Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

This may generate some interest!

Trentster

Kwold, all you have to do while pulling your Xti up a steep hill is smile! And pass all the gas powered rigs and the other diesel pickups. You'll get 20mpg highway pulling your boat when broke in. I do and mine is 4WD with an automatic.

The only down side I can see to a diesel Bou would maybe be a little sluggish out of the hole and idleing kind of fast. By idling fast I mean boat movement not RPM's. Oh, maybe some soot buildup on the swim deck.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daman

• gonorth

• kwold

• stewart

Kwold, all you have to do while pulling your Xti up a steep hill is smile! And pass all the gas powered rigs and the other diesel pickups. You'll get 20mpg highway pulling your boat when broke in. I do and mine is 4WD with an automatic.

The only down side I can see to a diesel Bou would maybe be a little sluggish out of the hole and idleing kind of fast. By idling fast I mean boat movement not RPM's. Oh, maybe some soot buildup on the swim deck.

Bah we can fix that. Just add a variable vain turbo (like Ford) and you will have plenty of low end grunt. Of course, not sure boat nuts would like their bu to sound like a 747 with the Turbo whine.

As an FYI...Indmar just updated their website... here is what they have on the 256 diesel...

Indmar's 256 Marine Diesel is one of the lightest, most efficient six-cylinder diesel engines on the market today. The innovative fuel injection technology enables an excellent torque and speed range. All with surprising acceleration and excellent emissions ratings.

This rugged four-stroke, turbocharged and intercooled power plant from Indmar features innovative breathing and charging systems, as well as reinforced piston and injection systems. All in an extremely compact, lightweight design that's easy to install.

The Indmar 256 Marine Diesel is intended as a fully competitive diesel and particular attention is paid to the dynamics of acceleration in extended sport applications.

Its Monoblock design provides an excellent power-to-weight ratio and is made using high-alloy cast iron for a long service life. Enhanced with Holset turbocharger technology and a proprietary 2-stage Unit Injector system, the engine is designed as a diesel alternative to gas V-8's in commercial and high-use sport applications in fresh or saltwater.

It features a closed freshwater cooling system with dual-circuit cooling that is highly corrosion resistant for long life. And on the environmental side, the new Indmar diesel engine passes BSO II and upcoming U.S. EPA Tier 2 regulations.

With the new Indmar 256 Marine Diesel you can count on all you've come to expect from Indmar; superior performance, the highest in quality, a full service network and a strong factory-backed warranty.

General Specs

Engine Type: 4-stroke, Turbocharged, Intercooled Direct-Injection.

Displacement: 3.2L / 195 CID

Cylinders: 6 in line

Bore & Stroke: 85 x 94 mm (3.35 x 3.7 inches)

Compression Ratio: 17:1

Exhaust: Turbo

Chrome-Molybdenum Forged Crankshaft: Dynamically balanced.

Hardened Valve-seats High Performance NIMONIC Valve Material:

Fuel System: Two Stage Unit Injectors

Fuel Required: Diesel

Max. RPM: 4500

Warranty: Factory-Backed 3 year limited warranty including fuel and electrical. High Output 90-Amp Alternator: Produces 40 amps at idle.

Heavy-Duty Sealed Wiring Harness:

Exclusive Multi-step Paint Process: To give maximum protection from rust and corrosion.

Edited by 1FootDan

Hummm

I wonder how much they are gonna charge for it. I know the new 6.7L cummins is going to run 6500 bucks or so (automatic tranny extra). I am willing to bet that Diesel will be even more than what you have to pay to get the Hammer Head.