Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

rumor has it we lost parrish

lxirod

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skisix@38

• Malibudude

• Greg_S

• lxirod

My thoughts exactly.

It's no different than A-Rod going to NY, Shaq to Miami, Saban to Bama, etc. Money talks, regardless of the sport. I had a couple beers w/ him in Florida last year, and he seemed to be a very nice guy that knows his stuff. I wish him luck with CC. Business is business I guess. They come, and they go.

Now wait a minute...Nick Saban, and I quote, "followed his heart back to college football"...said so himself, yes he did. No way money had anything to do with it. And I bet Chris followed his heart, too.

I also just read the back ad on the BBG yeasterday. It is pretty bad. MC seems to be really trying to pick on Malibu for some reason. It must just kill them that they are not the leader in sales. They probably offered CP a rediculous amount of money to leave Malibu just to make them look bad.

After reading the reviews of the Rlxi, SN 196 and the PS 197 in the BBG, it is obvious that they were written by the manufacturers. There is a certain smugness (is that a word?) in the MC review that is not there in the Bu or CC reviews of their slalom boats. If WSM still did the performance numbers, it would show MC behind Bu and CC again this year as well.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, where were all of you people when Philip Soven joined Malibu and had a similar quote in his press release? If you recall, he said his brother was amazed at how much better the Malibu wake is and wishes Phil switched sponsors sooner. Sure sounds a lot like what you are blaming CorrectCraft and Chris for doing.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, where were all of you people when Philip Soven joined Malibu and had a similar quote in his press release? If you recall, he said his brother was amazed at how much better the Malibu wake is and wishes Phil switched sponsors sooner. Sure sounds a lot like what you are blaming CorrectCraft and Chris for doing.

Well that is ok, becuase it is true Innocent.gif

Now I wouldn't call the SAN a station wagon... I do not like the wakeboarding wake. I can't speak for the ski boats, but in wakeboarding boats the wakes are quite different.

Hey you skiier guys - I have a dumb question that maybe you can humor me with... (serious question, no hidden skiing vs boarding agenda) I saw that this Chris guy holds a world record of 1.5@43 off or something like that. So I'm assuming that he made 1.5 balls at 43' off, right? Is that how you set the records? Seems like to set a record you would have to complete the course, or at least only count the full balls. what does the 1.5 mean? Does that mean he eeeeeeeked it around the first ball, and made it back to the wake? Seems funny to me- but that is just me Crazy.gif

it means he rounded the first ball, crossed the wake, got to the second ball, started rounding it, but lost the handle (or didn't make it back to the wake before the boat guides.

To score a full bouy, you need to make it around the bouy and back to the boat guides before he next boat guide with handle in hand and in 'skiing position'.

A quarter bouy is outside the bouy line & past the bouy.

A half bouy is around the bouy and back towards the wake, by not to the boat guides before the next guide.

There is no 3/4 bouy.

So he made it around 1, and 2, but not back to the boat guides after 2.

The AWSA Rules have picture on page 90.

Edit: He just beat me to the post.

Edited by weinrdog
I know 0 about sking, but didn't he break the record being pulled behind a station wagon? Yell at me if I am wrong.

Two or three weeks before he got 1.5@43' off he got 1.25@43' off behind a RLXi in Orlando and Drew Ross's place. He was skiing well and could have skied that well behind any number of boats.