Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX pricing????

Bawshogg

I have been fairly interested in the new VTX. I am seriously looking into purchasing one. I currenntl have an 05, and I am trying to find what these are going for. MSRP on the site is $51,600 sans trailer. I am looking for a resonable cost estimate for one optioned as such: bow ballast, manual wedge, stainless tips, monsoon, 2 outlet heater, fiberglass platform , sony deck and 4 speaks, bimini, cover and a tandem axle trailer. I have tried a few dealers locally , But fom what I hear this boat is in high demand right now and I am having a hard time getting good price info.

I know someone from the crew will give a sraight up answer. Thanks

Why not pose this question to your dealer?

I did, I got a price. I am not sure if what they gave me is competitive or not, being that this is a new boat, and nothing to really base the price from except what they told me. I should say I don't exactly trust everything someone:i.e. sales people tell me. I am trying to find out what the market allows for these in other areas. My history with this dealer has not been the greatest in the past, so I am trying to feel it out. Would you just pay whatever they told you was the price was if you wanted it?

I have been fairly interested in the new VTX. I am seriously looking into purchasing one. I currenntl have an 05, and I am trying to find what these are going for. MSRP on the site is $51,600 sans trailer. I am looking for a resonable cost estimate for one optioned as such: bow ballast, manual wedge, stainless tips, monsoon, 2 outlet heater, fiberglass platform , sony deck and 4 speaks, bimini, cover and a tandem axle trailer. I have tried a few dealers locally , But fom what I hear this boat is in high demand right now and I am having a hard time getting good price info.

I know someone from the crew will give a sraight up answer. Thanks

Ok, REALLY rough:

trailer 4500

wedge 1000 (?)

tips 200

monsoon 1000

heater 500

platform 200

stereo 1200

bimini 600

cover 600

heated seat (you'll love it) 250

ballast? I have no idea

$61650

less 10%

$55,485 plus ballast

Which puts you:

I have heard mid to high 50's with what your looking for, but don't quote me. Lightning.gif

Vin's pricing looks about right to me. Mid & rear ballast on that boat is included, the bow tank should be around $500.

Some other options to consider:

~ Racks (price depends on how many & what you want)

~ Cover (also depends on what you want)

~ Depth finder (no, it isn't stock) - $300-400

~ Pull up cleats - $100/per pair (you'll want these, on vdrives with the Illusion there is no good place to tie fenders off)

~ Pivot hitch on the trailer - $300

~ Spare tire rack on the trailer - $200

Bimini for the Illusion is around $700, if you want the Titan then you have to figure the cost upgrade for that as well since it isn't the stock tower anymore (I think that runs around $800, more for the polished stainless). I'd figure high 50's by the time you get all of the little stuff added in.

Vin's pricing looks about right to me. Mid & rear ballast on that boat is included, the bow tank should be around $500.

Some other options to consider:

~ Racks (price depends on how many & what you want)

~ Cover (also depends on what you want)

~ Depth finder (no, it isn't stock) - $300-400

~ Pull up cleats - $100/per pair (you'll want these, on vdrives with the Illusion there is no good place to tie fenders off)

~ Pivot hitch on the trailer - $300

~ Spare tire rack on the trailer - $200

Bimini for the Illusion is around $700, if you want the Titan then you have to figure the cost upgrade for that as well since it isn't the stock tower anymore (I think that runs around $800, more for the polished stainless). I'd figure high 50's by the time you get all of the little stuff added in.

That's the info I was looing for. I really didn't consider how fast all the small extras that I considered "must haves" add up so quickly. After recieving the price quote I initally thought , HMMM.... . But now really laying it all out puts it more into perspective. I am fairly shocked at how quickly these boat prices go up. I bought my pretty decked out xti 2 years ago for about $12,000 less than what I am looking for now. I am very appreciative for the knowlege available on this site!

That's the info I was looing for. I really didn't consider how fast all the small extras that I considered "must haves" add up so quickly. After recieving the price quote I initally thought , HMMM.... . But now really laying it all out puts it more into perspective. I am fairly shocked at how quickly these boat prices go up. I bought my pretty decked out xti 2 years ago for about $12,000 less than what I am looking for now. I am very appreciative for the knowlege available on this site!

Yup, it can add up in a big hurry. I'm looking at that & feeling very good about what I paid for my '06 VLX sitting in the garage. But I guess you can say that every year, right? Crazy.gif

Waterski America had a georgous VTX very nicely equipped at the Fort Worth boat show. I am pretty sure they said they were asking 54k, but I am not positive. It made me think twice about getting a v-drive, but I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the RLxi when I finally pull the trigger.