Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 LSV Star gazer install


Recommended Posts

I tried searching for a good post to tag on to. I could have sworn I found a post from @Nitrousbird on the subject, but can’t for the life of me find it. 
 

Questions.

1. What are people mounting the servo unit to in this era of boats. The install instructions mention mounting to a cooling hose, but it doesn’t look like there is one in line with the throttle body. 
2. Any recommendations on where to mount the box? Looks like there is enough room under the dash. 
3. The install instructions mention a purple wire and a grey wire for power and RPMs. I’m assuming these are the wires in question? These are just “free” under the dash. Purple with white stripe leads to the ignition and the grey one has two wires coming into the blade connector. 
 

Thanks all trying to prep as much as I can! 

3EBD7B58-25EA-4289-A544-EE01E4E5A749.jpeg

Link to post
1 hour ago, rakr said:

I tried searching for a good post to tag on to. I could have sworn I found a post from @Nitrousbird on the subject, but can’t for the life of me find it. 
 

Questions.

1. What are people mounting the servo unit to in this era of boats. The install instructions mention mounting to a cooling hose, but it doesn’t look like there is one in line with the throttle body. 
2. Any recommendations on where to mount the box? Looks like there is enough room under the dash. 
3. The install instructions mention a purple wire and a grey wire for power and RPMs. I’m assuming these are the wires in question? These are just “free” under the dash. Purple with white stripe leads to the ignition and the grey one has two wires coming into the blade connector. 
 

Thanks all trying to prep as much as I can! 

Those should be the wires you need.  Mount the box where you can, but be careful to not drill through the dash!

The servo unit does not need to be in line with the throttle body; it has a sleeved cable that allows you to place it in a wide variety of positions.  Here's mine after I installed closed cooling:

spacer.png

Link to post

It is looking more straight forward than I would have anticipated. Thanks! 

Link to post
coldwater-echelon

I have a 04’ Sunscape and installed PerfectPass a couple of years ago. If you want pm me your # and I can text any pics. I keep my boat at home so it is accessible. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, coldwater-echelon said:

I have a 04’ Sunscape and installed PerfectPass a couple of years ago. If you want pm me your # and I can text any pics. I keep my boat at home so it is accessible. 

Or you could post your pictures here so we can all see them....

Link to post
6 hours ago, justgary said:

Or you could post your pictures here so we can all see them....

Not sure if he can post pictures. I’ll post with his permission.

Link to post
1 minute ago, rakr said:

Not sure if he can post pictures. I’ll post with his permission.

Anybody who can install Perfect Pass can post pictures....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Posted (edited)

I’m somewhat mechanically inclined, but not super confident with electrical in boats. Instructions from Perfect Pass had a 1 page insert specifically for the 340. I used the two wires noted above and the rest of it was super easy. I initially took out the speedo, based on instructions, but realized I lost my depth and temp readouts. Swapped for the tach and tested today. Works awesome. 
 

Probably 3 hours all in could not be happier. 

Edited by rakr
  • Like 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...