Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any word on boat shows this winter?

Ozmoke72

The Edmonton show last year was setup and canceled within an hour due to covid regulations. Now rather than refunding they are giving credits for this year if it happens, puts dealers in a hard place if they're going. 

Saw this elsewhere, Miami and other NMMA shows canceled for winter 2021

Progressive Insurance Atlanta Boat Show

Progressive Insurance Baltimore Boat Show

Progressive Insurance Chicago Boat Show

Progressive Insurance Louisville Boat, RV & Sportshow

Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show

Progressive Insurance Minneapolis Boat Show

Progressive Insurance Nashville Boat Show

Progressive Insurance New York Boat Show

Progressive Insurance St. Louis Boat & Sportshow

Many more than that nearly all are cancelled except a few outdoor down south ones that will likely be due to current state mandates...

I'm Over this crap.. it's never going away so time to live with this crap

On 10/27/2020 at 9:24 PM, The Hulk said:

Heard a lot of these event type things in lawsuits about that kind of hwy robbery..  I know they have their fine print but.. 

We have been dealing with the same thing all year on industry conference and events and vague or tough refund policies.  

10 hours ago, hethj7 said:

We have been dealing with the same thing all year on industry conference and events and vague or tough refund policies.  

Charge them to a credit card if possible so u have some higher chances to cancel and get your dispute refund

Getting a vendor refund should not be an issue. Most event promotors take out insurance and there are riders that cover circumstances like covid. Same as like someone that has, say a wedding venue. They likely have coverage incase they have to close due to something beyond their control. With that said, that does not mean the promotor is going to stroke that refund check quickly. 

12 minutes ago, MLA said:

Getting a vendor refund should not be an issue. Most event promotors take out insurance and there are riders that cover circumstances like covid. Same as like someone that has, say a wedding venue. They likely have coverage incase they have to close due to something beyond their control. With that said, that does not mean the promotor is going to stroke that refund check quickly. 

Funny you mention weddings as that has been a pretty big issue nationwide from what I read in the news.  Couples stuck with large cancellation fees or really struggling  to get any refunds from venues, photographers, etc.  

26 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Charge them to a credit card if possible so u have some higher chances to cancel and get your dispute refund

We are managing it okay - it was more the sponsorships and larger sums paid for group attendees.  Rather than refunds most want to roll funds to next year or hold a really toned down virtual conference.   I get the bind the conferences are in but most companies are not getting the event experience they signed up for either.  

2 hours ago, Steve B. said:

My local dealer is going to have their own indoor show. It's a great facility with the top manufacturers.

https://www.buckeyesportscenter.com/index-water.asp?theme=water

Steve B.

Ours is doing same although they started a few years back and said they have sold as many or more boats than at the boat show with a lot less costs/headaches transporting boats , cleaning after snow,/slush etc..

Shocks me how many ppl dont realize where their $ comes From. Universities are now some of the dumbest places on planet earth.. they must think kids go for the education 1st.. reality is getting away, living on their own and campus LIFE is why kids go, education is secondary or just a bonus.. they have killed campus life, sports, bars, restaurants, dorm, greek life etc basically all the reasons ppl go to college.. they will feel the burn shortly.. not worth it.. same thing with these shows. Sad.. 

Now I feel bad for the places being forced to shut that's total garbage , gov saying u can't be open but hey u still gotta pay taxes even if we don't let u make a living. If gov forces shut downs they should be forced to feel the burdon as well

Look at the line of traffic leaving Paris 😂 . What do these city planners think they are actually accomplishing other than their demise.. how many more Detroits are we going to create across our country and the globe?

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 3
On 10/31/2020 at 9:43 PM, The Hulk said:

Ours is doing same although they started a few years back and said they have sold as many or more boats than at the boat show with a lot less costs/headaches transporting boats , cleaning after snow,/slush etc..

Shocks me how many ppl dont realize where their $ comes From. Universities are now some of the dumbest places on planet earth.. they must think kids go for the education 1st.. reality is getting away, living on their own and campus LIFE is why kids go, education is secondary or just a bonus.. they have killed campus life, sports, bars, restaurants, dorm, greek life etc basically all the reasons ppl go to college.. they will feel the burn shortly.. not worth it.. same thing with these shows. Sad.. 

Now I feel bad for the places being forced to shut that's total garbage , gov saying u can't be open but hey u still gotta pay taxes even if we don't let u make a living. If gov forces shut downs they should be forced to feel the burdon as well

Look at the line of traffic leaving Paris 😂 . What do these city planners think they are actually accomplishing other than their demise.. how many more Detroits are we going to create across our country and the globe?

amen brother, open up achieve herd immunity and move on

• Like 2

Just stopped into another boat Dealer, selling more boats than ever ..doesn't care much about show anymore they will run out of boats again 2021, jet skis, wake boats, kyacks, and toons they way it's going.

This is going to be a nail in the coffin for boat shoes let alone all trade shows for a long while if not permanently

• Like 2
  • Sad 1