Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What did you get for Christmas???

stusumm

We got a Garmin GPS, a pair of Sony X-Plode tower speakers with an AMP to drive them, a Tele-flex fuel tank sending unit (so we'll know when we run out of gas), a raw water pump impeller to keep us cool, exhaust manifold riser gaskets to keep us from leaking, 2 battery tender trickle chargers from Eastwood, a Sony DVD camcorder for capturing next years greatest hits and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. Yum.

Are we lucky or what?? Surprised.gif

SAS

Might be a good idea to use it to let you know when you are getting close to running out of gas. My 01 SS VLX used to do a real good job of letting me know when it had run out of gas. :lol:

Good point. Malibu selected a POS fuel sender which displayed a full tank while the engine sputtered and quit while we were on the Sacramento River this year. Fortunately my brother in law was with us in his Sundowner and towed us to a marina just before we ran against the rocks of a nearby levee. Shocking.gif

UPS brought us the replacement sending unit last night and I downloaded the instructions from the Bu crew's

Technical & How-To Articles on Fuel Sender replacement. This is just an awesome web site. Yahoo.gif

SAS

Lets see....

Kelley (the 2 year old) got more crap that an Elephant on Exlax. He was born on 12/6 so he has a birthday then Xmas, so in December he really mops up. We had to donate half his stuff to fit the new stuff in. This was also the first year he also really started getting into unwrapping stuff.

Ashlee (the 15 year old) got a Moto Silver phone and tons of gift cards.

Wife got all the stuff on her list.

Daddy (me) got a Edge Juice and some other goodies for his Dodge.

The Dog..... Well the Dog almost got himself dead. He is a 11 month old, super hyper black lab. I have been told there are two versions of the black lab, the lathargic best friend, or the super charged spazomatic 5000. We got the later.

Two days before Christmas, we were all asleep when we heard a HUGE crash and bang. My wife and I were both startled out of bed and the 2 year old started crying (we could here him from his room). Freaking out I grabbed my Surefire (flashlight) and my Glock. (I live up in the mountain, pretty far away from any police response and we have had breakins in the last couple of months on our side of the mountain).

So I go with my wife so she can calm the 2 year old down and I can still here crap going on upstairs. (In our house the bedrooms are downstairs and the kitchen, family room, etc is up). So I start to go upstairs with my heart pounding. I check to make sure I have a round in the chamber in my G20. I poke my head up like a coward to the top of the stairs and turn on my surefire in the direction of the noise......

To see my black lab panting with his huge red toungue hanging out atop the fallen Xmas tree. Wrapping paper and ordiments were all over the place. I have no idea what the Xmas tree did to the dog, but the dog sure did get revenge.

To tell you the truth, I almost shot him anyway..... Shocking.gif

So now I have to rack up the list of the dogs kills:

Xmas tree

Xmas decorations and some presents

Roses and various plants

Baseboards in the house

Coffee table

Various kids toys

Fence

Lawn

PVC water pipe (that was a ton of fun)

Anybody need a black lab? Cry.gifBiggrin.gif

Lets see....

Kelley (the 2 year old) got more crap that an Elephant on Exlax. He was born on 12/6 so he has a birthday then Xmas, so in December he really mops up. We had to donate half his stuff to fit the new stuff in. This was also the first year he also really started getting into unwrapping stuff.

Ashlee (the 15 year old) got a Moto Silver phone and tons of gift cards.

Wife got all the stuff on her list.

Daddy (me) got a Edge Juice and some other goodies for his Dodge.

The Dog..... Well the Dog almost got himself dead. He is a 11 month old, super hyper black lab. I have been told there are two versions of the black lab, the lathargic best friend, or the super charged spazomatic 5000. We got the later.

Two days before Christmas, we were all asleep when we heard a HUGE crash and bang. My wife and I were both startled out of bed and the 2 year old started crying (we could here him from his room). Freaking out I grabbed my Surefire (flashlight) and my Glock. (I live up in the mountain, pretty far away from any police response and we have had breakins in the last couple of months on our side of the mountain).

