Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pressure fuel indmar mpi year 2000

Charlotte2

3 minutes ago, justgary said:

Autant que je sache, Indmar n'a jamais utilisé MEFI3. Ils sont passés directement de MEFI2 à MEFI4.

Votre câble fonctionne maintenant ?

Yes, thank you very much. So I don’t know why with your MEFI3 software it works...just I don’t have a "erase defects" button to check if they are still current?

1 minute ago, Charlotte2 said:

Oui, merci beaucoup. Donc je ne sais pas pourquoi avec votre logiciel MEFI3 ça marche...juste je n'ai pas de bouton "effacer les défauts" pour vérifier s'ils sont toujours d'actualité ?

I told myself that may not be original on the boat but the hours correspond to the dashboard dial

1 minute ago, Charlotte2 said:

Yes, thank you very much. So I don’t know why with your MEFI3 software it works...just I don’t have a "erase defects" button to check if they are still current?

If you don't use the correct version of software, you cannot trust anything you see.  I doubt you have any codes set.

5 minutes ago, justgary said:

Si vous n'utilisez pas la bonne version du logiciel, vous ne pouvez pas faire confiance à tout ce que vous voyez. Je doute que vous ayez des codes définis.

the software MEFI 2 and 4 does not work ...tomorrow I disassembled ECU to have the exact reference.... in the photos have seen that the oil pressure is low and indeed since two years I proceed the boat when the engine is hot the gauge on the dashboard moves much in idle.
The values that are indicated seem not so bad to me...I would have to be able to clear the defects and restart the engine to see if the defect appears...

The data look correct with the engine running (RPM, temperature, etc.)?

Verify that you bought the 5V version of USB converter rather than the 3.3V version.  3.3 volts does not work correctly.

6 minutes ago, justgary said:

Les données semblent correctes avec le moteur en marche (RPM, température, etc.) ?

Vérifiez que vous avez acheté la version 5V du convertisseur USB plutôt que la version 3,3V. 3,3 volts ne fonctionne pas correctement.

yes here is the description of the usb cable.

me having weld diode 1N4001 (1AB 50V) on orange color wire TXD

Compatible with TTl-232r-5v-we
USB adapter cable UART TTL + 5 V, end of the wire.
USB 2.0 UART TTL adapter cable + 5 V logic level for flashing.
cable, download cable, cable
6C Color Assignment: Orange-TXD, Yellow-RXD, Black-GND, Red-VCC, Brown-CTS, Green-RTS
FTDI FT232RL USB TTL Cable
Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, Android, Mac, Linux, Win CE.

Here it’s midnight and the boat on the trailer the neighbors won’t love that I start the engine. Tomorrow I start and I monitor the data ...I inform you that I did this and look at the label of the MEFI.
Thank you good evening

I have two 2001 Monsoon's in my family and the MEFI3 software works great on both.  I think the difference between MEFI2 and 3 from a signaling and data perspective are minimal.

@Charlotte2 you don't reset the DTCs with the software.  You do that with the engine off by the key on.  Place the ECM into maintenance mode by jumpering A and B together, then advance throttle to 100% then back to 0%.  Then turn off ignition and remove jumper. DTC should go away.

21 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

I have two 2001 Monsoon's in my family and the MEFI3 software works great on both.  I think the difference between MEFI2 and 3 from a signaling and data perspective are minimal.

@Charlotte2 you don't reset the DTCs with the software.  You do that with the engine off by the key on.  Place the ECM into maintenance mode by jumpering A and B together, then advance throttle to 100% then back to 0%.  Then turn off ignition and remove jumper. DTC should go away.

Thank you for verifying that the MEFI3 software works for you.

@Charlotte2, you can disconnect the MAP sensor to see if it sets the proper code.  You can also try the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).  If you get correct codes for those in addition to RPM and temperature, you may be in business.

By the way, if your Code 14 is correct, that means your coolant sensor (or its wiring) is not working properly.  The ECM thinks the engine is cold, and it will inject a lot more fuel than it needs to run.  This would definitely cause your problem.

Also, the L in the trouble code indicates it is a logged code. That means it is not current and may be very old, possibly since the last time the battery was disconnected. If it was a current fault, it would have the 14 without the L . It is possible to have both (14, 14L). Some codes are set as the engine cranks; not necessary to have the engine running for code 14.

By the way, I wrote this app. The clear codes feature was not added to this app yet.

Edited by GaryDoug
2 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

Also, the L in the trouble code indicates it is a logged code. That means it is not current and may be very old, possible since the last time the battery was disconnected. If it was a currct fault, it wouold have the 14 without the L .

By the way, I wrote this app. The clear codes feature was not added to this app yet.

Welcome back.  Thanks for your work on the software, by the way.

