Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Questions on new RLXI

bareftskier

Hi from Aus,

I am finalising an order for an 07 Rlxi in Australia at present and am not sure on the tower issue raised here. Is the Illusion tower going to be an issue when slalom skiing or is the Titan 3 a better choice for this? Does the Titan 3 mount on the deck behind the windscreen? We will be using our boat for social barefooting, slalom, wakeboarding and training on the boom occasionally. Any advice & assistance will be appreciated. Great site, cheers Ian J. ;)

Ian - ring Simon Hill at the factory and have a chat; alternatively ring Carl Crowe in Christchurch. He'll know the answers.

http://www.ccmarine.co.nz/malibu.html

BTW - welcome to the site & congrats on a great purchase decision!!

Edited by andyb
3.) The dealer has an Illusion X on his quote. I thought that was a custom, one off, type of thing. Is that tower now readily available on the RLXI?

Thanks for the input.

Chris

DO NOT GET THE ILLUSION X TOWER. I am only a 15 off skier, but the rope hits the tower mount on my pullout. Anything shorter and you will start to have issues.

Another comment on the tower. I had it on my '04 Sunsetter which was the same SV23 hull used in the response (as was explained by the factory to me). While I recognize the '07 is a different hull, the dimensions are the same which suggests very similar mounting location. The tower looks great...but it's function was not as good.

On more than one occassion I would hit my head on the speakers mounted to the tower, you would think you would learn. Also, the bimini top provided very little protection and was a pain in the but to install, take down, etc. Lastly, the weight of the tower was/is substantial.

Personally, I will not put the Illusion X tower on another boat, despite how great it looks.

john

Thanks to all for the responses & information. That's what I like about this site, timely feedback from people using the product with on water knowledge. The Illusion does look good but may not be the best from a function perspective in some situations, Tom's old form over function issue again.

Good advice to check with Simon Hill at the factory in Albury as he is a slalom guru and should know the answer, will chase him up tomorrow.

Cheers Ian J

;)