Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Sunsetter?

Henken

I know iv'e been away for awhile and a little out of the loop, But Holy crap!!!! what happened to the sunsetter for 2007? Is it a thing of the past? Am I missing something? :(

Yep, the Sunsetter line is no more for 2007. The RLXi was simply too competitive for the new Sunsetter LXi, so it doesn't make sense to have both of them in the line. The 21 XTi and 23 XTi are essentially still available in the Wakesetter range, so having the Sunsetter versions just complicated and bloated the line up.

Yep, the Sunsetter line is no more for 2007. The RLXi was simply too competitive for the new Sunsetter LXi, so it doesn't make sense to have both of them in the line. The 21 XTi and 23 XTi are essentially still available in the Wakesetter range, so having the Sunsetter versions just complicated and bloated the line up.

Just to expand on that, since you can order just about any Wake hull boat on a Diamond hull (with the exception of the Ride series), the Sunsetter series is pretty much all there except for the LXI. I saw the numbers of how many SLXIs they sold in '05 & '06 & it's a ridiculously small number. It made no sense from a numbers standpoint to keep that boat around, particularly with the redesign of the RLXI.

Spending most of the week at the portland boat show I had a chance to spend a lot of time looking at all the boats, and we decided that the boat we will probably order soon is the 23 xti, not knowing that there was not a sunsetter anymore I asked the salesman at bridge city to explain the difference between packages, hulls, etc....(sunsetter vs. wakesetter). He explained everything and we decided that the sunsetter best suits are needs as we dont really care about ballast, wedge, and the wakesetter hull, also being a Samson dealers we want to put our own tower on it anyways. So after a long discusion he said it will actually cost us more to remove the tower from a wakesetter than to just not add it to the sunsetter...

So then I get home and get online to look at the sunsetter 23xti that he is going to price out and get to me today..... and find out the boat does not even exsist?? What do you guys think he is up to, does he not know there is not a sunsetter?? or do you think he is going to strip down a wakesetter? Either way you would think that the salesman would not spend an hour trying to sell me on a model that they dont make anymore? Crazy.gif

So then I get home and get online to look at the sunsetter 23xti that he is going to price out and get to me today..... and find out the boat does not even exsist?? What do you guys think he is up to, does he not know there is not a sunsetter?? or do you think he is going to strip down a wakesetter? Either way you would think that the salesman would not spend an hour trying to sell me on a model that they dont make anymore? Crazy.gif

I think you just have to chalk it up to dealer ignorance (not the first time I've witnessed this phenomenon). One time, the former St. Louis dealer tried to tell me I had "The kind of wedge that stays down all the time."

If you can get away with it, I'd try to go through a different dealer. If they haven't even done enough home work to know what boats are in the line up, imagine how potentially poor the service department could be.

While they do build quality boats, my experience is that Malibu needs to do a better job keeping their dealers up to snuff.