Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pressure fuel indmar mpi year 2000

Charlotte2

1 hour ago, Charlotte2 said:

spacer.png

I’m desperate the candles are new it have 1h of operation.. I don’t know where to look anymore .. Maybe the ECU is out of service...but how to know.

What gap do your have your plugs set to?  I believe that 0.045" (1.143mm) is the correct value.

8 minutes ago, justgary said:

Sur quel écart vos prises sont-elles réglées ? Je pense que 0,045" (1,143 mm) est la valeur correcte.

yes I have 1,1mm

4 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

spacer.png

Voici ce que j'ai vu ce matin avec le logiciel MEFI3 sur mon calculateur Delphi CEFI3
il y a des choses qui sont étranges. Le régime, la température, l'ouverture du TPS... ça a l'air OK
Par contre c'est écrit :

_(-40°) sur le boitier MANIFOIL AIR TEMP
- La position réelle de l'IAC fonctionne même si je débranche l'IAC
- le valeurs d'huile trop basses, pression etc dans les cases vertes ne semblent pas bonnes par rapport à mon indication du tableau de bord et mon niveau est ok dans le moteur.
- le temps d'injection est supérieur à 2 ms... est-ce normal ?

Sinon, quelqu'un peut-il me garantir que mes injecteurs remplacés sont dans la bonne configuration ? J'ai pris conseil sur ce forum et pris des injecteurs FJ164 rockauto ??
certains m'ont dit que le débit est trop élevé...

Merci les amis

I’m sorry I’m asking a lot of questions because for two years I haven’t found the problem with this gasoline-rich engine...
On the board have can see: injector pulse windth 2.62 ms for 650 rpm Does this look normal to you with FJ164 injectors that should be 24.5 lbs??
Or maybe former owner got richer programming for ethanol?
I’m looking for any leads...

Thanks @Justgary for the documents The MEFI CEMI 1to4 is almost similar to MEFI4 that I already have

5 minutes ago, justgary said:

L'ancien propriétaire utilisait-il de l'éthanol pur ?

I don’t know at all I no longer have contact.. but seeing the MS value of injection time can be very high.. I’m looking for guesses!

If I read this report correctly, I would expect that an engine would run lean on gasoline if it were previously tuned for ethanol.  The reasons are that ethanol actually sprays more through an injector than gasoline, and ethanol only needs 9:1 fuel:air compared to 14.5:1 for gasoline.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214157X16300703

I do not pretend to know how to program the ECM. But here is a sample log file of my boat engine (5.7 Mercruiser while at the dock. The file starts before the engine is started, then reads the parameters at idle of about 610 RPM. There are some increases in the throttle and rpm later on but no actual use in gear. I notice that the injector p/w is about 1.77 ms. It is using non-ethanol fuel if that matters. YOU may want to run a log file since that can show the readings over time. Keep in mind the necessary change I noted above about changing the "," to a ".". on your pc. Otherwise the program you use will not show the data correctly (Excel, Calc, Wordpad, etc...).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0zw5r6fjus6m6v3/DLOG-Save-2019Aug03-141533-No.csv/file

file

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

Je ne prétends pas savoir programmer l'ECM. Mais voici un exemple de fichier journal de mon moteur de bateau (5.7 Mercruiser à quai. Le fichier démarre avant que le moteur ne démarre, puis lit les paramètres au ralenti d'environ 610 tr/min. Il y a quelques augmentations de l'accélérateur et du régime plus tard mais pas d'utilisation réelle dans la vitesse. Je remarque que l'injecteur p/w est d'environ 1,77 ms. Il utilise du carburant sans éthanol si cela compte. VOUS voudrez peut-être exécuter un fichier journal car cela peut afficher les lectures au fil du temps. faites attention au changement nécessaire que j'ai noté ci-dessus concernant le changement du "," en un ".". sur votre PC. Sinon, le programme que vous utilisez n'affichera pas les données correctement (Excel, Calc, Wordpad, etc...).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0zw5r6fjus6m6v3/DLOG-Save-2019Aug03-141533-No.csv/file

déposer

Okay I see...I think my opening time is way too long...maybe for that mix too rich...
Can you tell me how to put my PC in nonsemicolon mode?
How to make a recording like you on the software?

