Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Took out my new ride!!!

johnsvt

Man I can't believe I took my new v-ride out for a mere 10 min. Anyhow, first thing I noticed was one side of the manifold, port side I believe, was not as warm as the other and definately cooled quicker. Should I worry or is this from only running for a couple of minutes. Second I tore down towards the docks and saw I was doing 52.5 mph and 5200RPM...is this possible with my center tank full and just two people or is the speedo way off. BTW-I only have an LCR but the boat definately feels much quicker and more responsive than my 04 Centurion T-5.

Thanks

John

Edited by johnsvt

5200 RPM's...I hope that boats not brand new! I can't help you with your first question, although I think it has been discussed before, but your speedo is off. Next time out check it with a handheld GPS.

It has 10 hours now I always believe in running hard out of the box anyway(once warm) 5200rpm for sbc is nothing, plus it is good for the motor since it is under constant load.

John,

I have been told that the speedo is NOT linear above around mid-20mph or so? Most accurate < 25mph. Someone will likely chime in and confirm, but I think it was a bit optimistic. Maybe Ronnie or WakeGirl can confirm? Seems like one of them told me that.

Scott

It has 10 hours now I always believe in running hard out of the box anyway(once warm) 5200rpm for sbc is nothing, plus it is good for the motor since it is under constant load.

Actually, just setting the cruise and tooling around the lake was cool, even if it was just a short ride. I am really more worried about the speedo being accurate from 18-24 that really is more important. I even think the fisherman were glad to see a wakeboard boat out I think one saluted me.

Edited by johnsvt

If I were you I would delete this thread. If something happens to your engine, Indmar would have cause to void your warranty Cry.gif

If I were you I would delete this thread. If something happens to your engine, Indmar would have cause to void your warranty Cry.gif

Don't tell me there are directions...if there are I am getting leapfrog and learning how to read. I think most dealers would want to help out so you continue to come there and send everyone you know there, because of great service after the sale. I have to laugh at how manufacturers want this slow break in period but when I tested a couple boats every salesman was sure to show me how quick/fast the boat was. Plus, Indmar is the finest manufacturer of marine engines in exsistance...they would absolutely stand up for a faulty engine(is my nose brown yet?)

Edited by johnsvt
You were probably doing more like 42-44ish with a full center tank. The speedo will be pretty close up to around 30ish, then it will get farther & farther off the faster up the line you go.

That is fast enough I am still happy to take it out and the wife thinks there is something wrong with me.

Don't tell me there are directions...if there are I am getting leapfrog and learning how to read. I think most dealers would want to help out so you continue to come there and send everyone you know there, because of great service after the sale. I have to laugh at how manufacturers want this slow break in period but when I tested a couple boats every salesman was sure to show me how quick/fast the boat was. Plus, Indmar is the finest manufacturer of marine engines in exsistance...they would absolutely stand up for a faulty engine(is my nose brown yet?)

You don't have to delete this thread, they will know when they hook your engine up to a computer :lol: Even though I tend to agree with the "break it in like you would use" it philosophy on everything new I still did exactly how I was told for fear of needing warranty work and being turned down cause I broke their rules.

the speedo is not linear. It will be accurate at whatever end you set it, so get a GPS and set it at the speed you use the most. On our boat we set one speedo (using the switch) for speeds below 25, the other for 36.

Tell me about your Vride man, I am looking at getting one. What did you pay? How does it feal?

I bought a 8-9 hr old boat so technically mine is used. Unfortunately I don't think paid what I paid for my boat will help you. However, the major options on this boatwere 2 pair wakeboard racks, wedge, and 2 pair tower speakers w/amp. I was able to find similiar new boats in the low 40's.

I really like the feel of the boat suprisingly good handling and better power than expected with the LCR. I drove an 06 with monsoon and felt my power was very close maybe little less midrange. I liked the v-ride more than similiar boats from centurion, supra, and MC (didn't consider CC I think they are so uggggly.) The v-ride fits my family well I have 4 in my herd and sometime 2-4 friends come along; I don't forsee any problems as I have more storage and room than my 04 centurion T5.

Hope this helps,

John

Had an 06 vride since last summer and no complaints or problems. Great boat and a very good price.

I checked my speed after the break in period when I bought my Vride, and it was off by a couple MPH at top speed. I only got about 45ish mph at top end without any ballast tanks with the standard engine. But I rarely run that speed so I've never checked it since.

I did follow the break in period rules for warranty since I plan to keep the boat for several more years. The dealer in this area definitely told me that if ever there was a major problem with the motor, that Indmar could request the history on the motor which could hamper service under the warranty. Just an FYI. It was a bit of a pain when we first got it, but it went quick.

This was from my manual:

Break-In Steps

1 For the first hour, do not exceed 2000 rpm; vary rpm continuosly.

2 For the second hour, do not exceed 3000 rpm;

3 For the next five hours, no not exceed 4000 rpm.

There was an old thread on this as well

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....break+in+period