Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pressure fuel indmar mpi year 2000

Charlotte2

12 minutes ago, justgary said:

Comment les données CEFI3 se comparent-elles à votre tachymètre pendant que le RPM rebondit ?

I can’t tell you this, but there’s a slight vibration when the tachometer bounces... 

1 hour ago, Charlotte2 said:

I can’t tell you this, but there’s a slight vibration when the tachometer bounces... 

The idea is that you try to verify everything.  If the engine is fine but the tachometer is bouncing, you will spend more time diagnosing the engine instead of the tachometer.  You have a CEFI3 reader.  Verify everything.

On 12/19/2021 at 5:10 PM, justgary said:

The idea is that you try to verify everything.  If the engine is fine but the tachometer is bouncing, you will spend more time diagnosing the engine instead of the tachometer.  You have a CEFI3 reader.  Verify everything.

21122205031526202817721878.jpg

Hello everyone..i hope everyone is doing well and preparing for the end of the year holidays !!

today with the gel here, I have complete cleaning of the spark and adjustment. In 15 minutes turn black.

Can you tell me what the AP column at the end of the red arrow corresponds to ??? I have the impression that these are the only figures which vary enormously at idle ...

14 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

21122205031526202817721878.jpg

Hello everyone..i hope everyone is doing well and preparing for the end of the year holidays !!

today with the gel here, I have complete cleaning of the spark and adjustment. In 15 minutes turn black.

Can you tell me what the AP column at the end of the red arrow corresponds to ??? I have the impression that these are the only figures which vary enormously at idle ...

You are a victim of the european use of "," for decimal place rather than the US use of ".".  The file is "comma separated," so you should set your spreadsheet to use "." for decimals and "," as a delimiter when you import the file.  Things will make much more sense after that.

I hope you also have a great holiday season!

13 minutes ago, justgary said:

Vous êtes victime de l'utilisation européenne de "," pour la décimale plutôt que de l'utilisation américaine de ".". Le fichier est "séparé par des virgules", vous devez donc configurer votre feuille de calcul pour utiliser "." pour les décimales et "," comme délimiteur lorsque vous importez le fichier. Les choses prendront beaucoup plus de sens après cela.

J'espère que vous aussi passez de bonnes fêtes de fin d'année !

21122205394326202817721948.jpg

great thank you justgary!
I see the two columns in blue where the values go up and down quickly and a lot with the engine idling ...
- No knock delay
- Injector pulse about 3 ms

Anyone have an opinion?

Your video showed the tachometer jumping around.  How does the CEFI3 RPM data compare to the tachometer?  In other words, is it just the tachometer jumping, or is the RPM really changing that much?

14 minutes ago, justgary said:

Your video showed the tachometer jumping around.  How does the CEFI3 RPM data compare to the tachometer?  In other words, is it just the tachometer jumping, or is the RPM really changing that much?

not just the tachometer.. data shows idle from 590 to 660rpm

7 minutes ago, justgary said:

Je vois. Ce sont les mêmes données qu'avant. Je l'ai déjà. Je vais regarder à nouveau.

ok thank so much 

14 hours ago, justgary said:

I see.  That is your same data from before.  I already have it.  I'll look at at again.

Hello justgary, here are the data I recorded yesterday... if you don’t see anything that may be the problem I send ecm to burnmefi.. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rm38r3xvi1b8ml/DLOG-Save-2021déc.22-161503-No.csv?dl=0

15 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

J'espère que le lien (adresse de stockage) fonctionne pour vous.. 

21122404384226202817724196.jpg

hello and happy holidays to you all !!
today i performed the test circled in red and i have no continuity ... normally should have continuity i think?
Although I had already changed to another EST delco to try ..
I will change the pickup coil

7 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

hello and happy holidays to you all !!
today i performed the test circled in red and i have no continuity ... normally should have continuity i think?
Although I had already changed to another EST delco to try ..
I will change the pickup coil

No. The meter you have circled (1) is the one that should read open circuit. The other one (2) shows the one that should be 500-1500 Ohms. Resistance measurement from either pin to distributor ground/metal base should be open circuit.

For test 2: Make sure your meter is set to measure the resistance between the two wires/pins correctly. According to the manual is is supposed to be 500-1500 Ohms, not low resistance continuity.

