Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spotify on media screen?

Nicodenunzio

15 hours ago, TexasTurner said:

Tried this today. When I click download it takes me to the Amazon App Store which says “it is incompatible with your device. You cannot purchase this app from this device.”

Any suggestions?

https://www.amazon.com/Spotify-Music/dp/B00KLBR6IC

The end of the URL is B"ZERO"ZERO"KLBR6"I" (as in India)C

You may have to log into a amazon account first but not sure.

3 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Try going into the settings and selecting install from unknown sources.

Open the browser and go here:

http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

If it downloads click on the downloaded APK file to see if it will let you install.

Yes! I did this install over a month ago and forgot about this step. 

I will ask this... why do people want this so bad?

Even though I was able to get Spotify on my screen with several playlists downloaded, I don’t find myself using it (second year in a row). It’s very clunky and the interface isn’t particularly smooth. It’s just too easy / convenient / familiar to use my phone via Bluetooth. I turn on the stereo, my phone auto connects, and Spotify is right there!

Last year I tested the audio quality between the two and don’t recall hearing a difference. Maybe I should test it again. 

17 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Even though I was able to get Spotify on my screen with several playlists downloaded, I don’t find myself using it (second year in a row). It’s very clunky and the interface isn’t particularly smooth. It’s just too easy / convenient / familiar to use my phone via Bluetooth. I turn on the stereo, my phone auto connects, and Spotify is right there!

Last year I tested the audio quality between the two and don’t recall hearing a difference. Maybe I should test it again. 

I was wondering the same.  I wasn't sure if I was missing something either.

55 minutes ago, IXFE said:

This is my concern.....In my past experience in my trucks, music sounds better with directly connected spotify vs bluetooth.  I noted this in my old VLX as well.....sound was not only better, but also produced greater volume when directly connected vs over bluetooth.  

I'll have to test this when it isn't snowing out......

On 4/20/2021 at 9:44 AM, dcarl said:

https://www.amazon.com/Spotify-Music/dp/B00KLBR6IC

The end of the URL is B"ZERO"ZERO"KLBR6"I" (as in India)C

You may have to log into a amazon account first but not sure.

This did not work because it took me to the Amazon store and said it was incompatible. 

This however did work: https://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

• 1 month later...

I could recommend a helpful method. I subscribed to Spotify for a long time, and I just want them to be played on my mp3 player. However, there aren't any apps supports mp3 player. I searched online and find many converters available. I selected Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter. It works well to convert my spotify playlists to mp3. Now I can easily move the downloaded files to my portable player.

I was able to follow the instructions from @IXFE last weekend and download and install Spotify to my 2021 without any issues.  Works great!  The only thing that was just a bit different was the .apk file didn't automatically prompt me to install after downloading.  I had to go to the list of downloads from the main Android screen and select the .apk file from there and then select install.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

And the best playlist available!

EFC! We’re going to his concert Friday night in Durant!🤘🏻

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, SandS said:

EFC! We’re going to his concert Friday night in Durant!🤘🏻

Not to derail this thread but awesome! Let me know how it is. We are going to Grand Rapids and Detroit in January. Will be my 15th and 16th show I think!

34 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Not to derail this thread but awesome! Let me know how it is. We are going to Grand Rapids and Detroit in January. Will be my 15th and 16th show I think!

Derail in full effect...I believe this will be our 18th! We have Denver, Lincoln, Omaha, Vegas and Cheyenne frontier days booked!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 9:47 AM, 23LSVOwner said:

Try going into the settings and selecting install from unknown sources.

Open the browser and go here:

http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

If it downloads click on the downloaded APK file to see if it will let you install.

I can’t get mine to download. 

I’ve tried both ways. When I go to the above link in the browser it doesn’t give a prompt to download, just gives a blank screen. I’ve also waited a while to see if it shows up in my Downloads and it doesn’t show anything there.

any suggestions?

6 hours ago, ikmiller said:

I’ve tried both ways. When I go to the above link in the browser it doesn’t give a prompt to download, just gives a blank screen. I’ve also waited a while to see if it shows up in my Downloads and it doesn’t show anything there.

any suggestions?

Same here!  I just gave up.

2 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

Spotify probably put a block on it. I thought about try to download it to a thumb drive on a PC and load it on from there. If I get some time tomorrow I’m going to try it and see if that works. If it works I’ll let you know.

• Like 2

Don't forget to change the security setting to allow unknown sources.  What I did, that worked, was browsed to this thread from the boat and click the link to the .apk download from this thread in the browser on the boat.  Also, when it is downloading there's a down arrow indicating the download in either the upper right or upper left corner of the screen.  Can't remember which side the down arrow is on.

Edited by SteveQ
21 hours ago, ikmiller said:

any suggestions?

Did you try the @TexasTurner link? It worked for me May 31. It’s an https url vs the http that you tried.

On 4/25/2021 at 10:24 PM, TexasTurner said:

This did not work because it took me to the Amazon store and said it was incompatible. 

This however did work: https://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

14 hours ago, SteveQ said:

Don't forget to change the security setting to allow unknown sources.  What I did, that worked, was browsed to this thread from the boat and click the link to the .apk download from this thread in the browser on the boat.  Also, when it is downloading there's a down arrow indicating the download in either the upper right or upper left corner of the screen.  Can't remember which side the down arrow is on.

Clicking the link through the browser on the boat got me one step closer! It gives a prompt that says “starting download” however when I go to the “downloads” section it just says that the download is queued. Also shows no arrow as you said yours did. 

On 6/26/2021 at 6:29 PM, ctvandy23 said:

Keep trying. Mine wouldn’t download all weekend. Came out tonight and tried it and it just worked by navigating to this thread via the browser.

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...