Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M220 Plug and Play Bags


Recommended Posts

TexasTurner

Still breaking in my M220 and when I filled the rear PnP I noticed they didn’t completely fill. They do fill to the level of the top of the L-Shaped hard tanks but no more. The gauge does say 100% as well. 
 

Just confused because I came out of a 2019 21 MLX and the bags were completely full when I filled them. I had the option to fill even though I was at 100%. 
 

It seems as if you can’t fill the bags more even if you wanted to because when the gauge reads 100%, the pumps stop. 
 

Note: I am selecting “Fill All” and not “100%”

Am I missing something or is that just how it is on this model?

Link to post
TexasTurner

That wasn’t the issue. The PnP bags were probably only 60% full which so happened to be at the top of the hard tank level. 
 

I also noticed that when I select “Fill All” I can’t even get water to spill over the side of the boat for any tank. It seems as if the gauge controls all. 

Link to post

Unless something has changed, it’s probably not a gauge but a timer which is why your bags aren’t completely full. It’s not hard to select the individual tanks and hit fill. Then, next time your in the dealer for service, have them check for a software update that might address your tanks not filling all the way. 

Link to post
TexasTurner

I hit “fill all” a few times after they say 100%. They “fill” for about 5 seconds and turn back off. That is in all tanks. 
 

I also updated the software over WiFi on Friday so it should be the latest. 
 

I appreciate the feedback though. I just don’t believe that it’s designed the way it’s operating. 

Link to post

Since the bags and hard tanks are plumbed together the bags cannot fill above the level of the hard tank overflow, regardless of the capacity of the bags. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
On 4/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, TexasTurner said:

That wasn’t the issue. The PnP bags were probably only 60% full which so happened to be at the top of the hard tank level. 
 

I also noticed that when I select “Fill All” I can’t even get water to spill over the side of the boat for any tank. It seems as if the gauge controls all. 

You sure they are factory recommended bags?

Recommended goes up to the top of the tank when full. That way the water level in the tank and the bag are approximately the same and when the system reads 100% it shuts the pump(s) down after a small time.

Link to post
On 4/3/2021 at 10:25 PM, SteveQ said:

Since the bags and hard tanks are plumbed together the bags cannot fill above the level of the hard tank overflow, regardless of the capacity of the bags. 

This. Sounds like your bags are bigger than recommended.

  • Like 2
Link to post
TexasTurner

They are the bags that were installed from the factory. Bags are branded with Malibu/Axis. Boat is brand new and bags were installed at the dealer. 
 

But yes that is exactly when it stops....at the water level of the tank. 
 

If that is what is intended than I understand. I am just used to having the ability to fill even if the gauge says 100%. There is still room in the bags and compartment for at least 20 gallons per bag. 

Link to post
14 minutes ago, TexasTurner said:

They are the bags that were installed from the factory. Bags are branded with Malibu/Axis. Boat is brand new and bags were installed at the dealer. 
 

But yes that is exactly when it stops....at the water level of the tank. 
 

If that is what is intended than I understand. I am just used to having the ability to fill even if the gauge says 100%. There is still room in the bags and compartment for at least 20 gallons per bag. 

No sir, they were not installed at the factory. I have never heard of Malibu installing bags.

  • Like 3
Link to post
TexasTurner
58 minutes ago, COOP said:

No sir, they were not installed at the factory. I have never heard of Malibu installing bags.

Well at least at the dealer. They were installed when I picked up the boat from the dealer, and the boat was a brand new custom build. Bags are branded with Malibu / Axis and I’m pretty positive they’ve had the L-Shaped tanks since 2019 or 2020. Dealer is one of the largest in the country so I doubt they just threw some random bags from 3 years ago in there. 

Link to post

Im sure the dealer installed them.

They may have have the special made with branding as Malibu doesnt even sell bags or have bags available.

  • Like 2
Link to post
TexasTurner
1 hour ago, COOP said:

Im sure the dealer installed them.

They may have have the special made with branding as Malibu doesnt even sell bags or have bags available.

I never said that Malibu sold bags or had bags available. I said they were branded with Malibu / Axis. I believe they are Wavemaker bags or a similar brand that is made specifically for Malibu to fit in that space. 
 

Point being that they don’t get completely full. I was just asking for feedback from others who actually had a similar setup with L-Shaped hard tank and PnP bags to see if theirs fill completely. 

Link to post
4 hours ago, TexasTurner said:

They are the bags that were installed from the factory.

This is what I was referring to. Wasnt trying to offend. Usually factory installed parts are available to sell. 

I think If Malibu had their way they wouldnt even offer plug and play, but its an in demand option. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Our 2020 have Malibu/Axis branded fat sacs. I assume the make all specific sizes for the different models as well. Could be the dealer out the wrong size in the boat or that’s how they are made.

Link to post
TexasTurner

Per the dealer...Malibu changed the software so that the pumps shut off at 100% no matter what in order to “save the pumps”. That’s why you don’t spill water over the side anymore. Makes perfect sense. Also, Malibu is apparently working on a calibration to allow those PnP bags to fill completely. Most likely something to do with timing. 
 

In the mean time, they said to keep hitting “fill all” to get the bags full. It will take 4-5 cycles but it will eventually get the bags full. Each cycle last for about 10 seconds from what I’ve noticed so far. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
  • 2 months later...
geogilbert

Same issue on my m220. The gauge reads full and will not let you go any further. Figured I would bounce this to the top and see if anyone had a solution other then Keep hitting the button. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Same on my 23.  I keep hitting fill all and they keep turning off.  Hope to find a solution.

  • Like 2
Link to post
On 4/9/2021 at 12:41 PM, TexasTurner said:

In the mean time, they said to keep hitting “fill all” to get the bags full.

And somehow that can "save the pumps."  Funny. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...