Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 stereo options


jimmsch

Recommended Posts

So I posted this in the Axis forum and was told I might get better luck if I post it here.

I am buying a 2021 T22. I really need clear and simple details about the different stereo options.
How many speakers with each different stereo pack option. how many amps? what brand ? and prices? how are the zones set up?  etc

Below are examples of my idea how to make it simple enough for a guy like me to understand.
SP1: # of speakers(make/model)...# of amps...# of subs...# of tower speakers...how is it zoned?...how much $?? are all speakers amped?

SP2: # of speakers(make/model)...# of amps...# of subs...# of tower speakers...how is it zoned?...how much $?? are all speakers amped?

SP3: # of speakers(make/model)...# of amps...# of subs...# of tower speakers...how is it zoned?...how much $?? are all speakers amped?

Basically if you copy paste and change the info to whatever is correct for me. I can't seem to find this info on Axis website.

Thank you all

Link to post

SOUNDPACK 1 • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 4 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, silver grills • Optional transom remote, NO ZONE CONTROL

SOUNDPACK 2.2 • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, silver grills • 2 ICON8 tower speakers, black or white cans • 10-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned HTX2 & HTX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

SOUNDPACK 2.4  • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, silver grills • 4 ICON8 tower speakers, black or white cans • 10-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned HTX2 & HTX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

SOUNDPACK 3.2  • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, black grills • 2 REV 10 tower speakers, black or white cans • 12-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned SYN-DX2 & SYN-DX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

SOUNDPACK 3.4  • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, black grills • 4 REV 10 tower speakers, black or white cans • 12-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned SYN-DX2 & SYN-DX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

 

Edited by COOP
  • Like 3
Link to post
23 minutes ago, COOP said:

SOUNDPACK 1 • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 4 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, silver grills • Optional transom remote, NO ZONE CONTROL

SOUNDPACK 2.2 • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, silver grills • 2 ICON8 tower speakers, black or white cans • 10-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned HTX2 & HTX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

SOUNDPACK 2.4  • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, silver grills • 4 ICON8 tower speakers, black or white cans • 10-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned HTX2 & HTX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

SOUNDPACK 3.2  • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, black grills • 2 REV 10 tower speakers, black or white cans • 12-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned SYN-DX2 & SYN-DX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

SOUNDPACK 3.4  • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, black grills • 4 REV 10 tower speakers, black or white cans • 12-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned SYN-DX2 & SYN-DX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

 

are the cabin speakers revos or recons?

Link to post

When I purchased our Axis I emailed Axis/Malibu Customer Service directly and they sent me a word document with complete parts list, including harness information within a few hours.  You may reach out to them if this thread doesn't satisfy your request.

Link to post

thanks for the info. Very informative. From the looks of it I am guessing the tower speakers are not amped. in any of the sound packs. It seems the amps only have 8 channels total making me think the HTX 6 is for the 6 cabin speakers and the HTX 2 is the subwoofer bridging the 2 channels. Does this sound right?

 

@pnwrider, dealers seem to not care to answer detailed questions. They usually just talk off the top of their heads without really knowing or caring. The guys on these forums are much more informative

Edited by jimmsch
Link to post
13 minutes ago, jimmsch said:

thanks for the info. Very informative. From the looks of it I am guessing the tower speakers are not amped. in any of the sound packs. It seems the amps only have 8 channels total making me think the HTX 6 is for the 6 cabin speakers and the HTX 2 is the subwoofer bridging the 2 channels. Does this sound right?

 

@pnwrider, dealers seem to not care to answer detailed questions. They usually just talk off the top of their heads without really knowing or caring. The guys on these forums are much more informative

You just arent under standing how they are set up.

ALL of the tower speakers are amplified off of the HTX2. The HTX2 runs at 4ohms per channel on two speakers and 2ohms per channel on four speakers.

