Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rock Guard!!! What kind's

pennery

I am researching my options for a rock guard on my BU. I Tow it everywhere and I am tired of noticing new chips in the gel from rocks. I hate the look of this ugly thing but I am wondering if anyone has ever used one or if they have something else that will keep the rocks off...

BOW BUDDY

I got a set of rock tamers from cabelas they definately aren't pretty but when I picked up my bu and made the 8 hour trip home the boat was much cleaner. Also the setup is adjustable and easy to install on a variety of vehicles.

Edited by johnsvt
Why not get a proper towing cover ? Especailly for longer trips.

Have a look at

http://www.wake.com.au/modules.php?name=Fo...pic&t=12172

I can't see the pic you are trying to show me but I haveseen some covers come all the way down the side of the boat. I would really prefer something that was going to attach to the trailer or attach to the boat instead of just great big mudflaps. I think I may have to settle for the flaps though as I can't find anyhting else.

Thanks for the input guys.

Shame you can't see the pictures, maybe need to be registered to see the the pics on wake.com.au (it's free to register & post pics).

Our covers do fully protect both the boat and the trailer as they connect right at the bottom of the trailer steel. Mine even protects most of the trailers wheel guards as it goes to the outside edge.

For a Response I think they go for around NZ$2500 = US$1700

I think if buying a new boats the Malibu dealer offers them at more like NZ$1700

They are made right here in Christchurch but seems like the australia the same type caovers are also being made.

Note they are thick canvas covers with fleecy lining etc so do not move or flap around and provide complete protection. Certainly completely different than the lightweight covers I've seen on a few ex USA imported boats.

Edited by uk_exile
  • 2 weeks later...

Cabela's has some mud flaps that attach to your receiver hitch (similar to Edwins) and they are now offering a $20 discount for items purchased before Dec 22. Not bad.

Rob