Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

One-off Boatmate at the Airport in Tennessee

Trentster

Here is the one-off Boatmate trailer for the Anniversary boats. They had stacks and stacks of Extreme's at the factory. Boatmate just didn't want the Anniversary boat on the Extreme at the Airport. For those of you that are wondering? Supra and Malibu are pushing Boatmate right now for STANDARD 10" fenders.

Tennesee2006071.jpg

Tennesee2006072.jpg

Tennesee2006076.jpg

Trentster Innocent.gif

Very Nice!!! I have no experience with Extreme Trailers except for what I've heard on here, but I can say that Boatmate makes a really nice trailer. I've been very happy with mine.

For a "custom" trailer.. sure seems like it would look better if the boat sat lower in the trailer. And why such a large wheel gap between the fenders and the tires. Dontknow.gif

SacRiverRat- In fact that was the issue. Boatmate said that they are having a hard time getting the boats "between" the fenders instead of on top of them. I toured the Boatmate plant and they are second to none! I just like the looks of the Extreme better. The quality of both is par in my opinion.

Trentster

Looks to me as if the guide posts are functionally useless and are way out to the side.

I know most of us put the boat on the trailer perfectly. But I have had a time or two that I was really glad the guide posts were there. Whistling.gif

Looks to me as if the guide posts are functionally useless and are way out to the side.

I know most of us put the boat on the trailer perfectly. But I have had a time or two that I was really glad the guide posts were there. Whistling.gif

It would appear that way but it isn't the case. My wife loads the boat and has been known to hit the guide poles every once in a while. The boat has never hit the trailer frame the way you would think it would with the guide poles out that far. The design must be different and it gives her a wider target to go between. I was a little skeptical when I first saw the guidepole setup on my Boatmate trailer, but it has never been a problem.

Yeah, with the trailer under water and the boat being 'beamier' farther forward it just lines itself right up. Wife used the guide poles (not hard) on my Boatmate a couple weeks ago and nestled the boat right into the bunks.

Where's that 'JerkingYourChain' emoticon when you need it? :lol:

That's exactly the one I was looking for! And, in honor of Hank, it could be like this-- :JERK:

:ahHahHah:

My 04 trailer had polished rims, a polished fender, polished swing away tongue, LED, and the polished tread steps. I believe it was first year Boatmate did that. Really looks good in person! Cheers.gif