Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 M220

Hollie2021

Anyone else purchase a 2021 M220?  If so, have you had any issues with it?  

geogilbert

I am at about 50 hours on mine and so far so good. Are you having troubles?

Hollie2021

We have a ballast not draining, a speaker cover broke off and the Bimini top snapped. We have maybe 25 hours on ours and it’s just upsetting.  We are going into our dealer tomorrow to talk to them about the issues. 

geogilbert

Hmm, now that you mention it. My Bimini is super tight. Like a drum. I am seeing stress points on it. 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope the dealer gets you fixed up quick. 

Hollie2021
Posted (edited)

@granddaddy55 nope, we were in the water taking it to the dock.  Running maybe 25-30 and we have done it several times before.  We’ve owned boats before but this was our first Malibu. 

Edited by Hollie2021

25 hours or so of trouble free usage here.  Have a few Malibu gremlins here and there, but those have been cleared by cycling the battery switch. 

chadwick02

Has the dealer attempted and failed to fix these?   Boats like these are bound to have issues - its how they get addressed that turns it into an issue (or not).  Warranties exist for exactly this reason - get it squared away in a timely manor and you'll be good to go.

If its a reoccurring problem (poor design?), or the dealer doesn't take care of it as they should, then there is reason for concern.

Hollie2021

@chadwick02i appreciate your response! We are about to find out in an hour or so when they open.  Fingers crossed they will repair all issues and not have any problems what so ever.  

Brianborder

Best boat I have had to date.  90hours so far with no issues except some small non skid decking peeling up in the corner. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Brianborder said:

Best boat I have had to date.  90hours so far with no issues except some small non skid decking peeling up in the corner. 

Did u test drive any other models before purchasing?if so I would love to know what sold u on the 220?  I’ll be upgrading soon and will prob be between 25lsv , 220 , or possibly ri245.