Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 a24

smuurph84

10 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

Buddy is a service tech there it’s sweet looking man! Congrats. Are they delivering it?

Yes they are!  And we are going to slay Miami when they do haha

8 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Just to clarify potential confusion, the spray date is the day the boat starts the build. They spray the gel coat first, then lay fiberglass  and the rest of the structure and complete the boat from there. It typically takes 5-7 working days from the spray date and then it depends on truck loads going to your dealer for when it will get shipped. 

Cool... Not complaining at all, super happy with the dealer, salesman and Axis boats in general.   

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Just to clarify potential confusion, the spray date is the day the boat starts the build. They spray the gel coat first, then lay fiberglass  and the rest of the structure and complete the boat from there. It typically takes 5-7 working days from the spray date and then it depends on truck loads going to your dealer for when it will get shipped. 

We are in Tennessee and our dealer get their boats delivered straight from the factory. From what understand, boats normally go to a storage lot till transport is arranged to the dealer. Our dealer said their boats skip the storage lot. Don’t know if it’s true but they said it’s 5-7 days to build and then boat will be at the dealership the day after being finished. Our dealer is 50min from factory. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Dsalyers said:

4F51C3B4-4B5F-4003-9D8C-4032DF8D7C09.jpeg

Sick!!!  We saw a 2019 with that look but teal and pink... My GF loved it, she was like Miami Vice!!!!

Edited by Keef
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Dsalyers said:

We are in Tennessee and our dealer get their boats delivered straight from the factory. From what understand, boats normally go to a storage lot till transport is arranged to the dealer. Our dealer said their boats skip the storage lot. Don’t know if it’s true but they said it’s 5-7 days to build and then boat will be at the dealership the day after being finished. Our dealer is 50min from factory. 

That could be since your dealer is so close to the factory. Every dealer is going to be slightly different for shipping.

BEAUTIFUL boat too!

1 hour ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Did you guys do a M5 or M6 in your A24's?  The one my dealer has is a M5.  Very leery of an M5 in a A24.....

I went with the M6. I’m only around 700 above sea level here, but I really don’t want an underpowered 24.5ft boat. We usually load our boat up with people and ballast. Almost went with the LT4, but it was about 10k more than the M6 and couldn’t justify it with the spouse. 

• Like 2

I love the M5, but I wouldn't do it on a A24.  It will probably be fine for surfing and a normal crew but not worth the $5k savings.

Did you guys do a M5 or M6 in your A24's?  The one my dealer has is a M5.  Very leery of an M5 in a A24.....

M6 all the way.. Should be a priority upgrade... 2nd was the 4 tower speakers ;)

3 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I would never do an M5 on that boat! M6 all the way.

If I am ever in position to be able to buy an A24, I wouldn’t consider one without the M6, regardless of what prop the M5 was paired with. I would never regret spending more and it would be better for resale. I’d be very worried that I’d regret having the M5 and it won’t help resale. 

16 minutes ago, formerathlete said:

If I am ever in position to be able to buy an A24, I wouldn’t consider one without the M6, regardless of what prop the M5 was paired with. I would never regret spending more and it would be better for resale. I’d be very worried that I’d regret having the M5 and it won’t help resale. 

Truth in that... and in the whole scheme of things it is not THAT much more.

• Like 2

Makes sense on the M5 vs M6.  Would anyone's opinion be swayed if the high altitude prop was on?  (165x14 - 3537)

id get the 17" prop if i was going m6di. 

The walk through is up for the 2021 A24 on axis wake. Couple things i missed. 8 speakers total, 6 in cabin area, 2 in bow. They keep saying "slight hull changes" and talking with people in the "know" its just the sides and nose nothing should be different wake and wave wide. The nose looks like the A22 which helps shoot the spray down so maybe it will be a bit drier not that it wasnt before. 

• Like 1
On 8/6/2020 at 7:36 PM, smuurph84 said:

That looks fantastic! 

hope someone posts a review soon 

I got you on a full review and drone footage next week... I will do a "walk-through" also.

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 4:12 PM, Keef said:

Thank you.  It is the teal yes.  We went with an upgraded sound and obviously the 4 tower speakers... 

Keef, Did you get the sound pack 3 with 2 pair of Rev 10s? How do you like it?

It has 8 total cabin speakers correct? 2 in bow and 6 in main cabin it looks like in videos.

On 8/8/2020 at 7:58 AM, Keef said:

I got you on a full review and drone footage next week... I will do a "walk-through" also.

, did you get that drone footage ?  Any updates on a review ?

Went to my local dealer to get my boat serviced but they didn’t have any , bummer 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 5:45 PM, smuurph84 said:

, did you get that drone footage ?  Any updates on a review ?

Went to my local dealer to get my boat serviced but they didn’t have any , bummer 

Totally forgot to post it here I do a lot of short videos on my instagram @KeefsLife 

Wakesurf Drone Short

WakeBoarding South Beach Axis A24

Ladies Surf Drone

There you go!

• 5 months later...
On 10/28/2020 at 5:35 AM, Keef said:

Totally forgot to post it here I do a lot of short videos on my instagram @KeefsLife 

Wakesurf Drone Short

WakeBoarding South Beach Axis A24

Ladies Surf Drone

There you go!

That surf wave is sick!  I'm trying to dial my friends 21 A24.  He has floating wedge and pnp over stock, all full (bow bag and 750s in the rear.)  What extra weight/lead are you setup with?  His wave is solid but not near as long or tall.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 9:25 PM, bovhica said:

That surf wave is sick!  I'm trying to dial my friends 21 A24.  He has floating wedge and pnp over stock, all full (bow bag and 750s in the rear.)  What extra weight/lead are you setup with?  His wave is solid but not near as long or tall.

Hi!

We have no extra lead or anything like that.  It is all about speed and depth of water.  Adjusting my speed due to current (since we are basically in ocean) really helps.  

On 10/19/2020 at 5:25 PM, MystiikVLX said:

Keef, Did you get the sound pack 3 with 2 pair of Rev 10s? How do you like it?

It has 8 total cabin speakers correct? 2 in bow and 6 in main cabin it looks like in videos.

Hi we got the sound pack with the four tower speakers and all the ones inside.  I cannot remember how many but it sounds about right with the two in the bow.  yes it is a great system, we can blast out most of Miami!