Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question about my Bimini/BigPole set up

BigJerDog

Hey Crew. I have a 88 skier and a 7 foot Big Pole on it at the moment. For christmas I got a bat rack for the Pole and my next purchase before spring is to get a Bimini top. My question is whether or not all of these contraptions are going to fit on the big pole. Before I spend 500 on my bimini. I want to know if it will be functional. Does any one have or has had a similar set up in the past they can float me some knowledge? Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Sure, you can make them all work together, but what you'll probably have to do (and what most do in this situation) is modify the bimini with an opening for the pylon extension. You can have a canvas shop sew in some extra material with velcro around the perimeter so you can close off the opening when you're not using it.

I wouldn't skimp on the opening either.

My skylon travels a bit from side-to-side when being pulled around by a wakeboarder...

wouldn't want that additonal stress on the Bimini canvas.

Put the word out that you are looking for a good used one I had one for a year that was ready to go with opening etc.