Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help!!!!

68Slalom

tower folded down. We are getting into a new house and the garage hieight is only 77", can I get this in with the tower down and the trailer tongue as close as possible to the ground. The boat is at the service dept. and I can't get an answer from them at this moment.

Maybe someone has already been through this........

Any help would be very much appreciated, Quickly because I need to tell them if we are moving in and that is the only thing holding me up right now.....

Thank you

Edited by 68Slalom
I have an 06 21 XTi on a standarad Extreme trailer (they do make a low profile version) and it's 85". It's about 80" just to the top of the windshield.

I have the same boat with the Illusion tower, so you are saying the tower is higher than the windshield?

tower folded down. We are getting into a new house and the garage hieight is only 77", can I get this in with the tower down and the trailer tongue as close as possible to the ground. The boat is at the service dept. and I can't get an answer from them at this moment.

Maybe someone has already been through this........

Any help would be very much appreciated, Quickly because I need to tell them if we are moving in and that is the only thing holding me up right now.....

Thank you

I have the Illusion tower 06' model, extreme trailer.

Yes, the tower rises above the windshield around 4-5". I have an 8' door, so it's not a problem for me. I do have buddies that deflate tires and lower the tongue to fit it in a 7' door. Other friends have gotten lower profile trailer tires that helped. The stock set up won't fit though, but with some craftiness, it is possible.

Yes, the tower rises above the windshield around 4-5". I have an 8' door, so it's not a problem for me. I do have buddies that deflate tires and lower the tongue to fit it in a 7' door. Other friends have gotten lower profile trailer tires that helped. The stock set up won't fit though, but with some craftiness, it is possible.

I have a Ride XTI with Extreme trailer, 7' garage door.

Am able to back halfway in, lower the tower, take off the metcraft swing racks, unhook from truck, then lower the tongue down and push it in the garage with about 1/2" of clearance on the top. Not optimal, but in the garage.

I have 06 VLX on a boatmate trailer and mine fits in through 7'7" door. Some folks recomend getting a lower drop hitch which pulls that front end down a bit and will get you in there.

I have 06 VLX on a boatmate trailer and mine fits in through 7'7" door. Some folks recomend getting a lower drop hitch which pulls that front end down a bit and will get you in there.

Yup,I have a 13" op hitch that I put on the truck to put the boat in the garage.My dooris seven feet and it works ok.