Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

xm radio antenna install

mtvnuccio

No, the receiver will need to plug into the media black box. The connector pigtail will be on the side of the unit that has all the other pigtails coming off. There only like 50 or so to sift through.   

It’s right here on the back of the amp board right behind the black box. It’s labeled xm Sirius . 2022 Axis T250. 

10BFEC75-E96D-44E8-A8F1-9DED1131A173.jpeg

Edited by Livinlogs
Add model
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

It’s right here on the back of the amp board right behind the black box. It’s labeled xm Sirius 

10BFEC75-E96D-44E8-A8F1-9DED1131A173.jpeg

@Livinlogswhere did you run the wire and mount the puck? This is on my list of things to do Friday. 

23 minutes ago, ndahlberg12 said:

@Livinlogswhere did you run the wire and mount the puck? This is on my list of things to do Friday. 

I didn’t feel like drilling holes today. There are a couple routes , up by the factory gps puck, possibly up the vent or back by a cup holder . I just followed the factory harness attached to the bottom top deck then came out the side of the flip up obs door . I mounted the puck with vhb in between the windshield and tower . I tucked the wire behind the side cushion . There is about 3” of wire exposed and yes it’s not clean but nobody ever rests their arm there . I did it on my 2021 and never got around to moving it. I think I want it up by the factory puck but need to see how that one is attached first . The install is super easy  on the axis as only two screws hold the amp board to the wall . It’s mostly planning where the wire goes and telling your 15 yr old sitting in the compartment where to cable tie wires :) 

• Thanks 1
Olddognewtricks

Curious to hear how you guys are mounting the antenna and the tuner. The antenna is magnetic with no other holes or apparent mounting options.  

The tuner has slots on either side as if a tiny strap might fit through there - maybe a zip tie?

anyone with experience care to share how you attached these to the boat?

Zip tie the tuner up high above the amp rack. I trimmed an area out of the soft grip in front of the windshield, drilled a hole big enough to feed wire and stuck antenna over it. Will never remove antenna and if wanted to the hole can be patched with epoxy putty or jellcoat and new soft grip installed so no one would ever would know.image.png.6f2ff9289f69b03fbbd8ac813766b052.png

Edited by dalt1
Add pic.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 10 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 12:14 AM, IXFE said:

Not sure about Axis, but I assume it’s the same as every Malibu I’ve worked on…

Find your amp board (under the glove box). There’s a “black box” mounted to the upper right corner of the amp board. This is essentially your head unit.  The connections to it are not on the box itself, thus they are not visible from the front. All the connections points are “pigtails” that you’ll find behind the amp board. So the easiest way to find the satélite plug is to unscrew the amp board and pull it down a little to see what’s back there. 

Here’s a pic of mine from 2019 25 LSV

6B46EEDF-9E7A-40A8-8A18-6D3FD9F961F9.thumb.jpeg.65a5dd8c1d97b633cfb55d2b9b6a449e.jpeg

Here’s a pic of mine after pulling it from my 2022 25 LSV. Notice the newer style black box. But it’s in the same location. 

0D13EE02-193B-41A5-9200-EE3C714B7DA8.thumb.jpeg.66d1ff482b53effd8da00dfdfdb311e9.jpeg

Here’s the connection you’re looking for behind that black box. Not only is it the only one like this, but it’s clearly labeled also. 

A0DF9EEA-3535-436A-83EB-11A27B9AFC0C.jpeg.ba76a0074475e53672f6356f3d2b82d4.jpeg

IXFE, thank you for these pictures and instructions.  It's hard to believe that I paid for the XM radio when I ordered my boat, but Malibu didn't install a $20 antenna.  I spent a lot of time with Sirius on the phone last summer unsuccessfully trying to get it connected.  I followed your instructions and now I'm ready for summer of '23 with some tunes on my lake which has poor cell coverage.  I love this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured it out.  Tuned the channel I wanted to save as a preset, then went to the preset page and held down the empty slot for 3 seconds.  It saves that channel.