Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for a trailer for a 2019 Malibu 22 lsv

Wake28

We have kept our boat at a dry storage for about a year now and they have damaged it to many times. We are in urgent need of a trailer. If you have anything please let me know! Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

I understand your pain! I experienced the same thing when I had my boat in dry storage for the first 2 summers. The idiots would allow the forks to scrape the bottom of my (black bottom) boat and they put scratches & scrapes all over the hull with some of them being above the waterline on the front of the hull. When I nicely addressed the damage with them....(I was understanding and told them I knew some scratches were likely unavoidable buy assumed they had a contract with a local shop to fix damages when necessary) they first denied like crazy and made all kinds of claims about what I must be doing to cause the damage myself) and then once I proved to them they were doing the damage (I had video's) of the forklift drivers literally banging the ends of the forks into my hull when they tried to pick it up without forks being low enough.... and then when dropping the boat, backing up without having the forks low enough so as the backed out, the ends of the forks scraped along my hull almost half way up to my rub rail. When they saw the videos, they pulled out the original contract and pointed to the fine print, a clause where it basically said that "damage will happen and is too be expected".... but if I still demand repairs as a customer, my ONLY right is too allow them to make the repairs and I "waive the right" to have the damages repaired by a third party and then present them with the invoice for re-imbursement. I initially agreed to let them do the repairs until I walked up as they were prepping my boat only to see some 17-18yr old helper getting ready to run a makita on my boat without any of the correct materials! Having personal experience with wetsand/compound/polish I knew they had no clue how to make proper repairs and would have compounded the issues they created. I cancelled the contract on the spot and took my boat (I built a detached boat garage to keep her at home). It took me no less than 50hrs to fix all the damage they did. Lesson learned and I will never use dry storage again.

Good luck finding a used trailer, you do not see them come up for sale very often. For a newer boat like this you are likely to have to order a new trailer