Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SD6/8 speakers


BaBaLoO

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

Purchased a wetsounds SD6 amp and was wondering how to wire 8-Polk mm6501um 4ohm speakers to get the most out of them. Originally had 2- 600w amps ( 4 speaker per amp) for them so a little lost. 
 

Thanks 

Link to post

4 to individual channels 1-4.

Wire the last 4 into 2 pairs in parallel.  Wire to channels 5/6.

 

This will run 185w RMS to 4 speakers, and 290w RMS to each of the last 2 pairs, or 145w rms each.

 

I'd run the main area speakers on channels 1-4, and the bow/walkthrough speakers in parallel on 5/6.  

 

Speakers are rated to 125W RMS max, so watch your gain settings, you will have enough power to cook those speakers. 

 

Good luck!

Link to post

My bad, it’s an SD4 🤦‍♂️! Recommendations?
 

On 4/15/2021 at 8:37 AM, dhcomp said:

4 to individual channels 1-4.

Wire the last 4 into 2 pairs in parallel.  Wire to channels 5/6.

 

This will run 185w RMS to 4 speakers, and 290w RMS to each of the last 2 pairs, or 145w rms each.

 

I'd run the main area speakers on channels 1-4, and the bow/walkthrough speakers in parallel on 5/6.  

 

Speakers are rated to 125W RMS max, so watch your gain settings, you will have enough power to cook those speakers. 

 

Good luck!

Link to post

2 speakers per channel, in parallel. However you want to arrange them. Gets you 160/speaker rms I think. 

Link to post
granddaddy55
On 4/22/2021 at 5:01 PM, dhcomp said:

2 speakers per channel, in parallel. However you want to arrange them. Gets you 160/speaker rms I think. 

its 180 per channel, 685 bridging two channels, its really an amp suited best to run two subs or say two 410’s bridged 

Link to post
2 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

its 180 per channel, 685 bridging two channels, its really an amp suited best to run two subs or say two 410’s bridged 

 

Not giving direction to bridge channels.  Directing original poster to put 2 speakers on each channel.  

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...