Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

waiting for 22 lsv because of a recall?


Recommended Posts

dealer pushed back the date of delivery for my 2020 22lsv, they said at first it was a bad computer module for the surf system, now its a recall on the stern turn wiring. its really inconvenient for me to not get it this week/weekend so i asked them to send the bulletin. i am waiting for that however  i havent found anything on this recall, am i looking in the wrong place? doing something wrong?

Link to post

There is a Coast Guard monitored recall on the stern turn wiring.

MY21.SB04.0217

 

I will not up load it here as Ive been slapped in the past for doing that.

Link to post
Surf4FamFun
1 hour ago, COOP said:

There is a Coast Guard monitored recall on the stern turn wiring.

MY21.SB04.0217

 

I will not up load it here as Ive been slapped in the past for doing that.

I hate to be that guy but where did you find this recall notice?  I am picking up a boat tomorrow with Stern Turn and want to see if it is applicable.  I found a safety and recall bulletin list(s) on the USCG site but cant find this notice.

Link to post
3 hours ago, COOP said:

Im a Malibu dealer. Your dealer should be aware of this and should be checking EVERY stern turn.

@COOP this applies to only the newest model stern turns correct? Not pertinent to last years model?

Link to post
5 hours ago, Surf4FamFun said:

I hate to be that guy but where did you find this recall notice?  I am picking up a boat tomorrow with Stern Turn and want to see if it is applicable.  I found a safety and recall bulletin list(s) on the USCG site but cant find this notice.

i got a copy from the dealer but i couldnt find it anywhere online

Link to post
7 hours ago, COOP said:

There is a Coast Guard monitored recall on the stern turn wiring.

MY21.SB04.0217

 

I will not up load it here as Ive been slapped in the past for doing that.

thank you for the response, when did you get the notice if you dont mind me asking?

Link to post
16 minutes ago, EricLsv said:

thank you for the response, when did you get the notice if you dont mind me asking?

Late Feb if I recall correctly.

Link to post
15 hours ago, COOP said:

Late Feb if I recall correctly.

0217 indicates it was released on Feb. 17. MY21 indicates it was released in the 2021 model year.

Link to post
On 4/21/2021 at 5:09 PM, COOP said:

Late Feb if I recall correctly.

 

On 4/22/2021 at 8:17 AM, 23LSVOwner said:

0217 indicates it was released on Feb. 17. MY21 indicates it was released in the 2021 model year.

thank you guys, just want to be informed when i do get it so i can best leverage the delay to some kind of advantage.

Link to post
On 4/21/2021 at 6:51 AM, COOP said:

There is a Coast Guard monitored recall on the stern turn wiring.

MY21.SB04.0217

 

I will not up load it here as Ive been slapped in the past for doing that.

Could you drop a few more bread crumbs? I can’t seem to find the posting on my own. 
 

How is their construction/wiring different than how you safely do it after market?

Edited by BarliBear
Link to post
6 minutes ago, BarliBear said:

Could you drop a few more bread crumbs? I can’t seem to find the posting on my own. 
 

How is their construction/wiring different than how you safely do it after market?

from what i heard from the dealer and saw on the recall sheet the sheath that covers the power wires isnt long enouigh/ positioned correctly. its bent/ not reaching the stern turn module, making it useless. the dealer said itw as more involved and they needed to "fabricate a bracket" to hold the wires. this resulted in yet another delay and i will definitely grill them about what exactly took them two days to complete, which again botched my schedule costing me money and time. im getting it in a week so while im breaking it in i will take pictures of the wires and reply to this post again

Link to post
9 hours ago, EricLsv said:

from what i heard from the dealer and saw on the recall sheet the sheath that covers the power wires isnt long enouigh/ positioned correctly. its bent/ not reaching the stern turn module, making it useless. the dealer said itw as more involved and they needed to "fabricate a bracket" to hold the wires. this resulted in yet another delay and i will definitely grill them about what exactly took them two days to complete, which again botched my schedule costing me money and time. im getting it in a week so while im breaking it in i will take pictures of the wires and reply to this post again

There is no bracket. It's a longer sleeve with a coupler.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

There is no bracket. It's a longer sleeve with a coupler.

So something that could actually be fixed with some heatshrink tape?

Link to post
31 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

So something that could actually be fixed with some heatshrink tape?

It is a reinforced tube, not heat shrink.

Link to post
49 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

So something that could actually be fixed with some heatshrink tape?

Nope. And this is a Coast Guard monitored situation. Which means something bad happened.

Link to post
1 hour ago, COOP said:

Nope. And this is a Coast Guard monitored situation. Which means something bad happened.

@COOP, are you having to go back and change any of the EZ Drive installs due to this issue?   I have the aftermarket Stern Turn/EZ Drive so I am curious to learn more.  My sheath covers the wires the entire length and terminates inside the control box, but still curious if there could still be an issue with my install. 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...