From one version of the MEFI4 service manual, here are the trouble codes:

DTC 13 Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Inactive ........ Page 102
DTC 13 Heated Oxygen Sensor 2 Inactive ........ Page 106
DTC 14 ECT Sensor Circuit Low....................... Page 110
DTC 15 ECT Sensor Circuit High ...................... Page 112
DTC 21 TP Sensor Circuit High ........................ Page 114
DTC 22 TP Sensor Circuit Low ......................... Page 116
DTC 23 IAT Sensor Circuit Low ........................ Page 118
DTC 24 VSS Sensor Circuit ............................. Page 120
DTC 25 IAT Sensor Circuit High ........................ Page 122
DTC 33 MAP Sensor Circuit High ..................... Page 124
DTC 34 MAP Sensor Circuit Low...................... Page 126
DTC 41 IC Circuit - Open IC.............................. Page 128
DTC 42 IC Circuit - Grounded IC Open or
Grounded Bypass Scan ................................... Page 130
DTC 44 Knock Sensor 1 System...................... Page 134
DTC 44 Knock Sensor 2 System...................... Page 136
DTC 51 Calibration Checksum Failure .............. Page 138
DTC 54 Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Low ............. Page 140
DTC 54 Heated Oxygen Sensor 2 Low ............. Page 142
DTC 55 Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 High ............ Page 144
DTC 55 Heated Oxygen Sensor 2 High ............ Page 146
DTC 81 Fuel Pump Relay Driver Circuit ............ Page 148
DTC 81 Fuel Injector Driver A Circuit ................. Page 152
DTC 81 Fuel Injector Driver B Circuit ................ Page 156
DTC 81 5 Volt Reference Out Of Range ............ Page 160

55 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

No, MEFI1, MEFi2, MEFI3, and MEFI4 are all very different in scanning. Only one program will work on a given ECM.

Removing power from the ECM will erase all codes also. But that may take up to 30 minutes worst case.

Edited by GaryDoug
19 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

No, MEFI1, MEFi2, MEFI3, and MEFI4 are all very different in scanning. Only one program will work on a given ECM.

Removing power from the ECM will erase all codes also. But that may take up to 30 minutes worst case.

weird.  My boat is supposed to have MEFI2, but that software never worked for me.  MEFI3 worked well.

3 hours ago, UWSkier said:

weird.  My boat is supposed to have MEFI2, but that software never worked for me.  MEFI3 worked well.

Well, then I am 99% sure you have an MEFI3 ECM. They have very different data.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, GaryDoug said:

Eh bien, je suis sûr à 99% que vous avez un ECM MEFI3. Ils ont des données très différentes.

Hello everyone ... I have dismantled my module ... so it is not a mefi 1,2,3 OR 4 but it is a CEFI .... delphi 16237019 below the bar code 867019KA00005989 Can you tell me other things? Original? can cause stable idle problem ?? etc ... Thank you

spacer.png

Here’s what I saw this morning with the MEFI3 software on my Delphi CEFI3 ECU
there are things that are strange. The rpm, the temperature, the opening of the TPS...it seems OK
On the other hand, it says:

_(-40°) on the MANIFOIL AIR TEMP box
- IAC actual position works even if I unplug the IAC
- the oil values too low, pressure etc in the green boxes does not seem good compared to my dashboard indication and my level is ok in the engine.
- injection time is more than 2ms...is this normal?

If not, can anyone guarantee me that my replaced injectors are in the right configuration? I took advice on this forum and took FJ164 rockauto injectors??
some have told me that the flow is too high...

Thanks friends

2 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

Hello everyone ... I have dismantled my module ... so it is not a mefi 1,2,3 OR 4 but it is a CEFI .... delphi 16237019 below the bar code 867019KA00005989 Can you tell me other things? Original? can cause stable idle problem ?? etc ... Thank you

I have heard that Indmar used CEFI for some engines.  It should be original.

Also, I think that the FJ164 injectors should have the same flow rate as the OEM injectors.

6 minutes ago, justgary said:

De plus, je pense qu'Indmar n'a utilisé le capteur de température de l'air que sur les moteurs à gros blocs, vous n'avez donc pas ce capteur.

Yes indeed I agree with you...however I spend the day doing tests and checking ohm tension everywhere but the engine always turns like a balance wheel...it vibrates the floor of the boat...not the same thing on other boat with V8 of the same year about...not at all round...with smell of exhaust gasoline.. not only in slow motion.... even at 3000 rpm...
The only point observed is temperature differences on the water probe.... I attach you photo...I will change it

2 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

Oui effectivement je suis d'accord avec toi...par contre je passe la journée à faire des tests et vérifier la tension des ohms partout mais le moteur tourne toujours comme un balancier...ça fait vibrer le plancher du bateau...pas la même chose sur d'autre bateau avec V8 de la même année environ...pas du tout rond...avec odeur d'essence d'échappement..pas seulement au ralenti....même à 3000 tr/min...
Le seul point observé est les écarts de température sur l'eau sonde.... je vous joins une photo... je vais la changer

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Charlotte2 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m desperate the candles are new it have 1h of operation.. I don’t know where to look anymore .. Maybe the ECU is out of service...but how to know.