Interior speakers and sub run off the HTX6. The six internals run on 4 channels (two channels run the rear four speakers and two channels run the bow speakers) and channels 5 and 6 are bridged to run the sub.

Edited by COOP
  • Like 2
Link to post
17 hours ago, COOP said:

You just arent under standing how they are set up.

ALL of the tower speakers are amplified off of the HTX2. The HTX2 runs at 4ohms per channel on two speakers and 2ohms per channel on four speakers.

Interior speakers and sub run off the HTX6. The six internals run on 4 channels (two channels run the rear four speakers and two channels run the bow speakers) and channels 5 and 6 are bridged to run the sub.

Perfect! Now I understand :) Thank you

Link to post
On 9/10/2020 at 9:09 AM, COOP said:

SOUNDPACK 1 • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 4 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, silver grills • Optional transom remote, NO ZONE CONTROL

SOUNDPACK 2.2 • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, silver grills • 2 ICON8 tower speakers, black or white cans • 10-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned HTX2 & HTX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

SOUNDPACK 2.4  • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, silver grills • 4 ICON8 tower speakers, black or white cans • 10-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned HTX2 & HTX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

SOUNDPACK 3.2  • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, black grills • 2 REV 10 tower speakers, black or white cans • 12-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned SYN-DX2 & SYN-DX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

SOUNDPACK 3.4  • Wet Sounds Stereo with Bluetooth • 6 Wet Sounds 6.5-inch speakers, black grills • 4 REV 10 tower speakers, black or white cans • 12-inch subwoofer • Digitally Tuned SYN-DX2 & SYN-DX6 Amps • Transom remote, ZONES ARE SUB, INTERIOR, AND TOWER

 

Why can’t they just amp the 4 rev 10’s correctly. 

Link to post
On 9/10/2020 at 7:36 PM, Nitrousbird said:

The T22 only comes with 6.5" inboats and not 8"?  That seems like a huge miss.

Maybe not. 6.5” sound really good if they have a decent tune and are placed in the boat correctly. I mean the new flagship m240 is all 6.5”. As long as they aren’t shoved in the walkway, or a deep pocket in the bow, etc as an after thought. 

If I run my six revo8 in the cabin up to a level they’re almost distorting it is not fun to be in the boat. You’re covering your ears. At 70% or so you can’t hear the water or the wind or the police siren. :)

Link to post
On 9/12/2020 at 7:43 AM, MLA said:

Whats "incorrect" about it? 

I agree they are under powered. But, they are looking at it from a reliability warranty standpoint. Also, it help keep the number of amp models they need to a minimum. 

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am new to this forum and new to the Axis Family. Like others I have seen on this forum, I came from a Four Winns H190 (what an upgrade).

I am not looking to highjack this thread but it is along the same lines of my questions. I am a pretty tech savvy guy that researches everything to no end before tackling the job. I have never done much with boat stereo equipment but the typical teenager that put a speaker box and amp in the Camaro in high school.

I bought a 2020 Axis A20 as a dealer order  and it came with sound pack 1. I took delivery in September and put 7 hours on it, before parking it for the long winter nap. The system sounds great as is but for obvious reasons, I would like a little upgrade.  Honestly, If I would have ordered the boat I would probably moved up to sound pack 2.2 or 3.2 but I get a lot of gratification providing the improvements myself.

I am looking to upgrade the sound pack 1 with a Wet Sounds SYN-DX2.3HP amplifier and a pair of Rev-10s tower speakers to start with. Down the road I would like to add the two bow speakers, 12 inch subwoofer and SYN-DX6. I have done some research and have been unable to find any resources to answer my questions. I have peaked around under the observation seat and see a Medallion MBB Viper400M that I assume is the "black box'' stereo. I did not pull any wires out yet. Does this setup have RCA outputs that would plug into the inputs of the amplifier? I assume the speaker wires come from the "black box?" Can I safely amplify the factory 6.5 inch (XS65-i?) speakers or would I have to upgrade to another 6.5?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...