Edited by GaryDoug
On 24/12/2021 at 22:44, GaryDoug said:

Non. Le compteur que vous avez encerclé (1) est celui qui doit indiquer un circuit ouvert. L'autre (2) montre celui qui devrait être de 500-1500 Ohms. La mesure de la résistance de l'une des broches à la terre du distributeur/à la base métallique doit être en circuit ouvert.

Pour le test 2 : Assurez-vous que votre compteur est réglé pour mesurer correctement la résistance entre les deux fils/broches. Selon le manuel, il est censé être de 500 à 1500 ohms, pas de continuité à faible résistance.

Ok thanks so my capture coil is OK I have about 600 ohm and open to mass... so the ECM will go to burnmefi...
I haven’t heard from the calculator if anyone saw any glaring errors.. 

14 minutes ago, justgary said:

Très occupé à cette période de l'année. Je n'y suis pas encore revenu.

yes I understand that this period is complicated!! but thank you already for all your help!! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/12/2021 at 18:20, Charlotte2 said:

oui je comprends que cette période est compliquée !! mais merci déjà pour toute votre aide !! 

hello everyone and I wish you a happy new year!! and good health!!
for me this starts not very well I sent my ECM to MEFI BURN at [email protected]

Unfortunately I had no news from anyone, no response to my emails..
Does anyone know if they’re closed or on vacation?
I tried to call but only the answering machine, and luckily because I don’t speak American.. 😂
No jokes I’m worried about not having my ECM
Thank you 

22 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

hello everyone and I wish you a happy new year!! and good health!!
for me this starts not very well I sent my ECM to MEFI BURN at [email protected]

Unfortunately I had no news from anyone, no response to my emails..
Does anyone know if they’re closed or on vacation?
I tried to call but only the answering machine, and luckily because I don’t speak American.. 😂
No jokes I’m worried about not having my ECM
Thank you 

Perhaps the ECM hasn't even arrived yet.  Send me your info (name the repair is under) and I will call them and see what I can find out.

16 minutes ago, formulaben said:

Peut-être que l'ECM n'est même pas encore arrivé. Envoyez-moi vos informations (nom sous lequel se trouve la réparation) et je les appellerai et verrai ce que je peux trouver.

I thank you very much but I just got a message they tried today the ECM.... and they tell me that everything is working well.. then that’s it I’m at a dead end.. anyway thank you so much for your help!! 

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone.

ecm is ok....I'm back after several weeks where I don't have time to tinker...I mounted 23lb incteurts and the engine works much better...I'm not in water so just test on the trailer with hose water...I will tell you during the water tests..
The injectors are 23lb ractronix but they had to be machined and added a seal at the base to catch up with the height...no leaks...

Otherwise I would like to know if anyone knows how to adjust the trottle stop screw because by cleaning the assembly it has been modified...I read later that the adjustment should not be touched because it is factory-made so that IAC and position sensor are in good coherence...
I settled it as I could but I like to do things the way they should be done!!

Thank you for your answers!

22 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

Hello everyone.

ecm is ok....I'm back after several weeks where I don't have time to tinker...I mounted 23lb incteurts and the engine works much better...I'm not in water so just test on the trailer with hose water...I will tell you during the water tests..
The injectors are 23lb ractronix but they had to be machined and added a seal at the base to catch up with the height...no leaks...

Otherwise I would like to know if anyone knows how to adjust the trottle stop screw because by cleaning the assembly it has been modified...I read later that the adjustment should not be touched because it is factory-made so that IAC and position sensor are in good coherence...
I settled it as I could but I like to do things the way they should be done!!

Thank you for your answers!

@csleaver probably can answer from the book, but I have had good luck with simply turning the throttle stop screw until the engine idles at 650 RPM.

I am glad to hear that your injectors are finally working.

1 hour ago, justgary said:

@csleaverJe peux probablement répondre à partir du livre, mais j'ai eu de la chance en tournant simplement la vis d'arrêt des gaz jusqu'à ce que le moteur tourne au ralenti à 650 tr/min.

Je suis ravi d'apprendre que vos injecteurs fonctionnent enfin.

Hello! Yes thank you it works well...the only problem now is this intake flap...when I open or close with the stop screw it stays constantly at 650 turns because the IAC valve does its job but with this bad setting it tends to stall before arriving at its temperature...