Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

lift versus rails

Lake.OD

Avid reader, rare poster. FYI - I have a 05 LSV. I live outside of Kansas City and have a home on Tablerock Lake. I have two slips there about a mile from my house. I am considering selling the pad and moving to a more isolated part of the lake for obvious reasons. Not bad yet, but starting to really get crowded down here. Not like Cali, but not like it used to be either :( Anyway, I was curious if any of my northern bu lovers have ever used a rail system. I had a friend suggest that I would like this more than a lift. (Tablerock is a federal lake so you must either FIND (good luck) an old two slip license and pay $50,000 for it PLUS the cost of a new dock or be on a community dock. He said these rail systems are very popular in the northern states??? I have never seen one. He said it is like a rail system you pull your boat on and a winch pulls it up the hill and into your garage. I envision building a home close to water and just putting a rail system into the garage on the back of the house. I have found a lot where the federal set back is very close to the water. No more security worry, no more winterize... However, you do lose the fun of the dock, but this is a price I am willing to pay. Has anyone ever seen one of these before? How much do they cost? Do you need a permit to put it on a federal lake? Is this guy crazy? He said he knows of a few on Tablerock and will take me to see them. I think you people will know more.

Thanks in advance for the help. Free riding for the biggest help! ;)

There's a handful of the rail systems in the Baxster area of the lake...White river heading up towards Campbell Pt.

What part of the lake are you located now, and where are you heading to? My slip is in the Aunts Creek area...great during the week, no so on the weekends.

I am also in Aunt's creek. I have a blue and black LSV. I assume you are either a yellow bu or another blue and black bu because those are the only two I have seen parked there. I love pulling to the end of Aunts Creek and getting a nice pull, it is just getting harder and harder to not find people there. I am starting to look down by Big Cedar. I drove down there a few times last year and the water near Arkansas was pretty nice throughout the day. Is the water there any better? How do you think the new Indian Point(?) will affect lake traffic. The lifts in Baxter are exactly the ones I was told about.

I really appriciate any input. Thanks.

Gee edwin, isn't your LXi white black and red? Must not take it out a lot or be a pretty calm boater if you wern't noticed... Innocent.gif

There's a black / blue LSV about half way up the cove on the way to the campground...one of the last slips on the left hand side. The dock probably has 20 stalls or so.

My slip is in a dock across the cove from Aunts Creek resort...

The yellow RLXi you see is 2 Thumbs Up (my brother). My RLXi (black and red) only made it down there a 4 times last year...this coming season will be better.

Avid reader, rare poster. FYI - I have a 05 LSV. I live outside of Kansas City and have a home on Tablerock Lake. I have two slips there about a mile from my house. I am considering selling the pad and moving to a more isolated part of the lake for obvious reasons. Not bad yet, but starting to really get crowded down here. Not like Cali, but not like it used to be either :( Anyway, I was curious if any of my northern bu lovers have ever used a rail system. I had a friend suggest that I would like this more than a lift. (Tablerock is a federal lake so you must either FIND (good luck) an old two slip license and pay $50,000 for it PLUS the cost of a new dock or be on a community dock. He said these rail systems are very popular in the northern states??? I have never seen one. He said it is like a rail system you pull your boat on and a winch pulls it up the hill and into your garage. I envision building a home close to water and just putting a rail system into the garage on the back of the house. I have found a lot where the federal set back is very close to the water. No more security worry, no more winterize... However, you do lose the fun of the dock, but this is a price I am willing to pay. Has anyone ever seen one of these before? How much do they cost? Do you need a permit to put it on a federal lake? Is this guy crazy? He said he knows of a few on Tablerock and will take me to see them. I think you people will know more.

Thanks in advance for the help. Free riding for the biggest help! ;)

Rail systems are fairly popular up here in Minnesota and they work well. Here's an example from one of the dock companies up here:

http://www.shoretracker.com/index.cfm

swfdemo.jpg

ImgLibrary_0026.jpg

ImgLibrary_0001.jpg

Edited by Big Mac

Too bad Tommy Boy® isn't here. Supposedly he had one custom built a couple years back. . .

Of course, he wouldn't have pictures of it because he would have to get out of his Barcalounger to take them.

The yellow RLXi you see is 2 Thumbs Up (my brother). My RLXi (black and red) only made it down there a 4 times last year...this coming season will be better.

FUNNY! My Malibu is in the dock next to your brothers I believe. I never see it on the water... However it does look good in the lift Biggrin.gif

Thanks for the information, just what I wanted. Does anybody have any knowledge on whether or not the corp will let you put this stuff in or will is it like a dock permit which is a big NO.

There was an article about building a rail system. Probably was in the other malibu site. This was in Canada. THe title of the posting was "I've been working on the railroad."

Old Hickory