Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got to ski this TG weekend here in Virginia

awilco

The weather was great this weekend, got tons done around the lake house and got to ski this weekend both Sat and Sunday. Water temp was 82 and air was 67. We skiied on a course located near a power plant. It was weard wanting to stay in the water to get warm. Biggrin.gif

Hope all had a great TG.

I think my lake needs a power plant! :) My temp on Friday was also 82°--41 ambient/41 H20. Shocking.gif But hey, yesterday the air was closer to 60 and I've never had the boat in this late--so no complaining from me.

I went Skiing this weekend as well...just not water skiing... Air -27 C which if I did my math right is -16.6 F I am not sure what the water temp is right now but I bet I wouldn't be staying in it to keep warm... It is unbelievably cold here right now and I have to say it is not very enjoyable.. Cry.gif

The weather was great this weekend, got tons done around the lake house and got to ski this weekend both Sat and Sunday. Water temp was 82 and air was 67. We skiied on a course located near a power plant. It was weard wanting to stay in the water to get warm. Biggrin.gif

Hope all had a great TG.

Is that Hyco Lake?

That's what I was thinking. Hyco has the big powerplant that keeps that end of the lake warm.

Must be nice Thumbup.gif

Did you see any 3 Eyed fish while you were skiing there? It sounds like a warm lake but a Powerplant? Does that not polute the water?

Did you see any 3 Eyed fish while you were skiing there? It sounds like a warm lake but a Powerplant? Does that not polute the water?

The powerplants usually just use the water to cool everything. We have a nuclear powerplant on our lake. Keeps the lake about 5 degrees warmer than usual, but nothing is being added to the water to pollute it. Just heat. Now if the plant melts down, sure we're screwed. But no pollution.

The powerplants usually just use the water to cool everything. We have a nuclear powerplant on our lake. Keeps the lake about 5 degrees warmer than usual, but nothing is being added to the water to pollute it. Just heat. Now if the plant melts down, sure we're screwed. But no pollution.

cleaner than boat exhaust

cleaner than boat exhaust

And if you want to get really dirty, let humans swim in it.. We actually have a few lakes that you're allowed to drive boats on it. You can row on it. But if you swim in it, you get a nice ticket and can't come back. It's used for rowing now, and is used by high schools and university's. it's the drinking reservoir for the area.

Hi all, lake is Lake Anna on "the warm side" as it is commonly called.

No 3 eyed fish that I saw. There were a ton of bass fisher people there.

Some of their eyes were a little wider apart than normal.

I do not think that had anything to do with the lake water but one never knows?

Hi all, lake is Lake Anna on "the warm side" as it is commonly called.

No 3 eyed fish that I saw. There were a ton of bass fisher people there.

Some of their eyes were a little wider apart than normal.

I do not think that had anything to do with the lake water but one never knows?

Now if only we could get them to allow ski courses on Lake Anna. Speaking of, have you ever driven by the house just above Anna Point Marina? The house with the boathouse that is bigger than most of the houses. There was an article in WaterSki magazine a while back about how they did the whole thing in Brazillian wood and stuff so it would never rot. The house is owned by the Commissioner of the US Waterski association or something along those lines. He said in the article that since courses aren't allowed on Anna, that they have another private lake nearby. Must be nice...