Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How should I wire a new 420bt and head unit 06’ 247

Brannon132

Hey crew,

I’m installing a 420bt and a infinity media receiver head unit in my 06’ 247 and need your guidance.

I’ve done a little research on how to wire the 420bt and I’m a little confused. Some are suggesting that I run the hot, ground and remote wires from the 410bt that’s under the dash to the rear of the boat and up the other side to directly wire them to the amp. Is this the best way to wire the 420? And if run the wires this way how do I wire the head unit? Do I run the hot and ground for the head unit at same time?

I don’t know if this info helps but I am running dual batteries with a perko switch where the stereo works while running off of either battery.

Just a little confused and need your help.

Thanks in advance,

Brannon

Never hurts to rely on your equipment supplier for detailed support, but in short, ALL the audio B+ and B- need to share the same voltage source. The head unit will trigger the EQ on the same as it does the amps. 

MLA thank you for the information, when I called wet sounds they said I could just splice the 420bt into the head unit power and ground since it’s close, does that sound like a good idea?

Brannon

Edited by Brannon132