Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hummer

Brad B

A local doctor wants to borrow my LSV to tow with a Hummer in a parade this weekend.

I'm guessing is a real Hummer not the 2 or tiny.

I haven't seen it and won't until 1 hour before the parade.

But what I wanna know is about the reciever hitch.

Is it real high and will I need to get a lower drop than the one used for the Dodge Ram?

You better get out there and start shinin up that mean green monster just in case. :lol:

PS: you guys still going out? I can't even launch...the ramps are all out of the water Cry.gif

On my H2 the hitch level was relatively hig and I needed a 3-5 inch drop to make it work. Not sure how the H2 compares with the original Hummers (in this regard anyway), but my guess is that it is worth determining this in advance (as asnowman noted). You may also be able to flip your existing tongue over and re-mount the ball to gain an inch or two.....good luck!

Looks like he is borrowing the Hummer too.

I'm definitely gonna be doing the driving.

So the hitch measurement is unknown until 1 hour before the parade.

I'm like y'all - I wanna be prepared for everything well in advance of the event.

The big Green LSV should look good with a big fat red Santa on the deck.

Too bad its all on the road - not in the water.

Maybe I'll get TJ to ride a skateboard behind it.

Can you call a Hummer dealer and ask the hitch height question? Or go to www.thehummercrew.com?

You might get results you didn't intend to with that address.... Shocking.gif

o.k. I bit, the address was invalid Cry.gif

:)

if it's an h2, you'll probably need at least a 5 inch drop. the guy i sold my last boat to picked his up with an h2. he only had a straight receiver so i gave him my two inch drop and it looked like it was gonna drag the prop cage on the level. okay maybe a slight exaggeration but not much.