Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

rumor has it we lost parrish

lxirod

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skisix@38

• Malibudude

• Greg_S

• lxirod

i really dont think boat performance has anything to do with it. im sure they'll take a bayliner sponsorship if the money/ benifits are right.

Not a rumor...

CORRECT CRAFT ADDS WORLD SLALOM RECORD HOLDER CHRIS PARRISH TO TEAM NAUTIQUE

ORLANDO, FLA. (January 2, 2007) — Correct Craft, Inc. announced today the addition of current world slalom recorder holder Chris Parrish to its team of professional athletes. Correct Craft’s Team Nautique is comprised of top athletes in water skiing and wakeboarding from around the world.

Bill Yeargin, President/CEO for Correct Craft, Inc. said, "We are delighted to have Chris join our team. Aside from being a gifted athlete, he also demonstrates superior personal integrity. He’s the kind of person we like to have representing our company.

A Florida native, Parrish began skiing at the age of two and started competing at seven years of age. As an amateur, Parrish won 16 championships and broke seven records. In 1995, he began his professional career winning consistently and earning 19 championship titles. Parrish is the current holder of the Men’s World Slalom Record at 1.5@43-off and has been ranked the top Men’s Slalom skier on the IWSF ranking list since 2004.

"I am excited to be teaming up with such a great company that has been the leader in the ski boat industry since day one. Correct Craft is 100% committed to traditional water skiing. Moving to a Nautique is like going from a station wagon to a Mercedes Benz. Correct Craft is always looking to improve their boats and build them better. Nautiques truly go beyond excellence!" said Parrish.

Terry Dunagin, Vice President of Marketing for Correct Craft, Inc. said, "In addition to Chris’s exceptional technical abilities, his unique style and incredible feel for the water make him a real showman. His talent behind a Nautique is certain to set the bar even higher in the months and years to come."

" ...................Moving to a Nautique is like going from a station wagon to a Mercedes Benz..........."

not a good way to leave a company. im opinion , and nothing against nautiques , driving a nautique vs. bu is more like the other way around. cc 196 are great going straight but they dont have that sports car handling like the response.

i really dont think boat performance has anything to do with it. im sure they'll take a bayliner sponsorship if the money/ benifits are right.

Oh I have no doubt that is why he left, just having from with the Nautanks.... :lol:

I would love to see Parish get to 43 off only in tournaments wher a Malibu is used as the tow-boat ... and that someone tell him off on how a station wagon has a better pull then a Mercedes... Tomato.gif That redneck really went low this time. I hope he gets the s*** beat out of him at the next Malibu open... There are tons of talented athelets who would only dream of a Malibu sponsorship and to see someone b**** like that makes me wanna Vomit.gif

Edited by 1FootDan

Disappointing way to leave Malibu. Funny when you talk to these guys they will tell you there is little difference at the short line lengths. There is so much to making the run than just the pull. How much discussion on sites do you see about the pull of the boat vs position etc.

Wow! It's one thing to leave for more money. I have absolutely no problem with that at all. But to make the station wagon statement was not cool - and I'd be saying that even if the situation was reversed.

Mike

As I think about this more and more, who wanted/needed who more. If Parrish felt this strong about Malibu, why didn't he leave earlier? I understand contracts may have played a role, but give me a break, if the BU were that bad of a boat, it would be easy for MC and CC to offer a few dollars and have all of the talent. Consider for a minute that Jamie is still with Tige? See my earlier comment.

I am very surprised by the comments he made. So much so, in fact, that it makes me think there is more to the ship-jumping than people are making public. You think it's as simple as the biggest paycheck? Anybody know if Mapple was always CC sponsored?

What's up with this comment?

Correct Craft is 100% committed to traditional water skiing.
I am very surprised by the comments he made. So much so, in fact, that it makes me think there is more to the ship-jumping than people are making public. You think it's as simple as the biggest paycheck? Anybody know if Mapple was always CC sponsored?

What's up with this comment?

Correct Craft is 100% committed to traditional water skiing.

I guess that means they don't make wakeboard boats anymore - 100% is 100% after all.

Well except in baseball

What a disappointment !!! Money talks loud to those who listen that close to it. I wonder if Lucky Lowe slapped him around over it or if the change was encouraged ?

Money talks loud to those who listen that close to it.

While the Mercedes comment, (if it was in fact made by Chris and not Nautiques PR guys) was unfortunate, you have to remember the guy is a professional water skier. This is how he earns a living. If CC offered more money when his contract was up with Malibu, why shouldn't he take it?

Maybe we should all be mad at the powers that be over at Malibu for being too greedy to pony up the dough to keep our young hero on board (or on ski, as the case may be). Not saying that's the case, just throwing it out there.

