Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response LXI Tow Vehicle

jjackkrash

Ahhh, let me guess...too paranoid to use PayPal®, and now you've sent Tracie a check, no, a money order, that is so sketchy looking (with no name or address, mailed in an unmarked envelope with no return address, mailed from out of town) that she's got your account on hold until she's sure the money order is good and she won't have to trace it. Do I have it about right, Tommy? :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• HRemington

• M3Fan

• jjackkrash

Ahhh, let me guess...too paranoid to use PayPal®, and now you've sent Tracie a check, no, a money order, that is so sketchy looking (with no name or address, mailed in an unmarked envelope with no return address, mailed from out of town) that she's got your account on hold until she's sure the money order is good and she won't have to trace it. Do I have it about right, Tommy? :)
:lol: Nailed it! :lol: Pony up the dough, squeaky. Tease2.gif

I tow with a V8 4R and am very pleased. I use it as my day to day commuting vehicle in Atlanta. It's small enough to manuever in the city and park in the office parking deck. It's got the power to tow my boat from our cabin's garage to the lake in N. Ga which has steep hills.

I used to have a Dodge Dakota pickup. That sucked for towing. The 4R stops fine, but you have to be very careful when towing a boat. I'm no expert, but with respect to stopping, all things being equal, it seems it should be easier to stop a lighter vehicle with good brakes than a heavier one. I have the tow package for the 4R which I think has better breaking.

Anyway, send me an email (my pm box is full) and I'll share some details with you. I don't have experience with the years you listed, buy I can tell you a bit about my 89 and 99.

OK, Jackie, I've e-mailed you, but am probably sitting in your spam folder or didn't make it through your impenetrable electronic fortress. Let me know.

Thanks for the warning. And your email didn't smell like Spam®, it emanated the stench of old plastic screwdriver handles left in a moisture-laden unused toolbox. Tease2.gif