Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

😮 New Skins In Person - 01 Sunsetter VLX

DGAZ

4 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

That's gonna look super sharp when it's done.

Thanks brotha! It should all come together really well. Definitely a fun process

The problem with having a snappy  new interior is that everything is going to pale in comparison.  So that means lots more work on the hull, the stereo, the trailer... "If you give a pig a pancake".  :)

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

The problem with having a snappy  new interior is that everything is going to pale in comparison.  So that means lots more work on the hull, the stereo, the trailer... "If you give a pig a pancake".  :)

Ha Ha yeah I already feel that 😅 I’m going to get new decals & clean up the hull real good. Of course the gatorstep and some other items

All good though. Still way under my original budget so I’ll slowly bring everything back to a snappy life ha ha

Never heard the pig version “if you give a mouse a cookie” 🤙🏼

8 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

I am sure it will be awesome, but my guess your budget will be out the window.  And of course you will need Surfgate or equivalent...

Yeah probably 🥳

Surfgates never really been on my list. Got some new fatsacs & the mission delta. Gonna get some lead for the front but I’ve already surfed a pretty decent wave. Much less convenient but I’m willing to live with it. May plumb for ballast down the road but nothing urgent

Top of my list

GatorStep - Perfect Pass - Get that exterior back to lookin new With some new decals - Stereo is definitely a want and not a need. Maybe hold off for a year or so. The one it came with does the job for now. Small things like new switches etc

6 minutes ago, ROFF said:

Those will look awesome!

That is a dark path you are headed down.   Good luck trying to stop :)

Thanks man

Ha Ha my version of a 1965 Bronco I guess. My newest hobby. I’m enjoyin it so far. I’ll tell the wife I’m setting up an annual budget that way I never have to stop. Might as well just earmark sooner rather than later 

It is going to look great.  And there is no reason I can see that the gelcoat won't really pop if they get aggressive enough with the wheel and compounding, especially with a new set of decals.   

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

I am sure it will be awesome, but my guess your budget will be out the window.  And of course you will need Surfgate or equivalent...

Follow up on our discussing regarding pricing. Firmed & confirmed it today. Per him the breakdown is;

$5500

60% Labor

40% Materials

35 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

It is going to look great.  And there is no reason I can see that the gelcoat won't really pop if they get aggressive enough with the wheel and compounding, especially with a new set of decals.   

Thanks brother! Really appreciate the encouragement. He said they’ll do a great job with the exterior. $250. Seems fair to me. Then I’ll just maintain the hull with my own equipment moving forward. A resource on here gave me a place for decals. I’m already visioning what I want that to look like in my head

Def need to get the Malibu logo on either side. Just need to decide which version and color scheme. And then update the Sunsetter VLX on either side and the rear Malibu Luxury Sport V. Pricing is very fair. Prob only be a couple hundred bucks. 

11 minutes ago, DGAZ said:

Follow up on our discussing regarding pricing. Firmed & confirmed it today. Per him the breakdown is;

$5500

60% Labor

40% Materials

It is a steal.  If your upholsterer is up to it, he could get a fook-tonne of business of this site.

7 minutes ago, DGAZ said:

He said they’ll do a great job with the exterior. $250. Seems fair to me.

Fair?  Is this guy using undocumented alien workers?  Multiply by 5 to 10 times for a good detailer.

23 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

It is a steal.  If your upholsterer is up to it, he could get a fook-tonne of business of this site.

Ha Ha... that’s what I told him. I have no benchmark because this is my first boat so great feedback. I told him I already may have a couple referrals from here.... which a few have already reached out for more info

25 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Fair?  Is this guy using undocumented alien workers?  Multiply by 5 to 10 times for a good detailer.

Oh wow... that’s crazy dude

He said $250 and I said ok 😅 sounded like a solid deal

26 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

This is your chance to  go modern with new decals via Domednumbers.com

That’s funny... exactly where I was referred to from this forum. Already hit them up. They look sweet with the multidimensional approach. So many directions I can go 😕🤯 

I see a Cut & Polish in your future (among other things.)  Anyway, looks EXCELLENT and will no doubt transform that girl!  Love to see it!:salute:

Edited by formulaben
15 hours ago, formulaben said:

I see a Cut & Polish in your future (among other things.)  Anyway, looks EXCELLENT and will no doubt transform that girl!  Love to see it!:salute:

Thank You! Really appreciate it. Definitely sooner rather than later 👊🏻
Bout to share a few more pics here