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, justgary said:

Prise @GaryDoug's 1,77 mS à 610 RPM et l'adapter à votre moteur Hammerhead (6,2 L) donne environ 1,93 mS. Étant donné que votre ralenti est plus élevé, vous pouvez vous attendre à un peu plus. 2,6 mS peut être un peu élevé.

Mine is a 5.7l, not 6.2l.

39 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

Can you tell me how to put my PC in nonsemicolon mode?
How to make a recording like you on the software?

Not semicolon, you change the separator for decimal numbers from a comma to a dot.

https://resrequest.helpspot.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=279

Or: file

After running the engine for the length of time you want, click on the blue "Save Scan to Log File" button. The file will be in the same folder as the mefi3.exe file and will have the time and date in the filename. It can be viewed by any text file viewer or any spreadsheet program (better).

Edited by GaryDoug
24 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

Mine is a 5.7l, not 6.2l.

Sorry.

So now we are back to figuring out why your engine is running rich... the ECM is calculating the value based on sensor inputs.

I notice that the F29 Lookup and the F1 Lookup are different from mine. I do not know exactly what those are but I guess those are the tables that list the pulse widths for the base injector value and the spark advance value.

18 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

I notice that the F29 Lookup and the F1 Lookup are different from mine. I do not know exactly what those are but I guess those are the tables that list the pulse widths for the base injector value and the spark advance value.

That's my guess as well.

I wonder if the ECM was replaced with one programmed for a big block?  That would put the fuel in the range @Charlotte2 is seeing.

27 minutes ago, justgary said:

C'est aussi ma supposition.

Je me demande si l'ECM a été remplacé par un programmé pour un gros bloc ? Cela mettrait le carburant dans la gamme@Charlotte2 en train de voir.

actually it’s possible...how do I check that? with the serial numbers maybe?? know?

5 hours ago, justgary said:

We could ask @UWSkier what calibration ID his ECM reports.  Yours says B93C.

I have one of Matt's log files from his MEFI3 and it has 393c for the CAL ID# (one bit difference). Mine is 3939 (3 bits difference) and I have TBI, not TPI (injection type).

Edited by GaryDoug

@Charlotte2, please try setting your idle down using the screw on the throttle body.  Take it to 600 RPM (if you can) and test it for a while, then set it back to 650.  Basically, I just want to know that closing the butterfly a little more is possible, and that the IAC will correctly control the idle.  The idle screw may be a small set screw, but it has one.  Log the data while you are testing.

17 hours ago, GaryDoug said:

Pas de point-virgule, vous changez le séparateur des nombres décimaux d'une virgule à un point.

https://resrequest.helpspot.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=279

Ou: déposer

Après avoir fait tourner le moteur pendant la durée souhaitée, cliquez sur le bouton bleu « Enregistrer la numérisation dans le fichier journal ». Le fichier sera dans le même dossier que le fichier mefi3.exe et aura l'heure et la date dans le nom du fichier. Il peut être visualisé par n'importe quel visualiseur de fichiers texte ou n'importe quel tableur (mieux).

Hello, I did everything you told me and I think it worked...I email you the complete file because I do not know how to put it on the forum... The second is what requested justgary@ (complete closure of the intake box with the screw loosened completely).
Thank you good reception

Here are the 3 files, the first two in response to justgary and a third that is the result of using E85 fuel

https://www.mediafire.com/file/r3g2sieme8fjdfa/DLOG-Save-2021nov.24-124201-No.csv/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p8d6ayjjr158n33/DLOG-Save-2021nov.24-130037-No.csv/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gemsv9jsvv4455g/DLOG-Save-2021nov.24-133424-No.csv/file

The time of the scan is in the filename after the date, i.e. 12:42:01

The IAC valve seems to be working

Edited by GaryDoug