Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Picklefork, aka Two Pronged Bow

88Skier

Checking out all the MC pickleforks as well as MB's Tomcat and Tigue' RZ2 (my personal favorite) anyone think Malibu ought to go that route, too?

I happened to be in Parker, AZ last year when Tige had their annual regatta. The first RZ2 was there and I had the opportunity to get close enough to see it up close. POS in my opinion. The rear hatches didn't seem to close flush and the overall fit and finish was not up to par AFAIC. I do think that the look of a picklefork front end is cool but judging by what's out there, I'd stay away from the Tige.

I just receved my Waterski mag buyers guide today. Low and behold Tige RZ2 is on the front.

I was going to post a topic... Why are all boat manufacturers making these ugly pickle fork boats? I figured I'd just add to yours instead.

It can only mean more business for Malibu as far as I am concerned. The pickle fork is ugly no matter how much space it buys you up front.

The thing is, it doesn't really get you any extra space in the front of the boat. In almost every case, it wastes space because there is so much fiberglass in the front of the boat that could be bow seating or interior space. Plus, every equivalent Malibu model offers just as much true (people) seating capacity in the bow.

I think it would be worth considering if it served some functional purpose, either from a performance or space standpoint, but it doesn't plain and simple.

Crazy.gif Would come in handy if you ran across a giant pickle floating in the lake though

ROFL.gif

Do we really need more bow space anyway?

I would think thats very low on the list of wake boat improvements.

I agree with style rather than function. It's an UGLY style that someday you will see and say remember when they made those ugly things!

Edited by BillFooter

As long as they leave all that room in the bow for ballast I am cool with it. All I really care about is whats 85 feet back Crazy.gif

P.S. Logic would tell me that a prototype boat would be testing mostly for functionality, not fit and finish.

As long as they leave all that room in the bow for ballast I am cool with it. All I really care about is whats 85 feet back Crazy.gif

P.S. Logic would tell me that a prototype boat would be testing mostly for functionality, not fit and finish.

... ok - so point taken, the fit/finish comment has been stricken from the argment

... Still Fugly! to each their own, obviously people buying the things. I much prefer the classic lines, and fugure resale of a boat that isn't ugly Biggrin.gif

... ok - so point taken, the fit/finish comment has been stricken from the argment

... Still Fugly! to each their own, obviously people buying the things. I much prefer the classic lines, and fugure resale of a boat that isn't ugly Biggrin.gif

I'm not seeing any classic lines in Bu's line up. Maybe that's why I'm liking those pickleforks. If I'm going to go, I'm going all the way. Crazy.gif

The only advantage of the pickelfork on the MC X-Star was that when it came out it was a unique look. You knew the boat was an X-Star. People complained of taking water over the bow easily and if you got one in all white, it looked like a fishing boat. But hey, it was the most expensive wakeboat you could buy and people knew it when they saw that blunt nose.

Now that the look is in the X-2 and even non-MC boats, it really has no value. I'd even agree with others that it now has negative value because it's just ugly and no longer serves to differentiate the X-Star.

Malibu makes the best looking tournament boats on the water, I don't think they have any reason to follow the herd on this lame aesthetic trend.

Forked bow equals more glass and that means more front end weight. Front end weight is good when you want to juice up the wake so if you get a little more room up front and the handling doesn't go to sh*t then what the hell! I guess the biggest thing is who can make the best looking Fugly! I don't mind all the new pickle fork boats out there, but if malibu is gonna get in the game they better make her smooth and sexy....