So I go with my wife so she can calm the 2 year old down and I can still here crap going on upstairs. (In our house the bedrooms are downstairs and the kitchen, family room, etc is up). So I start to go upstairs with my heart pounding. I check to make sure I have a round in the chamber in my G20. I poke my head up like a coward to the top of the stairs and turn on my surefire in the direction of the noise......

To see my black lab panting with his huge red toungue hanging out atop the fallen Xmas tree. Wrapping paper and ordiments were all over the place. I have no idea what the Xmas tree did to the dog, but the dog sure did get revenge.

To tell you the truth, I almost shot him anyway..... Shocking.gif

So now I have to rack up the list of the dogs kills:

Xmas tree

Xmas decorations and some presents

Roses and various plants

Baseboards in the house

Coffee table

Various kids toys

Fence

Lawn

PVC water pipe (that was a ton of fun)

Anybody need a black lab? Cry.gifBiggrin.gif

Trust me I feel your pain!!!

I had a yellow a long time ago whose references included: too many shoes to count, the kitchen floor linoleum (the little bastard actually ate a piece of linoleum 2' X 4' right off the floor!), he ate a ziplock baggie containing my roomate's "parsley-lookng contraban", a cycling glove that had mesh on it that he decided to pass at a very inpooertune time... (ever seen a dog with dingle-balls???) During a party at my house while I was out on a date he consumed a pile of human puke in the back yard that contained a dose of magic mushrooms (thats a whole story in itself...), when he was 12 weeks old he got into a cabinet while locked in the kitchen during the day and ate 2 bags of Nestles chocolate chips. Then when I got home he galloped that cute puppy gallop toward me and slipped and fell into his own puke and then I tried to wash it off him and the chocolate hardened in his fur. The vet said he almost did not make that one... Let's see... he got into my future wife's bag (on top of the dining table) and ate half a bottle of prescription Motrin. That one almost got him too... Over the course of his 14 year life I think I saw the vet pump his stomach something like 8 times... as hard as we'd try to keep things out of his path, the harder he tried to get them. I think the one that finally got him was a dead rat in the yard. I think he ate a rat that had been poisoned and died in our yard. I found he had passed it the day I found him under the dining room tabe for the last time...

Wow, that went on longer than I wanted... and thats the Readers Digest version.

What I'm trying to say is, Kwold, you got a long ways to go!!!!! Good luck! I never had the stones to put 'Old Chet out of MY misery. He lived to 14. Never slowed down..... He was a real good dog when I had his full attention.

Here's to you Chet! (Ya little B@stard!!!)

Cheers.gif

Thanks to divorces and remarrying, my son has 8 grandparents and only has to share them with one cousin. He got way more crap than anyone should be entitled to. Next year we are going to institute an excise tax on his gifts to cut down on it b/c it is really out of control.

For me, the new PerfectPass display and chip and a new slalom rope and handle.

Kwold and Faceplant409,

You both need to read the book "Marley and Me". You'll either laugh along with it or be grateful that someone has a worse dog than you.

As for me, I got a 69" HO Triumph with Animal Bindings. When does it get warm again???

Happy Kids... the one in the middle (my kid) already had his quad, but the gear is new, the other two (my nephews) were breaking their's in on a rainy Christmas Day.

119459467-L.jpg

Daniel

Edited by Daniel

Oh that is friggen cool! I have a little Honda 50 dirtbike for the two year old. I am going to wait till he is 4 then upgrade him and myself so we can have some fun at Holister.

Harley (the black lab) is a good dog and we do love him. But I swear its like having 2 2year olds in the house.

I do like the fact that Harley has perfected a nice Kung FU move on the annoying neighbor. When ever this guy comes over (and wants to talk my ear off for hours) Harley loves to run up, spring in the air and nail the guy in the nads with his rear paw. It is the funniest damn thing you have ever seen.

