problem since these injectors but I was not doing the boat before and two injectors were gripping that’s why I changed.