Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Discovery Channel Stunt Junkies

Lakenut

Just got finished watching Stunt Junkies on Discovery. Scott Ellis jumped over 18 moored DDs. Anyone else see this episode? They had some cool video from a camera attached to the end loop of the handle as well as some other footage from a helmet cam.

All of the boats he jumped were MC and CCs. The perfect use for such brands Crazy.gif

You guys have probably all seen it already and I am behind. If not you might want to check and see when it airs again.

Just got finished watching Stunt Junkies on Discovery. Scott Ellis jumped over 18 moored DDs. Anyone else see this episode? They had some cool video from a camera attached to the end loop of the handle as well as some other footage from a helmet cam.

All of the boats he jumped were MC and CCs. The perfect use for such brands Crazy.gif

You guys have probably all seen it already and I am behind. If not you might want to check and see when it airs again.

I think that one was new....

On an upcoming episode they have a wakeboarder (forgot who it is) gapping the big fountain in downtown orlando...

On an upcoming episode they have a wakeboarder (forgot who it is) gapping the big fountain in downtown orlando...

J.D. Webb....it's suppose to be pretty cool.

Just got finished watching Stunt Junkies on Discovery. Scott Ellis jumped over 18 moored DDs.

Water Ski Launch

That rocks. Love the helmet cam.

Jumping kind of seems like a thing of the past..almost never discussed on the Crew.

I just caught the end of the show--pretty neat, and I thought I saw a 'Bu stuck in there for good measure!

Anyone know how far he jumped?

Just got finished watching Stunt Junkies on Discovery. Scott Ellis jumped over 18 moored DDs.

Water Ski Launch

That rocks. Love the helmet cam.

Jumping kind of seems like a thing of the past..almost never discussed on the Crew.

Cry.gif That's a shame, because jump is a great event. Jumpers get hairy. It's excitring when they kick a great jump, but, like in nascar, the crashes are a croud pleaser too. And there's nothing quite like hitting the ramp late and out of shape, ofc, counting the dock twice (as you helicoppter without the rope), and waking up on the swim step 20 minutes later. It was my favorite event by far.

J.D. Webb....it's suppose to be pretty cool.

He's doing it for the 50th Anniverary of Orlando. I will have to pull up the article in wakeboarder mag.

video of the jump

I did see Stunt Junkies on Discovery with the barefooters. chick in the guys arms relaxing, one guys holding on to the other with only one foot on the water. How fast would you have to be going for some thing like this?

That is a pretty cool (and sometimes disturbing) show. I saw the one where the dude went down the huge ramp and rode a rail out over the Grand Canyon on a skateboard into a basejump while his little 2 or 3 year old daughter watched. I kept thinking, "man, this guy is an idiot." The one with the kiteboard over the island was pretty cool too.

I just caught the end of the show--pretty neat, and I thought I saw a 'Bu stuck in there for good measure!

Anyone know how far he jumped?

the video said about 200 ft.

i dont watch this ever so how far do they normaly go in compitition

C'mon - he didn't even really jump "over" the boats. It was more like he jumped "alongside" them.

Yeah, I'm sure it was risk free. Just ask Geoff Carrington, who attempted a similar stunt at Sea World Aus. in 1991 (approx.). His pb was neighborhood 205 feet and he was jumping over about 170 feet of boats for the stunt. He made the jump in pratice twice (as I recall), and then, when he was on the dock with cameras rolling for the real deal, the sponsors switched boats from (i think) a nautique to an i/o for some artistic reason. Word was he was pissed, but said "let's do it." He didn't make it, and ended up as a parapalegic. It broke my heart when I heard the news.