Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hugh?!?!?!?

Trentster

Looks like Mastercraft was a little late. This is a Response turned into a fishing boat. The management at the plant actually use it. It even has a live-well.

Tennesee2006060.jpg

Tennesee2006068.jpg

That is one goofy looking fishing boat!!! The center console is way too far back and makes it look wierd. A better design is to mount the center console in front of the engine box with the seats mounted on the engine cover. This is the design that Shamrock Boats uses and they are very nice looking center console inboard fishing boats.

If the counsol was more forward they wouldn't have access to the live well / ski ballast.

Not being a fisherman, it looks like a good design to me. Doing with what you've got.

But carpet? Come on, that would stink after the first run out.

Uh oh, John's going to get in trouble again. :) (The first poster earned him a call from Bob a few years ago)

It's actually hull #1 that was pulled from a new mold a few years back (XTi maybe), and instead of cutting it up and taking it to the dump it was built into the worlds best handling bass boat. (Bass?/Fish?/Whatever)

Kinda cool, and off the charts in terms of a one-of-a-kind models.

Peter. :)

chathamsolutions- Even though I am only a part-time spring/summer sales guy, our dealership sells Malibu, Moomba, Supra, and Chaparrel. I went to Skier's Choice University and it was AWESOME! I am a Malibu man through and through, but sell both. My eyes were really opened to Supra- what a great boat too! They will be a force to be reckoned with for sure. They will be pulling the Gravity Games again and just nabbed The Worlds fort next year. Ohh, BTW, I have a picture of a one off trailer from Boatmate with an Anniversary Response on it if anyone wants to see it. It's in the airport in Tennessee.

Trentster

chathamsolutions- Even though I am only a part-time spring/summer sales guy, our dealership sells Malibu, Moomba, Supra, and Chaparrel. I went to Skier's Choice University and it was AWESOME! I am a Malibu man through and through, but sell both. My eyes were really opened to Supra- what a great boat too! They will be a force to be reckoned with for sure. They will be pulling the Gravity Games again and just nabbed The Worlds fort next year. Ohh, BTW, I have a picture of a one off trailer from Boatmate with an Anniversary Response on it if anyone wants to see it. It's in the airport in Tennessee.

Trentster

Ah, ya post it!

If the counsol was more forward they wouldn't have access to the live well / ski ballast.

Not being a fisherman, it looks like a good design to me. Doing with what you've got.

But carpet? Come on, that would stink after the first run out.

Add a live well in front of the center console and forget the ski locker. They could have made that boat a pretty cool fishing rig.