I met Chris' Mom and Dad at a wedding this year (last year, I guess). It was right after he broke the world record, and I introduced myself and spoke to them for a while. They were super, super nice people (and his Dad is freaking TALL!). If the apple didn't fall far from that tree, I would not imagine Chris to be a money hungry redneck from Central Florida Hicksville, but someone who is trying to maximize his potential in his chosen career, which being a sport, may not last as long as some of our careers.

Frankly, I'm surprised Chris hasn't been with CC longer, as they are headquartered here in Orlando, also.

EDIT: I just re-read the Mercedes quote. Man, that just doesn't sound like the way cool people from C.FLA like me & Chris talk. Biggrin.gif It sounds like something that would come out of a PR department. Either he didn't say it, and they just said he did, or someone said "Here's your check, Chris, now read this paragragh outloud, please"

Edited by rts

It's a standard PR quote: they always include a statement like that. I doubt he ever made the statement directly but was probably given the choice between a few statements. After all, do you think they would have included a negative quote in the press release? I can see it now... "I didn't really want to switch but they offered me so much money I couldn't afford to refuse. I'm not expecting much from the boat but it sure will be nice to be able to pay some bills."

Well one things for sure, HE WON'T BE BACK !!! Asta La Vista Baby!! He'll be passed by somebody else soon, so who will be listening then! Ranting.gif

While certainly he'll be passed by somebody as the current best waterskier in the world (he won't be #1 when he 60 years old) don't hold your breath waiting for his record to be broken...behind ANY boat.

Stop taking this so personally, guys...Chris knows going from a Response to whatever Nautique they use in tournaments is not like going from a station wagon to a Mercedes! It's just not true... he knows it, we all know it and Nautique owners know it. If he made the comment, it was marketing/PR, plain and simple. That stuff is a big part of being paid the big money by big sponsors.

If he ever comes out and says "The Malibu Response sucks" I'll eat my words, but for now expect him to be singing about the glory of Correct Craft and their awesome ski boats.

maybe he got tired of waiting for a Response with a decent windshield... ;)

Chris is a stand-up guy. He was proud as heck of his last Response, and I'm sure he would have stayed with Malibu had they had offered as good a deal as CC. It is a business for him (and the other pros as well) and he needs to make sponsorship & endorsement decisions that are best for him. Lord knows that there wasn't enough prize money from the few tournaments last year to pay for a season's worth of gas.

To bash the guy's integrity & wish him ill in competition because he switched boat sponsors is a bit over the top. It's a boat, not a religion.

maybe he got tired of waiting for a Response with a decent windshield... ;)

Chris is a stand-up guy. He was proud as heck of his last Response, and I'm sure he would have stayed with Malibu had they had offered as good a deal as CC. It is a business for him (and the other pros as well) and he needs to make sponsorship & endorsement decisions that are best for him. Lord knows that there wasn't enough prize money from the few tournaments last year to pay for a season's worth of gas.

To bash the guy's integrity & wish him ill in competition because he switched boat sponsors is a bit over the top. It's a boat, not a religion.

Well said :)

mercedes benz last year (2006) was ranked close to last according to J-D POWER AND ASSOCIATES INITIAL QUALITY REPORT.

:lol: mabe thats what he was refering to

Money talks loud to those who listen that close to it.

Maybe we should all be mad at the powers that be over at Malibu for being too greedy to pony up the dough to keep our young hero on board (or on ski, as the case may be). Not saying that's the case, just throwing it out there.

Perhaps another way to look at is Malibu is a better run business. Did anybody buy their BU because CP was able to set a world record and he was sponsored by Malibu? I know it had zero impact on my decision. Pro athletes (in any sport) are just that, they are paid to perform and paid to say the product they represent is the best. I could care less what he actually said. However, the quote is attributed to him. He now has a choice as to how he handles himself. A pro waterskier will NEVER see the real money of a mainstream sport, was it really worth it? Malibu on the other hand may just understand that the economics of the deal did not make sense for them to match what cc was offering.

On a seperate note, one thing that has always bothered me about cp was when he would be in a tournament and was the top seed, the moment he had the bouy count, he would thrust his hands in the air and that was the end of the run. See the 2006 Goode Nationals this past year. As I sat on the edge of the water, I can tell you he was in position to make a full pass. Everyone wanted to see him try and put up a big score. No doubt he is a great skier, but the skier in all of us wants to see someone of his caliber make an attempt each and every opportunity

It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts. Between cp and CC's new facility, they must be in the big debt club now. They're going to have to crank out a lot more boats, or find ways to cut back.

I guess CC will have to up the price of their boats to pay for his new contract. Of course, CC fans will say the price went up due to the superior materials and workmanship that goes into their boats....... Vomit.gif