Edited by kwold
Here's the one I got for my brother a couple years ago. It's from the "Full size" line. "PX9109" I think. Dollar for dollar the best thing they offer. I can't do stainless because for me it's a see and not be seen thing. I've carried a 1911 into every conflict from desert shield/storm all the way through to today. The POS Beretta 92F can stay in the gun box.

How is it they allow you to carry a 1911?

I was particularly good this year.

I gave myself 10 lbs of holiday body fat. Thinkin' I might have to take that back.......

and from the ones who love me, I made out like a bandit.........

That Monza will treat you nicely!!!

I also have a springfield "loaded" with the pakarized finish. Very nice pistol. I keep my plastic fantasic G20 (10mm) in a lock box next to my bed. Sometimes I switch it out for my SandW 625JM (.45).

Since Christmas is over and this thread is already turning...for all of you who own handguns, do you have a concealed weapons permit? Do you just leave them at home most the time? If you don't have a CWP where do you store them while driving and out on the town?

Since Christmas is over and this thread is already turning...for all of you who own handguns, do you have a concealed weapons permit? Do you just leave them at home most the time? If you don't have a CWP where do you store them while driving and out on the town?

In Maine you only need a CWP if you conceal the weapon. Without any knind of permit you can carry around any kind of loaded non concealed weapon just about anywhere, except a church, school or a bar. You can't bring a concealed weapon into those either.

1911 is my favorite semi, I used to have a Colt Gold Cup. I have a Kimber Compact Custom now. Those Springfields look really nice.

Getting a CWP in California is next to impossible. I find it very funny how Barbara Boxer and Diane Finestine are both huge anti-gun advocates, yet both have CWPs. I guess its ok for the politicians to carry guns in CA, just not the people. LOL.

I have two gun safes in a locked shed and a secure (digital) lock box under my bed.

In Maine you only need a CWP if you conceal the weapon. Without any knind of permit you can carry around any kind of loaded non concealed weapon just about anywhere, except a church, school or a bar. You can't bring a concealed weapon into those either.

1911 is my favorite semi, I used to have a Colt Gold Cup. I have a Kimber Compact Custom now. Those Springfields look really nice.

So if you can carry it on you, whats the difference between having it in a holster and it being concealed? Wouldn't both be hidden?

So if you can carry it on you, whats the difference between having it in a holster and it being concealed? Wouldn't both be hidden?

Concealed would be hidden under your clothes - you wouldn't know somone had a gun... in a holster, it is out there for everyone to see.. just becuase it isn't fully exposed (partially hidden by the holster) you can still see they have *A* gun Biggrin.gif

Concealed would be hidden under your clothes - you wouldn't know somone had a gun... in a holster, it is out there for everyone to see.. just becuase it isn't fully exposed (partially hidden by the holster) you can still see they have *A* gun Biggrin.gif

gotch-ya...now, what about driving in your car with a hand gun. I have heard that you would need to keep it in plain sight, so what does that leave you with, the dash? Back seat?

Funny story...back in high school some friends and I were shooting a video for our Youth & Law class. We were filming a fake robbery on a Sunday afternoon at a dry cleaners that was closed. Unknown to us, someone driving by called the police because they, "Saw a man waving a gun in the air." The caller also happened to give the police a description of the car that we were using in the film (my friends 1981 Ford Courior...the biggest POS ever!)

There were 6 of us total and we all headed back to my house after wrapping up. The two people in the Courior decided to take a different route then the rest of us (headed through the "Hispanic part of town") while we all went down the main roads. 4 of us got to my house, but the other 2 didn't show up. We waited about 15 minutes (the drive was less then 5) and then gave them a call. One of them answered, "Can't talk, in hand cuffs, in cop car!"

About 1.5 hours later we hear back from the two guys who were missing. They were driving home when all of the sudden 6 cop cars came screaming down the street in all directions and surrounded their car. They made them throw the keys out, walk backwards, hands on their heads, etc, etc, etc...When the police found out that it was a fake gun, and we were filming a video for school they let them lose to their parents. :lol:

Our teacher had already heard about it (from the cop at our school) when we got to class on Monday and man on man did we get an ear full Shocking.gif